DCS World & Eyefinity Poor Support

ExplodingSidewalk

I have purchased everyone of these simulators from Lock On through P-51D Mustang. Would someone please figure out how to run these simulators in eyefinity using three monitors @ 5760 x 1200.

I have tried modifying config filies till I'm blue in the face.

How can we play Hawx 1 and 2 in eyefinity with no problems and yet these simulators (not even on the same playing field as Hawx 1 and 2) fail miserably in an eyefinity setup?

Sorry for the rant.

• ED Team

post your monitor .lua and I am sure you will get some help.

I dont use eyefinity for my three monitors, never liked it, I use softTH in my configuration

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

I have purchased everyone of these simulators from Lock On through P-51D Mustang. Would someone please figure out how to run these simulators in eyefinity using three monitors @ 5760 x 1200.

How can we play Hawx 1 and 2 in eyefinity with no problems and yet these simulators (not even on the same playing field as Hawx 1 and 2) fail miserably in an eyefinity setup?

Sorry for the rant.

I have been using eyefinity since the first backshark with no issues, when you say it does not work can you be a bit more specific. Normally all you have to do is select the right resolution in the gui comfy page. You may also want to adjust your field of view in the view. Lua to make to bigger number a big bit bigger.

Try this. I even use 5760 x 1200. Make sure, that your 3 monitors cover one single desktop. I am not sure whether Eyefinity is active on my computer. I simply aranged all 3 monitors to one single desktop in the CCC. Do not forget to uncheck 'full screen' in the A10 Warthog or DCS World options dialog. Then it should work.

Regards

Mike

3Cameras.lua

Edited by towsim

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

You have to have your desktop set to Eyefinity, the game needs to be set to fullscreen, then select your correct resolution in the Options page of the sim. Once done it will work without issue.

Its not the sim its the settings you are using.

AMD Ryzen 9 3900x, 64GB DDR 4, MSI Ventus 2070 Super, Samsung 970 M.2 NVMe, WD Blue 512GB SSD, TM Warthog, CH Pro Pedals, Acer AH101 WMR

Lol, never heard this expression before but had a good laugh :lol:. I have no idea where it comes from but English is not my mother tongue.

Don't know your issue as multimonitor has never been a problem from BS1 to DSCW as long as you understand how options.lua and monitorsetup directory are working, eyefinity or not.

Set up you eyefinity first then added the bezel compensation if you want. Then find your full resolution. Open up DSC and type in the resolution if it does not show up in the menu. It should be there. I have full screen unchecked because it gives me problems with it checked. With full screen my exit menu does not work. I dont have to edit any file with A10C. Black Shark does not zoom back far enough that needs to be edited and the SU 25 for get it. I have tryed other peoples edited files with no luck. The Su 25 is so close I cant tell if there is a target or a nose print on the hud

Edited by chardly38

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

=&arrFilter_pf[gameversion]=&arrFilter_pf[filelang]=&arrFilter_pf[aircraft]=&arrFilter_CREATED_USER_NAME=chardly38&set_filter=Filter&set_filter=Y"]MY SKINS And Helios

i7 2600k 3.4 quad w/ Hyper N520 cpu fan_, Asus Sabertooth z77_, RX 580_, Corsair Vengeance 1800 8Gb ram_, 112 OCZ Vertex 3_, Corsair HX 1000, 3 screens res 5292x1050_,and 1 1680x1050 Helios Ir Tracker 5 with Pro Clip_,Hotas Warthog#12167 ...

My System Runs Fine in Eyefinity3, I had to edit the LAU to get the UI to stay on the center screen and not span all 3 screens though, Also after hitting pause/break to start the mission, the camera takes about 15 seconds to zoom out, other wise you feel like you're inspecting the hud lens

:

th_Screen_120721_141304.jpg

th_Screen_120721_143644.jpg

th_Screen_120715_164030.jpg

Edited by SkateZilla

Windows 10 Pro, Ryzen 2700X @ 4.6Ghz, 32GB DDR4-3200 GSkill (F4-3200C16D-16GTZR x2),

ASRock X470 Taichi Ultimate, XFX RX6800XT Merc 310 (RX-68XTALFD9)

3x ASUS VS248HP + Oculus HMD, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS + MFDs

I would like to thank all of you for the quick replies and help I received via this forum. I apologize for not getting back sooner.

My setup is three Dell U2412M monitors in Eyefinity (screenshot) and MSI Frozr III 7950 video card.

Last night I wanted to compile screenshots of each of the following DCS modules: P-51D, Ka-50, A-10C, and Su-25T.

Test Scenarios:

Option A: Resolution = 6048 x 1200 / Aspect Ratio = 5.04 / Monitors 1 Screen / Fullscreen = Unchecked (You need to have Fullscreen unchecked or you won't be able to select quit / cancel buttons on screen)

Option B: Resolution = 6048 x 1200 / Aspect Ratio = 5.04 / Monitors 3 Screens / Fullscreen = Unchecked (You need to have Fullscreen unchecked or you won't be able to select quit / cancel buttons on screen)

Option C: Resolution = 5760 x 1200 / Aspect Ratio = 4.8 / Monitors 1 Screen / Fullscreen = Checked (You need to have Fullscreen checked or the screen will be cutoff on the left and right)

Option D: Resolution = 5760 x 1200 / Aspect Ratio = 4.8 / Monitors 3 Screens / Fullscreen = Checked (You need to have Fullscreen checked or the screen will be cutoff on the left and right)

Screenshot Link:

https://skydrive.live.com/?cid=64bb5f43635ad022&id=64BB5F43635AD022%21203&Bsrc=Share&Bpub=SDX.SkyDrive&sc=Photos

Try this. I even use 5760 x 1200. Make sure, that your 3 monitors cover one single desktop. I am not sure whether Eyefinity is active on my computer. I simply aranged all 3 monitors to one single desktop in the CCC. Do not forget to uncheck 'full screen' in the A10 Warthog or DCS World options dialog. Then it should work.

Regards

Mike

Mike,

Thanks for your reply. I tried your 3Cameras.lua changes on Options B and D with no joy. Same cockpit screenshot as before. Were you able to check to see if your running Eyefinity? If so, what is you "Current Desktop Resolution" and "Maximum Resolution" under AMD Eyefinity Multi-Display / Customize Eyefinity Desktop Resolution.

Thanks for your help again.

Chris

• ED Team

I use 3 screens in portrait 2900 x 1440 but I dont use eyefinity as I like to be able to snap different tasks to each screen.

I use softTH which allows me to adjust for the bezel's and use fullscreen.

shot from my W.I.P generic pit

080812b.JPG

Monitor .lua and softTH config

my monitor .LUA

_  = function(p) return p; end;
name = _('1 CAM temp X3');
Description = 'One monitor configuration'
Viewports =
{
    Center =
    {
         x = 0;
         y = 0;
         width = 2900;
         height = 1440;
         viewDx = 0;
         viewDy = 0;
         2.0138888888889;
    }
}

GUI =
{
x = 1000;
y = 0;
width = 900;
height = 700;
}

UIMainView = GUI

and my SoftTH CONFIG

[main]
renderResolution=2900x1440
nonlocalFormat=RGB16D
keepComposition=1
smoothing=1
debugD3D=0
zClear=0
vsync=0
tripleBuffer=0
screenshotFormat=jpg
dllPathD3D9=auto
dllPathDXGI=auto
dllPathD3D11=auto

[overrides]
forceResolution=0
antialiasing=0
processAffinity=1
FOVForceHorizontal=0
FOVForceVertical=0

[debug]
compatibleIB=0
compatibleTex=0
compatibleVB=0
enableVBQuirk=1

[head_primary]
; borderA=0
; borderL=100
sourceRect=1000,0,900,1440
screenMode=900x1440

[head_1]
; borderA=0
; borderL=0
devID=1
sourceRect=0,0,900,1440
destRect=0,0,900,1440
transportResolution=900x1440
transportMethod=local
noSync=0
fpsLimit=0

[head_2]
; borderA=0
; borderL=100
devID=2
sourceRect=2000,0,900,1440
destRect=0,0,900,1440
transportResolution=900x1440
transportMethod=local
noSync=0
fpsLimit=0

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

Hi Chris,

I just tried to find out how Eyefinity works. It seems to be a nightmare. So obviously, I do not use Eyefinity in my environment. The only service I use is done in' CCC Desktop management', displayed in the CCC image below. It was a hard work to get my normal arrangement back after experimenting with Ifinity. I arranged 3 of my monitors in a row and a forth in the mid below. Whereby the forth monitor is connected to an additional NVIDIA graphics adapter. It was not possible for me to find any combination with Eyefinity which would fulfill my requirements. The Desktop is defined as 5760x1200 and the main monitor is the most left of the three. The usable desktop spans over all four monitors. The only additional definitions in DCSW was, to modify the 3Cameras.lua for the edge blending. The entry of 'viewDx = -1.09' and 'viewDx = 1.09' compensates the monitor frame. The value I use (f 1.09) must be calculated individually for your type of monitor. Measure the overall width of a monitor including the frame and then the width of your visible image area. Divide 'Monitor frame width' by 'visible image width' and you get your individual edge blending value. As you can see in the 'options' image, the 'full screen' is not checked. The resolution and aspect ratio needs probably to be set manually to the values. The third image shows the result. The performance of the graphics is at the limits. If I have a scenery with twilight illumination and a lot of objects, the frame rate drops below 10 frames. The maximum I had was 30 frames in an airborn situation at high altitude.

My Hardware is:

3 x LG Flatron W2452TX 1920 x 1200

1 x LG Flatron E2441 1920 x 1080

ATI FX black edition dual GPU

CPU i7 980

12 Gb main memory

Regards,

Mike

CCC.jpg.2ddef98acf342bac76fc5c7d678b785d.jpg

DCSW.jpg.c1addcdbf4d7690d6a83594d70bee1cb.jpg

cockpit.thumb.jpg.43d609892d4e8fc6513a1f56ac2ffe63.jpg

Edited by towsim

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

First off for you guys having issues. Does eyefinity work correctly as your desktop? Secondly you HAVE to have the Fullscreen checked ON for eyefinity to work correctly in the sim.

AMD Ryzen 9 3900x, 64GB DDR 4, MSI Ventus 2070 Super, Samsung 970 M.2 NVMe, WD Blue 512GB SSD, TM Warthog, CH Pro Pedals, Acer AH101 WMR

when i get home from work tonite I'll post My GFX Screen settings, and the LUA Adjustment I made for the UI to stay on the center screen.

and if my camera battery is charged, a video

This is the LAU Adjustment I made to Get the UI to stay on the Center screen (including subtitles)

http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=84270

Edited by SkateZilla

Windows 10 Pro, Ryzen 2700X @ 4.6Ghz, 32GB DDR4-3200 GSkill (F4-3200C16D-16GTZR x2),

Hi Chris,

I just tried to find out how Eyefinity works. It seems to be a nightmare. So obviously, I do not use Eyefinity in my environment. The only service I use is done in' CCC Desktop management', displayed in the CCC image below. It was a hard work to get my normal arrangement back after experimenting with Ifinity. I arranged 3 of my monitors in a row and a forth in the mid below. Whereby the forth monitor is connected to an additional NVIDIA graphics adapter. It was not possible for me to find any combination with Eyefinity which would fulfill my requirements. The Desktop is defined as 5760x1200 and the main monitor is the most left of the three. The usable desktop spans over all four monitors. The only additional definitions in DCSW was, to modify the 3Cameras.lua for the edge blending. The entry of 'viewDx = -1.09' and 'viewDx = 1.09' compensates the monitor frame. The value I use (f 1.09) must be calculated individually for your type of monitor. Measure the overall width of a monitor including the frame and then the width of your visible image area. Divide 'Monitor frame width' by 'visible image width' and you get your individual edge blending value. As you can see in the 'options' image, the 'full screen' is not checked. The resolution and aspect ratio needs probably to be set manually to the values. The third image shows the result. The performance of the graphics is at the limits. If I have a scenery with twilight illumination and a lot of objects, the frame rate drops below 10 frames. The maximum I had was 30 frames in an airborn situation at high altitude.

My Hardware is:

3 x LG Flatron W2452TX 1920 x 1200

1 x LG Flatron E2441 1920 x 1080

ATI FX black edition dual GPU

CPU i7 980

12 Gb main memory

Regards,

Mike

WOW Towsim !!! the only thing i have equal to you is the wireless telephone ( i think siemens ) on the right .:)

Really nice nice sim space ! how does it cost you if i can ask?

To clarify the difference between single dektop and 3 camera setup, I have made a small drawing. It explains the differences in field of view and angular distortion Which solution is finally taken depends on the individual special liking.

Single desktop

The disadvantage is , that only one flat projection plane exists. All advantages with 3 monitors are lost. You could even take one large monitor to get the same result. A 180° field of view is not possible in a natural way. This can only be produced by zooming out in the cockpit by getting a fish eye result. The second disadvantage is, no edge blending is possible, because there is no variable for it. DCS takes the three monitors internally as one large monitor. To understand edge blending, see the attached image.

The advantage of a single desktop is that the scenery is displayed more naturally. The field of view is normally limited to a natural angle. There is only a limited fish eye effect if no extreme zoom out is used. The position of the observer in front of the monitors is not bound to a fixed position. Internally you will get a better frame rate because the graphics engine calculates only one geometry for a frame. The frame rate is limited only by the entire number of pixels on the desktop.

This single desktop technology is used by the Matrox tripple head. This setup needs to have the option 'Full Screen' to be checked.

3 Cameras setup

The biggest disadvantage is, that the graphics engine has to calculate the geometry at least for some overlapping objects 3 times for a frame. Probably the entire scene is calculated 3 times. Because each monitor has a different observation angle to the scenery. The performance used is found in the CPU , calculating objects attitudes 3 times and transferring the results 3 times to the graphics adapter. The Graphics adapter itself is impacted only by the larger number of pixels compared to a single monitor setup. The position of the observer in front of the monitors is critical. The ideal position would be in the intersection of the mid axis of the monitors. The height of the eye point decides whether you see the horizon as straight line or as a bow if you are not in the ideal position. This even would imply, that the arrangement of the monitors would be 60° to each other. This is normally not possible because of the size of the monitors. So the observer's position and monitor arrangement is a compromise of available space and zoom factor. My experience is, that after a while, the eyes accept this display and take all advantage of the larger field of view.

The advantages are, that the field of view can be theoretical 360°, using 6 monitors in a circle. This is practical not possible because the diameter of the monitor circle would be about one meter only. Edge blending can be defined so that the observer really feels like looking out of a window. This setup must not have the option 'Full Screen' to be checked.

I hope, this makes the decision easier how to use 3 monitors. I personally prefer the 3 cameras setup because of the flexibility.

Regards

Mike

PS @Kite

The most money was spend to the computer , monitors, Warthog Hotas and the pedals. All others is hand made by my self, based on existing furniture and some F104 cockpit trash.

3camera.thumb.jpg.f68935e79301ae1f7e5869341669a9a2.jpg

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

^^^

Good post but need to correct you at one thing, with larger FoV you not only get more pixels with 3 monitors (viewed as 1 monitor) but also more strain on the CPU because the higher the FoV the more objects fit within the scene and that affects CPU.

No longer active in DCS...

Edge blending isnt a problem on my setup :p, its called Bezel Correction :p

also Running SDS Eyefinity, My FoV changes in most games I play by adjusting it in the Settings Menu's, or in DCS's Case, the LAU files.

So my 3x Screens, when setup physically correct, offer a nice panoramic view, that even a larger single monitor unit wouldn't be able to display.

Edited by SkateZilla

Lol, never heard this expression before but had a good laugh :lol:. I have no idea where it comes from but English is not my mother tongue.

Off topic, I know but couldn't resist.

Comes from the expression "talking till you are blue in the face."

ie: talking so much that you are not getting enough oxygen and showing the deprivation

in your face.

Commonly used this side of the pond. :thumbup:

i9 9900x at 5.1 Ghz // ASUS ROG Maximus XI Formula EK Bloc // 64Gb Corsair Vengence 3600Mhz DDR4 Ram // Gigabyte Aorus 3090 Watercooled block//Samsung SM951 M2 x4 SSD // Windows 10 64 Bit //48inch LG48 @ 3840x2160 120Hz//Asus ROG Swift PG35VQ 3440 x 14440 144Hz // TM Warthog HOTAS (Ser. No. 00836) //MFG Crosswind Pedals // TrackIR 5 //Varjo Aero

An old pilot is one who remembers when flying was dangerous and sex was safe.

• 3 months later...

Hi guys,

I can see this is an old topic, however I'm having trouble with my eyefinity setup too.

I'm running 3 monitors in eyefinity, which works fine, however it is zoomed fully forward like my head is touching the canopy! I can't manually zoom back either. This seems to be only for the SU25 and SU25T.

If I run it in "3 monitor" mode it's okay, however the frame rate drops to about 10FPS due the triple calculations (which I know is a massive burden on the system).

Am running latest DCS world and FC3. Is there any fix for this forward zoom problem?

Hi guys,

I can see this is an old topic, however I'm having trouble with my eyefinity setup too.

I'm running 3 monitors in eyefinity, which works fine, however it is zoomed fully forward like my head is touching the canopy! I can't manually zoom back either. This seems to be only for the SU25 and SU25T.

If I run it in "3 monitor" mode it's okay, however the frame rate drops to about 10FPS due the triple calculations (which I know is a massive burden on the system).

Am running latest DCS world and FC3. Is there any fix for this forward zoom problem?

with 3 monitors and 1 camera setting only thing you can do is increase default FoV. I'm at work now so can't check exactly what file and what place you need to edit... it's in Config/View folder, either SnapViewsDefault.lua, View.lua or Server.lua file.

Max you can go is about 150° but you will get very ugly stretching on sides and only way to reduce it (almost eliminate it) is use 3 Camera setting.

No longer active in DCS...

@tadswana

Have you tried the cockpit camera move back command ?

Right Ctrl, Right Shift, Numpad /

i9 9900x at 5.1 Ghz // ASUS ROG Maximus XI Formula EK Bloc // 64Gb Corsair Vengence 3600Mhz DDR4 Ram // Gigabyte Aorus 3090 Watercooled block//Samsung SM951 M2 x4 SSD // Windows 10 64 Bit //48inch LG48 @ 3840x2160 120Hz//Asus ROG Swift PG35VQ 3440 x 14440 144Hz // TM Warthog HOTAS (Ser. No. 00836) //MFG Crosswind Pedals // TrackIR 5 //Varjo Aero

An old pilot is one who remembers when flying was dangerous and sex was safe.

Hi Loz,

Many thanks for your response, for some reason that only seems to work when I have TrackIR off. If I'm using TrackIR I'm fully zoomed forward and can't do anything, maybe it over rides the manual zoom?

kukv - looks like you have a similar setup to me, would love to hear how you did the .lua file. Let me know when you get a chance.

Still a great game, first world problems I suppose!

Many thanks,

Tadswana