SweetFX 1.5.1: Nvidia card Compatable!

Well, I'm sure a lot of you have been looking for a WORKING 1.5.1 version of SweetFX that works with Nvidia cards. If you haven't found it yet, here it is! Big thanks to Shelt for the link to this working version, and all of the help along the way.

First what you want to do is make sure you have a fresh install of DCS: World. It is recommended that you use JSGME to do this.

Next, go to this link, and download that. (If you don't have JSGME installed, now would be the time to go download it. Here is a good tutorial on how to fully install it. It's crucial that you follow every step in the exact order or there's a chance that you may mess something up. Link: http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=98607&highlight=jsgme .

Once you've gotten that done, place the "DCS SweetFX 151" folder into your "_MODS" folding in your DCS: World directory.

Now, here's where you may have a problem: If you use the default SweetFX_settings.txt file, you may crash upon start up, because the exact same thing happened to me. It is recommended that you use my SweetFX_settings file, because mine works fine. It's literally the original settings file with the split screen disabled. The file is attached below.

Once you have that downloaded, place that in the \DCS World\_MODS\DCS SweetFX 151 folder, and replace the old one. After you've completed that, simply enable SweetFX via JSGME and launch your game!

Again, thank you to Shelt and everyone else who helped me out with my problems.

SweetFX_settings.txt

Edited by Rise Tragedy
  • Like 1

Intel i5 6600k @4.2 Ghz

NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050 Ti

8GB DDR3

Windows 10 64 bit

Samsung SyncMaster S24B300HL 24"

Saitek X52

CH Products Pro Flight Pedals

TrackIR 5 with Track Clip

Logitech G930 Wireless Gaming Headset

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It really works :). Even with my old Nvidia.

Thanks.

Не говорите что мне надо делать и я не скажу куда вам надо идти…

| Asus Z390 | Core i5 9600K | HyperX Fury 32Gb | RTX 2070 | 1TB HDD + Intel Optane memory 32Gb | Thrustmaster F-16C Viper Add-on Grip+TWCS Throttle | Dell WMR | Oculus Quest 2 |

This is awesome!!! Thanks!

Asus z170 motherboard; Intel i5-6600K OCd to 4,5GHz; Corsair 32GB DDR4 3000MHz; ASUS Cerberus 1070 Ti; Samsung 970 EVO Plus SSD; Schiit Valhalla 2 headphone amp w/ Bifrost multibit DAC and Sennheiser 650 headphones; HP Reverb; Saitek x65-F; TrackIR5

screenshots please... so many sweetfx configs out there

This is with the default settings file. No changes were made:

SweetFX1_zps35034207.png

I'll upload more screenshots with tweaked setting when I find the time to edit my settings.

EDIT: I also have a couple other mods such as Highways Villages, Foxbeards Noise and roads, rockeys trees, PeterP's HDR, Mustangs clouds, and Diveplanes shadow mod.

Edited by Rise Tragedy

Intel i5 6600k @4.2 Ghz

8GB DDR3

Windows 10 64 bit

Saitek X52

More screenshots I just took with defualt settings file:

Screen_140217_184331_zpsc8f54f2d.jpg

Screen_140217_184300_zps7e878ccf.jpg

Screen_140217_184734_zps8b4c5375.jpg

Screen_140217_184320_zps752e228b.jpg

Screen_140217_184212_zps2dcdcd43.jpg

Intel i5 6600k @4.2 Ghz

8GB DDR3

Windows 10 64 bit

Saitek X52

any fps hits

None that I can really notice. And another thing you may want to know, Ralfi. I know you use Dxtory to record your videos with and what not. When I try to run Dxtory and DCS with SweetFX activated, it will crash the game right away. So, sadly you can't run Dxtory while using Sweet FX.

For those who want to see my mods, here they are.

Untitled_zpsec1de74b.png

EDIT: If you can't read the mods, here they are:

A-10A C Audio Production Mod - diveplane

F-15C E Audio Production Mod - diveplane

IL-78M IL-76MD A-50 Audio Production Mod - diveplane

Mig 29 Audio Production Mod - diveplane

Su27 33 Audio Production Mod - diveplane

UH-1H Audio Production Mod - diveplane

Ka-50 Audio Production Mod - diveplane

GAU-8A 30mm cannon Audio Mod - diveplane

SU-25A SU-25T Audio Mod - diveplane

A-10C Worn Cockpit - RICARDO (Recommended)

MoreVisibility - Harke (Recommended - Fair amount of FPS hit, not too bad, though.)

Highwayman Ed's Villages mod - Foxbeard's Terrain Mod - Rocky's Trees

RAE_MOD - Tetra (A-10C Only)

New Cirrus and Sky - Mustang

Mustangs Clouds (Recommended)

PeterP's HDR Mod (Recommended)

diveplane's Shadow mod (Recommended)

SweetFX 1.5.1 - CeeJay.dk

Edited by Rise Tragedy

Intel i5 6600k @4.2 Ghz

8GB DDR3

Windows 10 64 bit

Saitek X52

Here's some more screenies. (; Hope you like em. I personally think this first one if the best out of all of the screenshot's I've taken.

7fB8f.jpg

7fyrh.jpg

7fOwt.jpg

7fOGL.jpg

7fOAa.jpg

7fOCo.jpg

7fOEw.jpg

Edited by Rise Tragedy

Intel i5 6600k @4.2 Ghz

8GB DDR3

Windows 10 64 bit

Saitek X52

NEW SETTINGS FILE, INCOMING!

SCREENSHOTS:

Smoke with Foxbeards new fire and smoke:

7kraT.jpg

Other Random Screenies:

7krd1.jpg

7krjM.jpg

(I am also using a New Sea Mod by Diveplane: http://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/181214/)

SweetFX_settings.txt

Intel i5 6600k @4.2 Ghz

8GB DDR3

Windows 10 64 bit

Saitek X52

Hi, I've got a question: what are the improvements of Sweetfx 1.5.1 over the old versions? I have been using PeterP's sweetfx mod, and am perfectly happy with it. I wonder if there is something appealing in the new version (1.5.1)...

Thanks.

I don't know much about 1.4 as I never got it working correctly. Once I saw something about 1.5.1 with Nvidia Card compatibility I decided to give it a shot and voila. It worked great. From what I've heard, it features some bug fixes and some extra settings. But, again, I may be wrong as I have not used version 1.4.

Intel i5 6600k @4.2 Ghz

8GB DDR3

Windows 10 64 bit

Saitek X52

I don't know much about 1.4 as I never got it working correctly. Once I saw something about 1.5.1 with Nvidia Card compatibility I decided to give it a shot and voila. It worked great. From what I've heard, it features some bug fixes and some extra settings. But, again, I may be wrong as I have not used version 1.4.

I see. Thanks for your reply!

NEW SETTINGS FILE, INCOMING!

SCREENSHOTS:

<removed>

(I am also using a New Sea Mod by Diveplane: http://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/181214/)

Hi Rise (and anyone else using it),

Just to let you know that I had a look at that sea mod and the fx file in it is out of date and you'll probably lose all the new bow wave and wake effects that came in recently. If you look at the one in the mod and the standard one with some sort of comparison tool like winmerge you can see what I mean. Makes it easy to update the new fx file to have Diveplanes settings.

If I get a spare sec I'll attach an updated prototype here sometime today

<edit> ok try this as a replacement to Diveplanes fx file. Set the wave height a bit lower than stock using his example. Also tried making it bigger but didn't have time to figure out how to change the frequency of the waves so it looks bad. Even stock is a bit too fast really. Note this is just a very quick edit so I may have made mistakes. Don't think I did but could have.

Cheers,

Stonehouse

waterEffect.zip

Edited by Stonehouse
add prototype waterEffect.fx

Hi Rise (and anyone else using it),

Just to let you know that I had a look at that sea mod and the fx file in it is out of date and you'll probably lose all the new bow wave and wake effects that came in recently. If you look at the one in the mod and the standard one with some sort of comparison tool like winmerge you can see what I mean. Makes it easy to update the new fx file to have Diveplanes settings.

If I get a spare sec I'll attach an updated prototype here sometime today

<edit> ok try this as a replacement to Diveplanes fx file. Set the wave height a bit lower than stock using his example. Also tried making it bigger but didn't have time to figure out how to change the frequency of the waves so it looks bad. Even stock is a bit too fast really. Note this is just a very quick edit so I may have made mistakes. Don't think I did but could have.

Cheers,

Stonehouse

Thank's for this, Stone. I'll give it a shot once I have the time to jump on DCS.

Intel i5 6600k @4.2 Ghz

8GB DDR3

Windows 10 64 bit

Saitek X52