Is this going to be finished?

hazzer

It's the TM rudder pedals that is causing the bottleneck. How many frames are you missing? How can you tell?

Compare it to any other aircraft. Eg the f-14 I get steady frames in vr at 45 constantly. With the yak I get 35fps. What makes you think it's the rudder pedals giving me low frame rate?

RTX 2080ti, I7 9700k, 32gb ram, SSD, Samsung Odyssey VR, MSFFB2, T-50 Throttle, Thrustmaster Rudder Pedals

Compare it to any other aircraft. Eg the f-14 I get steady frames in vr at 45 constantly. With the yak I get 35fps. What makes you think it's the rudder pedals giving me low frame rate?

You don't do humour do you? :)

Is the sim smooth in the Yak? Can you take off and land nicely? Can you fly in a close formation? If you can answer Yes to all of those questions, why the hell are you staring at a frame counter? :music_whistling:

You don't do humour do you? :)

Is the sim smooth in the Yak? Can you take off and land nicely? Can you fly in a close formation? If you can answer Yes to all of those questions, why the hell are you staring at a frame counter? :music_whistling:

That's the thing in vr no. That's why I opened the fps counter. If I fly just by myself there is little issue however when more than one yak in the vicinity the game goes to a halt. This is due to nolod model implemented

RTX 2080ti, I7 9700k, 32gb ram, SSD, Samsung Odyssey VR, MSFFB2, T-50 Throttle, Thrustmaster Rudder Pedals

Right. I'm using a PC that is, by today's standard, pretty ordinary. 6700K @4.2, a GTX1070 Stryx GPU SSDs etc. so not up to your specs. I can and do fly online in VR with 4, 5 and on one occassion 6 Yaks in close formation.

So I would say it's less about the Yak than something amiss with your settings in the game or with your PC.

What is 'nolod model'?

Right. I'm using a PC that is, by today's standard, pretty ordinary. 6700K @4.2, a GTX1070 Stryx GPU SSDs etc. so not up to your specs. I can and do fly online in VR with 4, 5 and on one occassion 6 Yaks in close formation.

So I would say it's less about the Yak than something amiss with your settings in the game or with your PC.

What is 'nolod model'?

A lod model is level of detail. As you get further away other aircraft change to lower quality models to not effect performance. There is nothing wrong with my rig or settings as it fine for every other aircraft, and I'm not the only person experiencing issues.

What is 'nolod model'?

The Yak has no LOD (level of detail) models so no matter how far away a Yak is from you it’s always being rendered at maximum detail. You may well be able to play it in VR with 4 other Yaks but I guarantee that your FPS are much lower than with 4 different aircraft. What are your settings? Shadows have a massive impact on FPS in VR. I can make it smooth in VR if I turn my settings all the way down. But if I run my usual settings which are fine for flying with other aircraft flying with multiple Yaks brings my system to a stuttering mess. It does it for me, all my friends and lots of people here on the forums.

Proud owner of:

PointCTRL VR : Finger Trackers for VR -- Real Simulator : FSSB R3L Force Sensing Stick. -- Deltasim : Force Sensor WH Slew Upgrade -- Mach3Ti Ring : Real Flown Mach 3 SR-71 Titanium, made into an amazing ring.

My Fathers Aviation Memoirs: 50 Years of Flying Fun - From Hunter to Spitfire and back again.

The Yak has no LOD (level of detail) models so no matter how far away a Yak is from you it’s always being rendered at maximum detail. You may well be able to play it in VR with 4 other Yaks but I guarantee that your FPS are much lower than with 4 different aircraft. What are your settings? Shadows have a massive impact on FPS in VR. I can make it smooth in VR if I turn my settings all the way down. But if I run my usual settings which are fine for flying with other aircraft flying with multiple Yaks brings my system to a stuttering mess. It does it for me, all my friends and lots of people here on the forums.

Great thing with early Access is that you get to see the baby grow.....

The downside is that you need to wait, and you might not like the growth paces...

I thought that yak was like 99% ready, but now reading it is like 80% ready because in such simple aircraft all small missing features are important.

i7-8700k, 32GB 2666Mhz DDR4, 2x 2080S SLI 8GB, Oculus Rift S.

i7-8700k, 16GB 2666Mhz DDR4, 1080Ti 11GB, 27" 4K, 65" HDR 4K.

Great thing with early Access is that you get to see the baby grow.....

The downside is that you need to wait, and you might not like the growth paces...

I thought that yak was like 99% ready, but now reading it is like 80% ready because in such simple aircraft all small missing features are important.

The thing is this baby stopped growing as soon as it was born

Some statement from the developers would be nice. No need to tell us when it will be finished, but at least we could see a few small fixes from time to time, so we know, it's still being worked on.

A-10A, A-10C, A-10C II, AV-8B, F-5E, F-16C, F/A-18C, F-86F, Yak-52, Nevada, Persian Gulf, Syria, Supercarrier, Combined Arms, FW 190 A-8, FW 190 D-9, Spitfire LF Mk. IX, Normandy + WWII Assets Pack

Anyone would think it doesn't work. There may well be a few bits and pieces to sort out but nothing to prevent it being a bloody nice addition.

The thing is the things that need sorting have been with it since release. With no timeframe or any hint of progress. And I would go to say the performance issues that I and many others face (mainly in vr with more than one yak) make it almost impossible to enjoy.

There may well be a few bits and pieces to sort out but nothing to prevent it being a bloody nice addition.

That was my assessment when I bought it, however there doesn't appear to be the resources or a timeline to finish it.

I own the NS430, Yak-52 and Hornet that are all WIP, however the NS430 and now Yak-52 seem to have entered development 'hell', with little/no resources to finish them or fix bugs.

I suspect that, after 12 months of 'early access', ED will simply remove the 'early access' tag and call it 'done'.

i9 9900K @4.7GHz, 64GB DDR4, RTX4070 12GB, 1+2TB NVMe, 6+4TB HD, 4+1TB SSD, Winwing Orion 2 F-15EX Throttle + F-16EX Stick, TPR Pedals, TIR5, Win 10 Pro x64, 1920X1080

That was my assessment when I bought it, however there doesn't appear to be the resources or a timeline to finish it.

I own the NS430, Yak-52 and Hornet that are all WIP, however the NS430 and now Yak-52 seem to have entered development 'hell', with little/no resources to finish them or fix bugs.

I suspect that, after 12 months of 'early access', ED will simply remove the 'early access' tag and call it 'done'.

Exactly this

This is a video made in our very early days flying formation so go easy on the criticisms :smilewink: . Also it was an early attempt at movie making by our left wingman. Six never got a look in! :music_whistling:At no point did anyone complain about stuttering, juddering or FPS loss.

As I've also mentioned earlier in this thread, I've been part of a six pack of Yaks with no complaints.

Just sayin'.

Sorry, couldn't make the imbedding video work.

Edited by Ron Attwood

Ah, I forgot to add that we were all in VR. 3 Rifts and a Vive pro. As for how it was recorded, I don't know. I do know that it was before he realised you could make a movie from the tracks and change views! He was stuck in his own cockpit.

The video, how did you do that? I copied the link pasted it in the forum, highlighted it and clicked on the Youtube button which added the bracketed stuff.

Edited by Ron Attwood

Again just because you can't notice any issue doesn't mean there isn't any. If I can fly will 6 f-14s with no problems but then have bad fps with 2 yaks that is a problem.

I had a chat with one of the guys in the 'sixpack' and he said he had issues with the Yak.

But. They went away when he upgraded his machine. So, it is something to do with the machine.

But. It certainly does need sorting out. You shouldn't need to upgrade your PC on account of one rogue module.

Let's call it an honourable draw.:smilewink:

I had a chat with one of the guys in the 'sixpack' and he said he had issues with the Yak.

But. They went away when he upgraded his machine. So, it is something to do with the machine.

But. It certainly does need sorting out. You shouldn't need to upgrade your PC on account of one rogue module.

Let's call it an honourable draw.:smilewink:

Its not like I'm running a low end PC! Today I was in the acrobatics online server and all was well in my I-16 flying around an airfield, then I could feel my fps lowered and low and behold a single yak was on the runway! No issue with the p-51s or the 5 other planes there. The lack of effort is disappointing

Currently, the Damage Model is being worked on.

What about the performance issues that we have experienced but don't get with any other a/c in VR? Could it be a lod issue? I notice that the only way to fly with more than one yak is to turn shadows off, which is never an issue with others