A-10C / Nvidia Vision 3D - Page 5 - ED Forums

Notices

Old 10-26-2010, 09:30 PM   #41
Kiezer

So I turned off HDR and TSSAA aswell as MSAA to see if that made a difference. well it didn't as far as I can see the only thing that the 3D does is make it look as if you have the sun visor down as everything is a bit darker
Kiezer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2010, 09:42 PM   #42
Kiezer

Just tryed some thing!!!!!! I dont know if this kinda counts as positive...but I just remembered that I still had BS installed. so i booted it up and tryed out the 3D.

now heres the interesting part. Nvidia rated it as "unknown" while it rates A-10 as "BlackShark".

Now the results for BS were amazing. Considering that i was expecting there to be nothing just like A-10, i was blowen away!

Now if BS is this good in Nvidia s3D why isnt A-10. My only guess is that it is because its still in beta. Anyway. convergance was working on BS and everything looked truly fantastic. gona playaround a bit more. catchas!!!!!!
Old 10-26-2010, 10:45 PM   #43
distant

Welcome to the world of S-3D. Blackshark truly is beautiful in S-3D. Let's hope that ED won't patch it to the A10C compatibility, then likely all that beauty will be gone as well.
distant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2010, 11:11 PM   #44
Teknetinium

what machines are you using ?
Teknetinium is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2010, 11:41 PM   #45
distant

i7 920 oc' @4.2GHz, dual SLI GTX285 + Win7 64 + Samsung DLP 61in => Blackshark in S-3D at 1900x1080 is 60- ~100FPS.
Old 10-27-2010, 12:08 AM   #46
distant

@Kiezer: Did you run the A10C in Full Screen or Windowed mode?

I know you run BS in fullscreen, that's the only mode that works in S3D. But just in case.
Just a side note, there are people reported BS 1.0.2 patch ruin the S-3D compatibility with 3DVision but my BS 1.0.2 still works fine with S-3D.
Old 10-27-2010, 08:04 AM   #47
average_pilot

intel Q6600 - nvidia 8800GTX - win7 32 and Zalman 3D display. A bit short. FPS falls down when large cities or high polygon AI models are on the screen. I thing I should have a second look at frazer's tweak guide to see if I can resolve that problem with large cities. It's very annoying.

Kiezer, try LCtrl+F11 view. I specially like to place the camera at the tip of a rotor blade (with engines off) and see how it pop outs off the screen. It's like I could reach for it with my hand, but there is nothing but air... so frustrating
BTW, ctrl+f11 is a 3d vision hot key, so 3d must be disabled with ctrl+t first and re-enabled after switching to ctrl+f11 view. I don't remember if ctrl+t does anything in the sim. These keyboard conflicts can be a little of a trouble : /

Last edited by average_pilot; 10-27-2010 at 08:07 AM.
average_pilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2010, 10:18 PM   #48
Kiezer

distant- i am pretty sure i am running in full screen

average- will do, been trying to figure out how to get A-10 to work in s3D, i even tryed running both BS and A-10 then switching but that just made evrything go kaputte.
Old 11-14-2010, 03:27 AM   #49
Rodney1111

Default I got A10C to work in S3D

I bought the A10C beta today and was really disappointed to find that it did not work with Nvidia stereoscopic 3D, unlike Black Shark which looks amazingly good in S3D. I searched this forum for an answer and found this thread which didn't help, except to confirm others had the same experience as me, i.e. no 3D just slightly darker screen. Eventually I found the solution and thought I should post it back in this thread, so here it is:

First let me say this problem has nothing to do with ED at all (although it wouldn't hurt for them to get on the phone to Nvidia to bitch about lack of support for the A10C beta in their latest driver release).

Second let me state that you should not change your registry settings unless you know exactly what you are doing. WARNING! you can realy stuff up you computer if you muck about with registry settings not knowing what you are doing. Now that disclaimer is out the way, to get the A10C beta fully working with Nvidia's stereoscopic driver version 260.99:

1) Run Regedit (if you don't know what this is don't touch it, just wait for Nvidia to release an updated driver).

2) Go to the address HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\NVIDIA Corporation\Global\Stereo3D\GameConfigs\dcs

Make the data at above address look like this:

(Default) REG_SZ (value not set)
Link1 REG_SZ Launcher.exe
StereoDX9 REG_DWORD 0x00000001 (1)
StereoMemoEnabled REG_DWORD 0x00000001 (0)
StereoTextureEnable REG_DWORD 0x00000001 (1)

Make sure that when you are running the A-10 beta you have checked "window mode off", the default is to start with it on at least on mine.

If you do this everything should work now.

The above is what my registry settings look like and the A10C beta now runs brilliantly, as good as black shark, in stereoscopic 3D, on my computer (9800GTX and ancient 21" CRT at 1024*768 @ 100 Hz. No flicker at all and minimal if any shadow. I would rate A10C beta S3D compatability as excellent, apart from the missing driver data issue).

Note I am not sure if the StereoDX9 and StereoTextureEnable registry keys are necessary (but I'm not about to remove them to find out for you - I added them myself but they didn't do anything). It wasn't until I added the
"Link1 REG_SZ Launcher.exe"
bit that everything worked. I suspect this is the only bit you need to add.

Note that if you don't already have a dcs "key" (i.e. address in reg edit) as per above you can create it by doing ctrl F7 for save 3D settings when running A10C beta. Note that you add the StereoTextureEnable and StereoDX9 values by chossing "New->DWORD" while you add the critical
"Link1 REG_SZ Launcher.exe" bit by choosing "New -> Expandable String Value" (at least I think that was what I did not sure about that last one).

Good luck and don't do this unless (unlike me) you know what you are doing.
Rodney1111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2010, 04:37 AM   #50
distant

Sensational news. Really appreciate the sharing of this good news m8.

But now I'm kinda cool down with the whole beta preorder business, partly because of Motostorm Pacific Rift on PS3 (what an addicted fun game and the level designs work so fantastically in S-3D)+ Grand Turismo 5 is coming out in couple weeks that will likely keep me happy in 3D world for a while. When those wear out a little I might ...

Last edited by distant; 11-14-2010 at 05:04 AM.