Eagle Dynamics @ E3 Discussion and Media

Coxy_99

• ED Team
Yes, supersonic PFM was one of showstoppers. That is why F-15C/F-5E FMs were worked on before F/A-18C FM. We needed the tech to grow and to become mature.

I imagine there has been a few challenges for the Hornet :)

But that is fun right?

64Sig.png
Forum RulesMy YouTube • My Discord - NineLine#0440• **How to Report a Bug**

1146563203_makefg(6).png.82dab0a01be3a361522f3fff75916ba4.png  80141746_makefg(1).png.6fa028f2fe35222644e87c786da1fabb.png  28661714_makefg(2).png.b3816386a8f83b0cceab6cb43ae2477e.png  389390805_makefg(3).png.bca83a238dd2aaf235ea3ce2873b55bc.png  216757889_makefg(4).png.35cb826069cdae5c1a164a94deaff377.png  1359338181_makefg(5).png.e6135dea01fa097e5d841ee5fb3c2dc5.png

• Replies 464
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ED Team
I imagine there has been a few challenges for the Hornet :)

But that is fun right?

Yes, it is a great pleasure to work on it :)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

К чему стадам дары свободы?

Их должно резать или стричь.

Наследство их из рода в роды

Ярмо с гремушками да бич.

Yes, it is a great pleasure to work on it :)

I know the hornet per say might have not taking that long but possibly the tech its needed is the bulk of the tough work.

Question, Does this underlying engine rebuild means that it will shorten the development time frame for future products? or will we only see ED push out a "complex" product every 3-5 years?

• ED Team
I know the hornet per say might have not taking that long but possibly the tech its needed is the bulk of the tough work.

Question, Does this underlying engine rebuild means that it will shorten the development time frame for future products? or will we only see ED push out a "complex" product every 3-5 years?

Well, F/A-18C is going to have 'a full pack' of complex features needed for other modern jets - AG radar, JHMCS, Link 4/16, HUD repeater, automatic landing, AA radar + long range missiles, 3 displays in the cockpit (one with different rendering method), 2 mission computers, Digital FCS, supersonic flight, arrested landings, HARM, Walleye, JDAM/JSOW, etc... So, yes new compex products will be done faster after F/A-18C.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

К чему стадам дары свободы?

Их должно резать или стричь.

Наследство их из рода в роды

Ярмо с гремушками да бич.

It's hard waiting for all of us, I know this module will be my main plane for sometime to come I think....

its hell waiting for your fav plane to drop lol but good things come to people that wait.. thank you ed an the devs for your hard work an time

Edited by Mustang904

Well, F/A-18C is going to have 'a full pack' of complex features needed for other modern jets - AG radar, JHMCS, Link 4/16, HUD repeater, automatic landing, AA radar + long range missiles, 3 displays in the cockpit (one with different rendering method), 2 mission computers, Digital FCS, supersonic flight, arrested landings, HARM, Walleye, JDAM/JSOW, etc... So, yes new compex products will be done faster after F/A-18C.

As i said, all the things needed for the F-16C :lol:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

that probably won't happen Eagle Dynamics doesn't want to put BMS out of business lol jk jk

Technically, ED was working on a F-16 before an F/A-18

Windows 10 Pro, Ryzen 2700X @ 4.6Ghz, 32GB DDR4-3200 GSkill (F4-3200C16D-16GTZR x2),

ASRock X470 Taichi Ultimate, XFX RX6800XT Merc 310 (RX-68XTALFD9)

3x ASUS VS248HP + Oculus HMD, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS + MFDs

really this is news to my ear I was told that it would never happen

By Who? Unless it came from Wags or Chizh... or another ED Team Member, it's not Official.

The F-16C was in WiP in 2008, and then placed on Hold, the 3D Model was being Replaced as well.

https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=503375&postcount=332

And

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=29986

Edited by SkateZilla

Windows 10 Pro, Ryzen 2700X @ 4.6Ghz, 32GB DDR4-3200 GSkill (F4-3200C16D-16GTZR x2),

IIRC just after the A10C went up for pre-purchase there was a great looking external of an F16 floating around.

Ryzen9 5800X3D, Gigabyte Aorus X570 Elite, 32Gb Gskill Trident DDR4 3600 CL16, Samsung 990 Pr0 1Tb Nvme Gen4, Evo860 1Tb 2.5 SSD and Team 1Tb 2.5 SSD, MSI Suprim X RTX4090 , Corsair h115i Platinum AIO, NZXT H710i case, Seasonic Focus 850W psu, Gigabyte Aorus AD27QHD Gsync 1ms IPS 2k monitor 144Mhz, Track ir4, VKB Gunfighter Ultimate w/extension, Virpil T50 CM3 Throttle, Saitek terrible pedals, RiftS

by the community and stuff that i read in the forms

I also read an article stating that the project was shut down

I also thought it would be classified???

Again, Unless it Comes from Wags, Chizh or another ED Team Member, it's not Official.

The F-16C Development was Put on Hold, and was mentioned by a team member that it is still being worked on progress unknown, likely waiting for F/A-18C to finish w/ A2G Radar Super Sonic PFM w/ FCS etc etc.

Dont Quote me on that though, until ED Confirms it's still being developed for the Consumer Market.

JHMCS, Link 4/16,

Tears of joy.

automatic landing

MOAR TEARS!

I think I'm going to have to resign as (INSERT CIVILIAN FLIGHT SIM MADE BY LARGE DEFENSE CONTRACTOR WHO HAPPENS TO BE MY EMPLOYER HERE) beta tester in the near future so I have more time for cat shots and traps and all the fun stuff in between.

Again, Unless it Comes from Wags, Chizh or another ED Team Member, it's not Official.

The F-16C Development was Put on Hold, and was mentioned by a team member that it is still being worked on progress unknown, likely waiting for F/A-18C to finish w/ A2G Radar Super Sonic PFM w/ FCS etc etc.

Dont Quote me on that though, until ED Confirms it's still being developed for the Consumer Market.

well that's great news to my ears I would love to have an F-16 no disrespect to bms but I think it would bring a lot of people to our community as well

Tears of joy.

MOAR TEARS!

I think I'm going to have to resign as (INSERT CIVILIAN FLIGHT SIM MADE BY LARGE DEFENSE CONTRACTOR WHO HAPPENS TO BE MY EMPLOYER HERE) beta tester in the near future so I have more time for cat shots and traps and all the fun stuff in between.

lmao

Let's not Derail the thread too much though.

Tomorrow is lookin' Like a Carrier Ops Day..

Thank you for the answer, Yes That was my prediction having a solid base line for modern aircraft is for sure the toughest part of the job.

1 Final question, and this one has been a question on my mind for years with DCS. As some one who plays exclusively PVP online.

-Any hope of seeing a redfor multi role, or even DCS or FC3 redfor multi roles in the near future "by DCS standards", The Mplayer Arena in DCS is painfully lacking such a platform and with several 3PD bringing some amazing bluefor products i fear it will just get worse for online preference.

By Who? Unless it came from Wags or Chizh... or another ED Team Member, it's not Official.

The F-16C was in WiP in 2008, and then placed on Hold, the 3D Model was being Replaced as well.

https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=503375&postcount=332

And

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=29986

By that logic ... we still can hope for an AH-64 in the coming decades?

Can't wait to see the Carrier in action and naval ops in general.

The F-18 is going to add a whole new dimension to DCS and with the Harrier and F-14 coming too !!!! DCS future is looking awesome.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

All I ask is to watch some poor saps plow into the back of the carrier tomorrow. :P Though I hear the arresting wire physics are pretty cool... Maybe we'll see a bit of both!

Thank you for the answer, Yes That was my prediction having a solid base line for modern aircraft is for sure the toughest part of the job.

1 Final question, and this one has been a question on my mind for years with DCS. As some one who plays exclusively PVP online.

-Any hope of seeing a redfor multi role, or even DCS or FC3 redfor multi roles in the near future "by DCS standards", The Mplayer Arena in DCS is painfully lacking such a platform and with several 3PD bringing some amazing bluefor products i fear it will just get worse for online preference.

Yeah would love to get some info on this as its will get pretty important for dcs multiplayer pretty soon. Especially big events like blueflag will be affected by it.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

*unexpected flight behaviour* Oh shiii*** ! What ? Why ? What is happening ?

All I ask is to watch some poor saps plow into the back of the carrier tomorrow. :P Though I hear the arresting wire physics are pretty cool... Maybe we'll see a bit of both!

That carrier is going to have so many planes flying into it it would think it was teleported of the coast of Okinawa in 1945

• ED Team
well that's great news to my ears I would love to have an F-16 no disrespect to bms but I think it would bring a lot of people to our community as well

Only reason an aircraft would be off limits to ED is lack of info or legal complications. As far as I know the F-16 wouldnt have any of these issues, although I know little about the legal end of course. I know it doesnt matter what has been done in the past by other companies.

Anyways... lets get back to E3 stuff for this thread.

64Sig.png
Forum RulesMy YouTube • My Discord - NineLine#0440• **How to Report a Bug**

1146563203_makefg(6).png.82dab0a01be3a361522f3fff75916ba4.png  80141746_makefg(1).png.6fa028f2fe35222644e87c786da1fabb.png  28661714_makefg(2).png.b3816386a8f83b0cceab6cb43ae2477e.png  389390805_makefg(3).png.bca83a238dd2aaf235ea3ce2873b55bc.png  216757889_makefg(4).png.35cb826069cdae5c1a164a94deaff377.png  1359338181_makefg(5).png.e6135dea01fa097e5d841ee5fb3c2dc5.png