Removable Air-to-Air Refuel Thingy

Eber

+100

cpu:I7-6700k Z170 16GB Ram DDR4 Gtx 1080 8Gb DDR5 11GBs SSD 500 Gb 2 HDD 1Tb Evga supernova G2 850w Case Bequiet series 800 Silent base Win 10 pro 64 bit

My wishlist: F-35/B-17G/F4U Corsair/Yak-3/P-40B Tomahawk

Errr

Did i miss something? Is this fuel probe a symbol for ... for ... for something?

No you didn't, I was just messing with you. I can't imagine the Mirage without her probe.

Is it le mirage or la mirage?

In France, we say "Le Mirage" as "Le Crusader, "Le Jaguar", "Le Super Etendard", "Le Rafale" but we say "La Gazelle". Learning French is a real pain.

3rd Wing | 55th Black Alligators * BA-33

Εις ανηρ ουδεις ανηρ

No you didn't, I was just messing with you. I can't imagine the Mirage without her probe .

without his probe :D

Joke apart, yes it's removable.

But no user who is using flight refueling takes the pain to remove it.

Mirage fanatic !

I7-7700K/ MSI RTX3080/ RAM 64 Go/ SSD / TM Hornet stick-Virpil WarBRD + Virpil CM3 Throttle + MFG Crosswind + Reverb G2.

Flickr gallery: https://www.flickr.com/gp/71068385@N02/728Hbi

No, she is. :lol:

the refuel probe = La perche de ravitaillement --> female

French touch ! :D

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Intel I7 8700K / RTX 3080 / 32Go DDR4 PC21300 G.Skill Ripjaws V / MSI Z370 Gaming Pro Carbon / Cooler Master Silent Pro Gold - 1000W / Noctua NH-D14 / Acer XB270HUDbmiprz 27" G-synch 144Hz / SSD Samsung 860EVO 250Go + 1To / Cooler Master HAF X / Warthog+VPC WarBRD / Thrustmaster TPR / Track-IR v5 + Track Clip Pro / Windows 11 64bits.

So, you have a female sticky uppy thing on a male body! And you wonder why aeroplanes are confused, never mind people!!

MSI M5 z270 | Intel i5 7600k (OC) 4.8GHz | MSI GTX1080ti Gaming X 11Gb | 500gb Samsung 970 Evo NVME M.2 (DCS World) | 500gb Samsung 850 Evo SSD (OS and Apps) | 32Gb 2400MHz DDR4 - Crucial Ballistix | Be Quiet Silent Loop 240mm | NZXT H440 case |

Thrustmaster Warthog - 47608 with Virpil Mongoose joystick base | MFG Crosswinds - 1241 | Westland Lynx collective with Bodnar X board | Pilot's seat from ZH832 Merlin | JetSeat | Oculus Rift S | Windows 10 | VA |

• 4 weeks later...

Hello guys

I just read an update in the jf-17 forum where the developper talks about the upcoming jf-17 AAR probe. It would be something the player can mount/dismount via the ground crew menu.

Can we have that feature for the M2000 too please ?

I like the look of greek M2000 without it.

TIA Razbam

We are saying in male. "Le Mirage", or "Un Mirage".

Same for the Rafale ;)

About the subject, i never saw a Mirage without it refueling probe (what ever the version), and i think that even finding a photo online without it will be hard (not impossible maybe, but rare out of Greek planes). I think Razbam really have other things to do with this 2000C than proposing this option, that is not used IRL more than for exeptional moments or testing events. Even if i can understand better for the Greek plane (that sometimes take it off).

Edited by Mav783

It is removable IRL but because it has no effect on flight performance they just leave it on

But there was a period right at the beginning of the adoption of the Mirage 2000 that they had more planes than probes so they swapped them around a bit.

Sorry I can't remember the sources.

i was wondering about that too, cause on the real plane it looks like it retracts but I've never been sure if it does or not. It is kind of a unique M2K thing though in DCS.

The probe doesn't retract in flight like a F-18 would. It has to be unbolted by maintenance crew if they want it off.

i think that even finding a photo online without it will be hard (not impossible maybe, but rare out of Greek planes)

I typed "greek Mirage 2000" in google and qwant, just scroll down a couple notch and you find them. Works with Indian, egyptian and peruvian M2000 too. I'll let you try the others :thumbup: Not really a unicorn picture.

I think Razbam really have other things to do with this 2000C than proposing this option, that is not used IRL more than for exeptional moments or testing events.

It sure is low on the to do list but it's not like it requires 3 months of 3D modelling and coding either ... Hell, I'd be fine with only 3D modelling and an invisible refueling capability when you get close to the refueling basket.

Yes, you can find some pictures without the probe.

But in the end, the probe does fit very well to Mirage 2000EG too :smartass:

231-hellenic-air-force-dassault-mirage-2000eg_PlanespottersNet_946143_f48c42ba06_o.jpg

Dame thing with Indian Mirage 2000H

1143879-large.jpg

So I think it's just about the country using air to air refueling or not.

If they do, they would rather let it on the plane.

Maybe some country weren't using AAR initially then adopted the technique.

Edited by jojo

Mirage fanatic !

I7-7700K/ MSI RTX3080/ RAM 64 Go/ SSD / TM Hornet stick-Virpil WarBRD + Virpil CM3 Throttle + MFG Crosswind + Reverb G2.

Flickr gallery: https://www.flickr.com/gp/71068385@N02/728Hbi