WIP DCS A-10C and Teamspeak 3 Integration

Almost nothing can be done without logs or repro instructions unfortunately. However, let's be clear. Is TS3 crashing by:

1) Locking up; it seems to not respond, and you have to force close it and then restart

OR

2) Crashing with the "quit unexpectedly" message, and you get prompted to send the error report, blah blah blah.

The distinction between 1 and 2 is a big one. My money, after spending about an hour buried in assembly code, is on #1. Am I right?

Edited by Headspace

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

#1 for all of the guys in our squadron who had issues.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Asus ROG STRIX Z390-F Gaming, Intel Core i7 9700k , 32gb Corsair DDR4-3200

Asus RTX 2070 super, Samsung 970 EVO Plus M2, Win10 64bit, Acer XZ321QU (WQHD)

TM HOTAS Warthog, SAITEK Rudder Pedals, TIR 5

#1 for us as well.

The other issue is that sometimes it doesn't crash but stops working properly after some time (people w/o TARS can talk to people who has it; or 4 people on the same frequency and only 2 hear you, etc)

Edited by Disablez

Sent my logs for today. 8 Clients in server and almost but not all had sporadic crashes. Most couldn't tell when they were crashing and the hang would take sometimes upwards of ten minutes to actually crash out. Let me know if you need any other logs, I can have them available.

As for your question above option 1 is the case as far as what happened to me.

Thanks guys.

I've identified what could be causing the hangup issue (no guarantee until it's tested more extensively), fixed the issue with the joystick unplug = crash problem, and 7.1 surround sound should work as well. I'll keep updating until these issues are fixed.

The updated TARS (now at version 1.0.1.15) is on the site.

• Like 1

Still problems on our side. According to the attached logs, TARS seems to take the frequencies wrong by .001-.003 on AM and FM. UHF seems to always work propperly.

TARS-Logs.rar

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Here you get some logs... maybe useful maybe not. I had the radio buttons on throttle assigned to freqs, in this particular case it didn't work well, i was stuck on transmitting on UHF, others had same problem. I tried on another game session with my old beloved Ctrl-1, 2 , 3... second session worked ok, third again I was stuck on UHF.

If you want us to try something specific we're at your disposal.

tars-logs.zip

No, as far as we noticed, no TS crashes.

Are the tracks important? I mean we were not even leaving the ground as we were just testing TARS.

But I'll upload them if you need them.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Were you using the buttons as switches or push-to-talk buttons?

Switches, in the Ctrl-1 case they're not assigned to anything else in other program, in the case of radio button they're just assigned to the radio menues as well. For Push-to-talk I use the Joystick paddle.

• Like 1

OK, so you don't need them. To avoid problems caused by freq.-changes, we tested with the default set ones.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

If your logs are indicating fractionally different radio frequencies, don't worry about that necessarily. Floating point math being what it is, if it's within the sensitivity range (in this case 0.025Mhz for the three ARCs in the A-10) you will be fine. So, if you are having issues, something else is causing it.

As UHF always works while FM/AM does only rarely, I considered it beeing a key-press problem.

Actually I use LALT+1/2/3. These keystrokes are mapped to my TARGET-Profile. Some told me they can hear me, while I couldn't hear them. As this couldn't have been the case due to the frequency-differences (they shouldn't have heard me either then), I thought the keys, activating the radios, could be the problem for some.

Is UHF active by default??

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

If you use only one button to transmit, then UHF will be active by default. If you key another radio, that will then cause the default mic button in Teamspeak to transmit on that radio. It will not happen instantly--you will need to key it for a minimum of 10ms, 20 to be safe.

My current setup is to use the LALT+1/2/3-keys for switching only, and then using my standard PTT-button to talk.

So trying to press the selection-keys for a longer while may make it work?

I'll (we'll) give it a shot!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Nah, pressing longer doesn't work for me. Some game sessions it will work, others it won't.

I also noticed that when setting freq keys in the control panel I couldn't, for example assign AM to radio-button-fwd, it didn't take it no matter how many times or how long I pressed it until I assigned it to some other key, then tried assigning to the desired button and it took it ok. Some directinput code gone wrong ?

... perhaps would it be possible to have some type of feedback/debug ingame whenever we change emitting freq/band ?