View slowly zooms out...

Lixma 06

Beta-3

Everytime I start a mission my view/FOV slowly zooms out to what I assume is the limit. I cannot do anything to stop it while it's happening (takes about 4 seconds) but once it's stopped moving I can hit Reset View and it will switch me to my favoured FOV. After that it's fine, until next mission.

Anyone else?

Do you have a HOTAS setup with the view setting assigned to a digital range axis ?

I had the same problem, and that was because my HOTAS cougar was spiking as hell.

Win10-X64, I5,-8600K oc-4,8Ghz, 16GB DDR4, MSI RTX 2080ti, HOTAS Warthog, MFG crosswind pedals, KW-908 Jetseat , HTC Vive with lens mod.

Same here. But if i hit either the zoom in or zoom out keys( '/' , '*') it stop. Quite annoying.

AMD Athlon II X2 240 2.8@3360 MHz | MB Asus M4A78-EM | 4GB DDR2-800 Kingston | XFX HD 5770 @850-900/1200-1300 | 500G Samsung HD502HI | Case CM 335 | CM-EPP 460W | Windows 7 Ultimate (64bit) | Saitek X65F | Freetrack(Wii Remote) | LG 23' W2353V

Do you have a HOTAS setup with the view setting assigned to a digital range axis ?

I had the same problem, and that was because my HOTAS cougar was spiking as hell.

An axis conflict was the first thing I thought of but then I don't actually have any axis controlling the views. My controls setup is identical to Beta-2.

Mine has been doing the same as well. I also had a midflight thing where it started to pause/lockup then superzoom on it's own. Every time I tried to reset the zoom instead it zoomed in even more and more. Went on like this for 30 seconds or so of pauses/zooms till I got a "DCS has caused and error" popup window from Windows. But as I was reaching to close the error, it went away and the game client was fine after that. Very odd and annoying and new.

Beta-3

Everytime I start a mission my view/FOV slowly zooms out to what I assume is the limit. I cannot do anything to stop it while it's happening (takes about 4 seconds) but once it's stopped moving I can hit Reset View and it will switch me to my favoured FOV. After that it's fine, until next mission.

Anyone else?

Same here. :joystick:

Weird. :huh:

He Who Will Not Risk Cannot Win

Thanks for the info Alex...

Mine only zooms out a very small amount & is no issue. Presently using single monitor at 1680x1050.

i5-3570K @ 4.5 Ghz, Asus P8Z77-V, 8 GB DDR3, 1.5GB GTX 480 (EVGA, superclocked), SSD, 2 x 1680x1050, x-fi extreme music.

TM Warthog, Saitek combat pro pedals, TrackIR 4

feature

for wide screens to match the same view coverage as default view on 1280x1024 monitor

( i assume that you never play with triplehead setup in 1 screen mode ( each mission start as inside of tank )

will be tuned and optional

Alex, is there a difference between adjusting the FOV in the SnapViewsDefault.lua file and pressing the Num / key to zoom out? The reason I ask is that if I adjust the SnapViewsDefault.lua file to get the FOV I want, then looking around the cockpit with TrackIR works fine. If I start with the default view and zoom out (similar to what this new zoom out feature is doing) then look around, the cockpit gets this kind of warped effect almost as if my head is still pivoting around the original point it started before the zoom.

In the next DCS title, it would be nice to have an option in the video settings where it displays a picture of the cockpit with an adjustable field of view slider. It would know based on your resolution if you had a 4:3 or 16:9 screen and give you instant feedback as to what your view will look like.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

More than making it optional, its behavior should be altered - when using a FOV axis, the current behavior does not make sense. It will zoom out a few seconds after start, but moving the FOV axis a little will reset it to where it should have been before the zoom out.

• 6 years later...
feature

for wide screens to match the same view coverage as default view on 1280x1024 monitor

( i assume that you never play with triplehead setup in 1 screen mode ( each mission start as inside of tank )

will be tuned and optional

7 years later.....:noexpression: