MOD Spécial KA For TM Cougar By KAMOV

And perhaps load the file somwhere up where I don't have to register myself for the download? :/

There's no "Overkill". There's only "open fire!" and "time to reload".

Specs: i7-980@4,2Ghz, 12GB RAM, 2x GTX480, 1x 8800GTS, X-Fi HD, Cougar, Warthog, dcs-F16-pedals

Hi PoleCat

Would you mind giving a brief description about what this is and what it is for?

A lillte detail on the MOD perhaps?

Thanks,

Out

Déscription :

Hello everyone, TM Cougar is a very good joystick, but as some have noticed it suffers some defects

quote:

Defects in the ancestor (how not to repeat past mistakes).

Despite a level of quality rarely equaled the time for the Cougar was the victim of design errors and production:

• A material unsuited to repeated stresses which caused the long game in the stick

• sometimes improved assembly that caused the breakage of parts

• a slew of (radar device cursor) difficult to use ....

• potentiometers are clogging or prematurely making the soul .....

Conscious of its responsibilities the SAV Thrustmaster proved excellent for the problems of parts

As I have pointed out, one of its default c is the clogging of mechanical potentiometers (inevitable over time) over those potentiometers are virtually untraceable (although SAV Thrustmaster is proficient) there was strong to bet that with have time to find more, so I looked into the case of Tm potentiometers Cougar and I realized that the only viable solution was to delete the contacts between the moving parts and thus replace the potentiometer with sensors Hall

With this mod I suggest you replace the potentiometers with Hall effect sensors (without contact and thus less susceptible to wear and widely used commercially)

The advantages:

-No mechanical contact, thus no wear (extended life)

-The price of a Hall effect sensor (5-8 € uro)

Retro-total compatibility (if one day you want to reset your mechanical potentiometers)

With this MOD, I do not propose to rejuvenate your TM Cougar, but rather an upgrade that will let you keep a little longer without having to regularly replace mechanical potentiometers

And perhaps load the file somwhere up where I don't have to register myself for the download? :/
just wait 20 seconds to Download

La Plume est plus forte que l epee

[sIGPIC][sIGPIC]785371NewBan127Thinvisible4.png

[/sIGPIC]

Amateurs de voilures tournantes,les inscriptions sont ouvertes

BS 2/MI-8/MIG 21 DOC en Français =>

Dispo ICI

DCS WORLD Mes contributions =>

Cliquer LA

just wait 20 seconds to Download

Nope, would have to register prior... but thanks for the description, so I don't need this (:

There's no "Overkill". There's only "open fire!" and "time to reload".

Specs: i7-980@4,2Ghz, 12GB RAM, 2x GTX480, 1x 8800GTS, X-Fi HD, Cougar, Warthog, dcs-F16-pedals

Hi Alls

the MOD

Hello to all, the Cougar TM is a very good Joystick, but as some have noticed him he suffers some defects

Citation:

The defects of the ancestor (how not to repeat the mistakes of the past).

Despite a level of quality rarely matched the time the Cougar was victim of errors of design and production:

• Evil material adapted to the repeated stress which resulted over time in the stick game

• Sometimes perfectible Assembly which provoked case parts

• A system of slew (cursor radar device) difficult to exploitable….

• Potentiometers to squirt or making the soul prematurely......

Aware of its responsibilities the Thrustmaster SAV was excellent for the problems of parts

As I l have pointed out, one of its default is (inevitable with time) mechanical potentiometers fouling more these potentiometers are almost not found (even if the Thrustmaster SAV is competent) he is to strong a bet qu with time have will be more, I am therefore reviewed the case of the Tm Cougar potentiometers and I noticed that the only viable solution was to delete contacts between parts moving and therefore replace the potentiometer by Hall effect sensors

With this MOD I propose to replace these potentiometers Hall effect sensor (without contact, and therefore less sensitive to wear and widespread in trade)

Benefits:

-Not of contact mechanics, therefore not extended (long life) wear d

-The price of a Hall effect sensor (5-8 € )

-Retro compatibility total (if one day you want to restore your mechanical potentiometers)

With this MOD, I do not propose to rejuvenate your TM Cougar, but rather a modernization that will allow you to keep a little longer without having to regularly replace mechanical potentiometers

(A) Supplies

To replace your mechanical potentiometers by Hall Effect sensors need you:

2 - Hall effect sensor:Ref SS495A1 ( have chosen these sensors, but there are other brands)

4-Magnets (dimensions: 12 x 7 x 5)

1- Baguette of protection (for support of the sensors)

(B) Essential equipment

1 -Pistol with a glue stick glue

1 -Soldering (40W) with iron a little wire

1-Phillips screwdriver

1 -6 Key (flat or tube)

1 -Pot of glue cyanolite (preferably Loctite super glue 3)

1 -Small saw or a large cutter (for cutting the supports)

© in the first place he must open the beast -(PC off)

(1) Disconnect the TM cougar of the computer (USB port) then remove the base of the joystick handle

(2) return the basement of the cougar and devise the 4 screws under the lid (to keep carefully)

(3) Now we remove the printed circuit plate. Remove 4 Phillips screws; don't forget to unscrew the 4 screws of fixations of the external ports of the cougar with a key of 6 (on making rudder and making TQS). Then raise the plate gently (there must be no resistance, if not c is that you forgot a screw)

(4) Gently unplug the catch of the potentiometer of the Axes X and Y on the printed circuit board

(5) Remove potentiometers unscrewing the screws of the media and by gently dragging back, recover the 4 screws of fixations (not force)

(D) First operation

(1) Take 2 magnets and verify which attract each other

(2) Of the first (a little delicate operation) Attention cyanolite fingers (or even more attached Pictures)

689181CapteurAim1.jpg

(3) Paste the second magnet on the opposite corner of the Gimbal X (while ensuring qu they at the same height and always drawn either in the same magnetic direction on this schematic)

150036CougarHallKAMOV2.jpg

(4) Repeat this operation for the other 2 magnets on the Gimbal Y

(E) 2nd operation,installation of sensors (delicate operation)

(1) take the old potentiometers and cut the wires close to raz, expose 3 wire tip, then must be solder the wires to the hall effect sensor within the meaning of the attached wiring for each sensor

150642Hall2eng.jpg

For good do I you Council of welding wire first orange

(2) once sensors welded, you must make the supports for cella we will use a piece of protection rod, qu it will cut about 2 centimeters in the meaning of the width and 1.5 centimeter in the meaning of the length for each medium, when c is done, position your sensor in support, and paste the with the glue gun, in the final it should look like has it:

827696CapteurHall1.jpg

is not very aesthetic, but the important is whether functional

(3) In the cougar, try positioning sensors in two magnets and attach them in tightening the screws on the support (see above attached Pictures)

661802posecapteurhallcougar.jpg

(4) plug catch sensors X & Y on the printed circuit board

(5) rest gently the printed circuit board by attention to the cables, re - cover the 4 screws on the printed circuit board (Attention on some versions there is a cable of mass) and the 4 screws of fixations of the external ports always with the 6 key

(6) Rest and close the lid with the screws (4)

(7) Provide on the basis of the joystick handle

(F) Connection and final calibration (PC off)

(1) Connect the taking of the throttle on the cougar and the taking of the rudder (if equipped)

(2) Re - connect taking USB of your cougar on a USB of your PC, then you can turn on your PC

(3) So that everything works correctly, it is essential to re-doing a calibration of the cougar, this TM should launch the Hotas Cougar control Panel, and then go to "Startup & Calibration" click on the Manual Calibration button and follow the instructions, remain you more qu to name and save the calibration file and is good

Thank to NN APACHE for his precious advice

• Like 1

La Plume est plus forte que l epee

[sIGPIC][sIGPIC]785371NewBan127Thinvisible4.png

[/sIGPIC]

Amateurs de voilures tournantes,les inscriptions sont ouvertes

BS 2/MI-8/MIG 21 DOC en Français =>

Dispo ICI

DCS WORLD Mes contributions =>

Cliquer LA

Thanks for posting this and remembering me how easy it is to equip a Cougar wit hall sensors.

I bought some time a go a Broken X52 to use some of the parts of it for other projects.

And yesterday I had a look ... and the hall sensors are still intact I will try to use them inside of my Dual MSFFB/Cougar mod and attach them to the gimbals of a MSFFB to higher the precision.

>>>http://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=1428398&postcount=50

Edited by PeterP

• 1 year later...