DCS Korea Theater

muehlema

Hi

Now that the F-16C is coming, it would make sense to get the Korea Map built. ;)

X-Plane 11.5x / DCS 2.5.6 / P3Dv5 / Aerofly FS 2 / War Thunder

Win10-x64 | ASUS Z390 Maximus VI | Intel i7-9700K @3.6GHz | Corsair Vengeance LPX 32 GB DDR4 | 6TB SSD Samsung 850 Pro | 2TB M2 PCI 4x | ASUS GTX 1080 ROG STRIX 8GB DDR5X | TM Hotas Warthog | Saitek Combat Pedals | Oculus Rift S

Only if ATC speaks texican...

Not unless if you live around Austin... ;):lol:

MSI MAG Z790 Carbon, i9-13900k, NH-D15 cooler, 64 GB CL40 6000mhz RAM, MSI RTX4090, Yamaha 5.1 A/V Receiver, 4x 2TB Samsung 980 Pro NVMe, 1x 2TB Samsung 870 EVO SSD, Win 11 Pro, TM Warthog, Virpil WarBRD, MFG Crosswinds, 43" Samsung 4K TV, 21.5 Acer VT touchscreen, TrackIR, Varjo Aero, Wheel Stand Pro Super Warthog, Phanteks Enthoo Pro2 Full Tower Case, Seasonic GX-1200 ATX3 PSU, PointCTRL, Buttkicker 2, K-51 Helicopter Collective Control

Hi

Now that the F-16C is coming, it would make sense to get the Korea Map built. ;)

would have made even more sense to create one for 1950s since F86 and Mig15 are in dcs for a while.

• Like 2

Build:

Windows 10 64 bit Pro

Case/Tower: Corsair Graphite 760tm ,Asus Strix Z790 Motherboard, Intel Core i7 12700k ,Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 64gb ram (3600 mhz) , (Asus strix oc edition) Nvidia RTX 3080 12gb , Evga g2 850 watt psu, Hardrives ; Samsung 970 EVo, , Samsung evo 860 pro 1 TB SSD, Samsung evo 850 pro 1TB SSD,  WD 1TB HDD

Well supposedly there is a surprise map somewhere in the plan, so who knows, maybe its Korea.

New hotness: I7 9700k 4.8ghz, 32gb ddr4, 2080ti, :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, HP Reverb (formermly CV1)

Old-N-busted: i7 4720HQ ~3.5GHZ, +32GB DDR3 + Nvidia GTX980m (4GB VRAM) :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, Rift CV1 (yes really).

You could easily do Naval air in a Korea theatre.

Who knows, maybe the tornado too.

• Like 1

New hotness: I7 9700k 4.8ghz, 32gb ddr4, 2080ti, :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, HP Reverb (formermly CV1)

Old-N-busted: i7 4720HQ ~3.5GHZ, +32GB DDR3 + Nvidia GTX980m (4GB VRAM) :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, Rift CV1 (yes really).

Its not like letting a CVBG into the black sea is even vaguely realistic. But its DCS and we don't have many choices. You could use a good majority of the aircraft on a korea map and it would be pretty legit

Solid yup (depending on time period)

Korean war:

F86

P51

Mig15

F4U (when its out)

More modern:

F5E

Mig21

UH1

Mi8

F18

F14

Av8

F15

Mig29

A10A

A10C

Mig19

F16 (when its out)

Last time I was in Suwon, I saw F5's making runs in the direction of the DMZ. That was pretty fun to watch.

Its not like letting a CVBG into the black sea is even vaguely realistic. But its DCS and we don't have many choices. You could use a good majority of the aircraft on a korea map and it would be pretty legit

Solid yup (depending on time period)

Korean war:

F86

P51

Mig15

F4U (when its out)

More modern:

F5E

Mig21

UH1

Mi8

F18

F14

Av8

F15

Mig29

A10A

A10C

Mig19

F16 (when its out)

Last time I was in Suwon, I saw F5's making runs in the direction of the DMZ. That was pretty fun to watch.

So I'm guessing you want two Korean Theatres

Well...

Sure having a modern Korea map with a dynamic campaign too would be pretty fine, especially with the future release of the Viper... but getting a Balkans one in addition wouldn't also be bad though.

My one cent, of course.

With best regards.

• 1 month later...

It's interesting that when all of us old sim nerds think of the F16, we think that Korea is the natural playground for that plane after F3 and F4 :)

Having said that - I am all in for a Korea Map, especially with the arguments here that it covers many of the planes we already have in the module basket...

Edited by mazex

Ryzen 7800X3D | Gigabyte X670 Aorus Elite AX MB | 32GB 6000Mhz DDR5 | RTX 3080 GPU | Sound BlasterX AE-5 | Windows 11 Pro x64 | Virpil T-50 Throttle | T50 CM2 Grip + WarBRD | VKB T-rudder MK IV | Asus PG279Q 1440p | Valve Index VR | Samsung 980 Pro as system disk and DCS on separate Intel 665P NVME SSD

So I'm guessing you want two Korean Theatres

Hmm, actually, that would be a good idea.

Most of such a map would be the same: the terrain textures and terrain geometry would be the same or at least very close to the same. The big differences would be the airfields size and layout, and the size of towns and cities would be obviously vastly different. Yes, it would be more work, but maybe still doable?

But... is it not unreasonable to ask the developers to pick say two eras? I mean, where when us virtual pilots want to fly Korea, we choose on a menu:

or

and

Ok maybe three eras!

Keep in mind, much of the airfield assets for a Korean War era are already done for the 1944 WW2 Normandy map, so maybe it's just a matter of placing those assets.

But either way, I TOTALLY support the addition of a Korea map.

I would be surprised if Korea was not an instant buy for most of us here even if it was a generic 2019 environment. Especially with the upcoming F-16...

When we have enough candidates here in the wishlist forum it would be interesting with a poll. It would surprise me a lot if Korea was not on the top 1 or 2 on that list. And Afganistan is already in production but I have a hard time seeing that beating Korea.

Ryzen 7800X3D | Gigabyte X670 Aorus Elite AX MB | 32GB 6000Mhz DDR5 | RTX 3080 GPU | Sound BlasterX AE-5 | Windows 11 Pro x64 | Virpil T-50 Throttle | T50 CM2 Grip + WarBRD | VKB T-rudder MK IV | Asus PG279Q 1440p | Valve Index VR | Samsung 980 Pro as system disk and DCS on separate Intel 665P NVME SSD

The reason I suggest three different eras of the same region, is so that in the modern one it matches our Hornets and Harriers (and Vipers whenever it shows up), in the Korean War the very different look would be correct for early Migs and Sabres... and the early 80's so that we can make use of the A-4 skyhawks, F-5 Tigers, Mig-19's, Tomcats and other jets in the pipeline!

Well Korea is technically at WAR since 1952 to date with only a cese fire in effect.....

So I love the idea of making two , or even three eras. Then again if only two it should be 1952-59 and 1980/90´s. I believe bases haven changed much since then.

In any case Korea is grate for historical and "What if´s"., and even combined exercises, maneuvers, peace time skirmishes or intercepts...

Again considering the Chinese asset pack in development, its a plus for the theater.

So its a very, very versatile map, it has mountains, lots of water, plains, its good for any and all modules in DCS..

I really do not understand how this was not made yet, nor even planned...

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

As there is a sale coming up today I plan to get the Mig-15 that seems well liked but lacks content and a playground... Then the fact that we do not have a Korea map really popped up on me again... It really would make so much sense.

* You can fly virtually all our planes on that map - and it would make sense from a historical perspective.

* There are no issues with real world politics. Come on - any North Korean supporters here that would be offended by them painted as the bad guys? Raise your hands please? Not?

* We get the F16 now. For sim historical reasons we NEED the Korea map for that one - right? ;)

• 2 months later...

Korea is one of my most wanted in my Fav list. We should have the map for Sabre and Mig-15. Those modules are forgotten. We find really small quantities of server with a Korean war simulation.

Almost all the 3rd parties are western countries and all them are focused in modern warfare. As the Fighter Collection Group do not show interest in improve Redfor modules or make new one, this situation create poor motivation for programmers and new developers investment from Eastern countries in this simulator with increasing Pro-western preference in general. The Eastern programmers/developers don't trust in the way this simulator is taken.

• Like 1

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Mig15 and F86 BEG for a Korean theater!! Anywhere else makes no sense for them..

• Like 1

Asus Z790-PLUS D4, Corsair 1000X PS / Intel i9-13900KF @5.8Gz - Corsair H150i Liquid CPU cooler, 64GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4 @3192mhz / 2TB M.2 NvMe Boot Drive (DCS World Beta installed here), 1TB M.2 Data drive, 1TB WD SATA drive, Zotac Gaming GeForce RTX 4090 Trinity 24GB - Nvidia 551.76 driver / 3 Samsung LC32G53TQWUXEN 32" 7680x1440 at 144Hz  / Win11 Pro Ver.  23H2 - Build 22631.3374 TIR 5, TM Warthog HOTAS\VirPil stick base, MFG V3 Crosswind Pedals, TM MFDs  on 2 8" Lilliputs/ Simgears ICP / Varjo Aero VR