NVG ANVS-9 more REAL...

• Replies 250
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The pics are out of focus. But what I meant was noise, not fuz. If you have used theme before, you would know there is noise.

https://magnitude-3.com/

https://www.facebook.com/magnitude3llc

https://www.youtube.com/@magnitude_3

i9 13900K, 128GB RAM, RTX 4090, Win10Pro, 2 x 2TB SSD

i9 10980XE, 128GB RAM, RTX 3090Ti, Win10 Pro, 2 x 256GB SSD, 4 x 512GB SSD RAID 0, 6 x 4TB HDD RAID 6, 9361-8i RAID Controller

i7 4960X, 64GB RAM, GTX Titan X Black, Win10 Pro, 512GB PCIe SSD, 2 x 256GB SSD

Nice work!

Is possible to add a sound? For take and wear NVG? I see this for mod NVG for Ka-50.

Not posibile at the moment (at least not by me).

The old sound for the KA-50 that you heard in one of my videos was done via AHK - and (as many told me) not realistic at all.

...Or you talking of something completely different?

Hi Peter. Is there a chance you can add static fuz to the green?

My photo from my experience in Afghanistan...

Yes I'm able to ad static noise - but first I want to know if it is realistic at all for well maintained ANVIS-9 goggles ?

Question at all that have used the ANVIS-9: (I don't want to hear guesses - I can do guesses myself;))

Is adding Static Noise realistic ?

And if yes: How much is it....??

I made a very overdone example to make absolute sure that everyone knows what I'm talking off.

- please don't tell me that this is not realistic- I'm aware of it. - just tell how much I have to reduce it in % to get to a realistic appearance.

...and yes - I can also smaller the size of the static "pixels" - so it will be much finer in the end.

And don't worry - the NVG of the Ka-50 will not influenced by this.

again:

Please tell how much I have to reduce the static noise in % to get to a realistic appearance.

Edited by PeterP

Great Mod, looks really nice :thumbup:

I was thinking about the mod, maybe this is the beginning of a HMD :music_whistling:

Windows 10 | i7-8700K@5GHz | 2080 Ti | Intel Z370 Chipset | 32GB RAM@1866 MHz | SSD: Samsung 850 EVO 1TB| Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS w. FSSB R3 Mod | Saitek Switch Panel + Radio Panel + Multi Panel + FIP + Flightpanels Software | MFG_Crosswind | TrackIR5 | TM Cougar MFD Pack | Obutto R3volution | 1 x LG38 | GAMETRIX KW-908 JETSEAT

OK!

;)Thanks for the overwhelming response to my question:

Question at all that have used the ANVIS-9: (I don't want to hear guesses - I can do guesses myselfwink.gif)

Is adding Static Noise realistic ?

And if yes: How much is it....??

I made a very overdone example to make absolute sure that everyone knows what I'm talking off.

- please don't tell me that this is not realistic- I'm aware of it. - just tell how much I have to reduce it in % to get to a realistic appearance.

...and yes - I can also smaller the size of the static "pixels" - so it will be much finer in the end.

And don't worry - the NVG of the Ka-50 will not influenced by this.

again:

Please tell how much I have to reduce the static noise in % to get to a realistic appearance.

I will close the doors for adding "extras" within the next 12 hours.

And if there are no more inputs from you I will compile tomorrow a somewhat "idiot-proof" installer that helps you to choose the right files corresponding your set-up.

Planed Set-up's that will be natively supported without the need to edit a file manually:

Single screen 4:3/5:4/16:9/16:10

Dual screen - side by side - Camera on left - both screens 4:3/5:4/16:9/16:10

Dual screen - stacked - Camera on Top - both screens 4:3/5:4/16:9/16:10

Triple-head - all screens 4:3/5:4/16:9/16:10

For all other setups you will have to position the NVG_Mask via the "MonitorSetup".lua and edit the focus.png like shown in my instruction video.

The installer will help you to identify your setup visually and choose the right files to install by a single button press.

And you will also be able to revert the changes back with a single click. - so there is no hassle if you will need a functional controls indicator.

Edited by PeterP

Peter, very nice. When looking through them, the static has a fine pixelated view. And viewing around is more crisp.

I like how the static jumps around. Definitely keep that. I've included an example from a flight.

Keep up the good work...:thumbup:

DCS-World_ANVS-9_Example.jpg.60f20656be61731329dcfde32bbd696b.jpg

Edited by -Rudel-
info..

i9 10980XE, 128GB RAM, RTX 3090Ti, Win10 Pro, 2 x 256GB SSD, 4 x 512GB SSD RAID 0, 6 x 4TB HDD RAID 6, 9361-8i RAID Controller

Thanks for reply and the image. - much more helpful than the videos I browsed the last days.

AlphaOneSix and Rudel,

please tell me which filter (or name the time frame ) I can use as orientation for adding the static fluctuation.

(please watch it full screen in the highest quality)

Edit:

End please tell me also if the darkening at the edges is also visible when wearing them - or it is only caused by the method to film it:

Edited by PeterP

Time Stamp:

The filming though causes the static to look thicker though. If you can make it finer than the video above, it should be good.

The darkened / blured edge is there, but because our eyes are close to it, as apposed to the camera's photo/video sensor, it's not as thick.

For FRAPS' sake, leave it blurred for those movie makers.

I added a little grain and also whites/highlights like it is always seen in RL footage.

Tip: Start at 23.00 at Batumi for a test.

Default shader

Screen_120929_173622.jpg

New shader

Screen_120929_164842.jpg

Real image:

NVG-Night-Vision-Anvis-9-4.jpg

..this mod is god damn nice.. especially with the new shaders. Feels like the real deal.

Thanks

Thanks - yes I have a lot of fun with it right now...

No NVG:

Screen_120929_210528.jpg

Default shaders:

Screen_120929_211335.jpg

New Shaders:

Screen_120929_205827.jpg

>>> http://liandigitalmedia.com/helicopter-nvg/

watch_video_black.pngWatch the Video

Technical Notes

We built a custom rig to secure two 3 CCD, 1 lux cameras side by side for simultaneous recording. Anvis 9 NVGs were aligned and secured to one camera to simulate a pilot’s view through night vision goggles while a second camera simultaneously recorded a pilot’s view without the benefit of NVGs.

Edited by PeterP

Hello Peter,

sorry for the delay, busy in RL. But anyways, here is the track. You can see (or not see) the laser/IR beam from the Pod.

It is visible at the leftmost edge of the NVG but not over the whole area.

Hopefully you can see into this and find a solution.

Version of the mod is Release Candidate 2 plus the new shaders. But it was also not correctly projected without the new shaders. I hope I described the situation clearly. :music_whistling:

Greetz Tim

NVG Test.trk

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

If it got tits or wings, it makes you trouble!!

Hello Peter,

sorry for the delay, busy in RL. But anyways, here is the track. You can see (or not see) the laser/IR beam from the Pod.

It is visible at the leftmost edge of the NVG but not over the whole area.

Hopefully you can see into this and find a solution.

Version of the mod is Release Candidate 2 plus the new shaders. But it was also not correctly projected without the new shaders. I hope I described the situation clearly. :music_whistling:

Greetz Tim

Thanks for the track !

There is still some info missing I asked for :

Please post a short track - and also tell at which time in track it is happening.

Than I will have a look.

Tell me also which exact version and the total resolution you are using.

Any other mods installed ?

anyway - I will run the track now in single-screen 16:9 once with the default 1.2.0 files and than with the mod.

Will report back when done.

Sorry, forgot about the other mods and the resolution.

The resolution is 3840x1080 and I am using your clickable radio mod. I am also running Helios and SoftTh.

Thanks again! But:

38400x1080 doesn't tell me anything about the

Originally Posted by PeterP viewpost.gif

exact version

...of this mod you are using...anyway

First: Whatever you see (or don't see) :

It is not related by the NVG mod!

I did run a test replaying your track in a default 1.2.0 DCS World install at 1920x1080 windowed:

(sorry for the quality - I just wanted to keep the record file-size and upload time as small as possible)

and one with the NVG MOd and the new shader at same settings:

And both times I was able to see what I should.

So you have to search for the problem at your side.

here are some tips:

Run the track in a plain single screen configuration and look if you can reproduce it - if not - and everything is OK even with this mod installed:

first check Softth:

Make sure you run the compatibility settings i recommend (red letters) in post one of this thread: SoftTH NEWS

If this will not cure your problem,

it must be a driver/hardware related problem at your end and I'm not able to help you further (at least in this thread).

To be sure:

Double-check your settings and read the Readme.txt again , to rule out that it is a USER related mistake.

BTW: My radio mod can't be the problem :)

Edit:

Had a PM conversation with Timmy and it seems that he didn't used the right focus.png for his settings. - so the mod is working as advertised and don't put in new bugs.

Just read carefully the Readme and follow the instruction corresponding your set-up!

And if there are no other complains about the new shader and the static-noise I added - than I will compile a much easier to use installer tomorrow that will include the new shader for the NVG.

This installer will run a "somewhat" check-list wizard that will ask you some questions related to your monitorsetup before installing the files.

Edited by PeterP

Hi PeterP Love the new shaders, look much better. One thing I thing I would wish is much less noise. IMHO it should just be much more subtle. BTW is there a way to tweak the green colour of the nvg itself?

:pilotfly:Wolfpack Production:pilotfly:

-=<[WiN 10, I7 3770K @ 4,5 Ghz, Corsair H100i, Sabertooth Z77, 16 GB Dominator, Sapphire 7970 VaporX 6GB, C70 Vengance, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Saitek Pro rudder, Track IR, Beyerdynamics MMX 300 ]>=-

DCS/FC2/FC3/Arma videos on my channel:

https://www.youtube.com/user/WolfpackproductionDK

"Fortes Furtuna Juvat"

Hi PeterP Love the new shaders, look much better. One thing I thing I would wish is much less noise IMHO it should just be much more subtle.

why - on which resolution are you? -it's not possible to go beyond your screen limitations.

(you have to know: the noise is resolution dependent.

Small res = grainy look , big res = finer and much subtitle

means = you are on e.g. 1280x1024 and want to have finer grain = not possible, because the grain can't be smaller than a pixel of your screen... )

BTW is there a way to tweak the green colour of the nvg itself?
Yes there is -why ? tell me(us).

Explanation:

- and please don't get me wrong - its all about getting the right info :

I have put about six month of research into this (well - not every day...)- I expect that someone will give me numbers or exact sources that point me in a direction so I will know what I have missed.

So please point me in a direction I can work with - I'm good at working with numbers.. but I can't work with guesses.

Edited by PeterP

Hi again...Im running 1920x1080 res....From my experience with NVG´s wich is about 7 years as a recon scout in the army. I dont remember it to be very grainy, maybe sometimes during rough weather, where not much moon/star light was present. But in good conditons with fresh batteries, they are actually pretty clear. However there was always a feeling that what you looked through was digital/filtered guess this is caused by filters or whatever they are (im not into the tech). :smartass:

Regarding the colour I know there is a difference in colour, some are more green others are more yellow/greenish, maybe this is caused by tiny differences in the plates who filteres the light. I alwaysed liked looking at the more yellowish/brownish green, hence why I want to tweak it a little bit ;)

-=<[WiN 10, I7 3770K @ 4,5 Ghz, Corsair H100i, Sabertooth Z77, 16 GB Dominator, Sapphire 7970 VaporX 6GB, C70 Vengance, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Saitek Pro rudder, Track IR, Beyerdynamics MMX 300 ]>=-

"Fortes Furtuna Juvat"

Hi again...Im running 1920x1080 res....From my experience with NVG´s wich is about 7 years as a recon scout in the army. I dont remember it to be very grainy, maybe sometimes during rough weather, where not much moon/star light was present. But in good conditons with fresh batteries, they are actually pretty clear. However there was always a feeling that what you looked through was digital/filtered guess this is caused by filters or whatever they are (im not into the tech). :smartass:

Thanks !

this is valuable info.

I never used a NVG myself.

There is a possibility to lower the grain even more... we will see...

So I ask all others that have some RL experience to share your thoughts.(underlying it with the right additional info)

Regarding the colour I know there is a difference in colour, some are more green others are more yellow/greenish, maybe this is caused by tiny differences in the plates who filteres the light. I alwaysed liked looking at the more yellowish/brownish green, hence why I want to tweak it a little bit ;)

OK - understandable - I already planed to release a NVG-Mask filter mod when I have this gone "gold"...

so you only have to replace a single file PNG image in your tmptextures to add a specific colour-filter.

But -please keep in mind that this mod is to reflect the ANVIS-9 image as close is gets on a monitor. - and not other devises.

Edited by PeterP

Yes, when there is a decent amount of ambient light (typically moonlight or a clear sky with lots of starlight), there is virtually no "noise" in the goggles at all. When it is very dark and there is not much ambient light (such as no moon and overcast, so no stars either) then goggles can get very grainy, or noisy, whatever you want to call it. To get the full effect of this "noise" you can just cover the objective lens so no light enters, and see what you get. I may be able to get a video of this soon, since my googles are in A-stan and I'll be there in just a few days.

I just helped out a few days ago with the teardown and inspection of a set of ANVIS-9's, now I wish I would have paid more attention...

The "default" color is the green, since the human eye can see so many shades of it, but some ground pounders (Chazz may agree with me here) will put filters on the eyepieces so the image is brown or red. What they may lose in clarity they will more than make up for in retaining the ability to see unaided. The green totally ruins your unaided night vision, so if you take off your goggles you have a while to adjust. With a red filter, you keep more of your night vision, just like using red light at night instead of white.

• Like 1

BTW in this video I edited the NVG aside from the added scan phasing I think it looks more like the real deal. Notice (watch in HD) the small dots or cubes I added. This is not 100% accurate but my attemp to get a more real look. Maybe this can give you an idea what im talking about.. :dontgetit:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wOIQwB49X8I&feature=share&list=PL275292A3B5D0BDC9

Edited by Chazz_BMF

"Fortes Furtuna Juvat"