PAK-FA Project

"after feeling devastated" ? What did I miss? o_O

Best to ask in PM, not to let all of it overflow the thread

Windows 10 Pro, Ryzen 2700X @ 4.6Ghz, 32GB DDR4-3200 GSkill (F4-3200C16D-16GTZR x2),

ASRock X470 Taichi Ultimate, XFX RX6800XT Merc 310 (RX-68XTALFD9)

3x ASUS VS248HP + Oculus HMD, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS + MFDs

Good Bye .

I'm not the type of person that would desapeer,so instead I will say this...

In the Time that I been here I had come to know great people that whent out of their way to help me learn,so I thank all those that did help me learn.

To the DCS community my Apologies but I have decided to move on,I wish you all the best and thank you for supporting me even in my worst times,but I just can't keep going I thought I could but I guess reality struck me after doing some thinking..

I have always had only one goal and that was to please the DCS community and I failed badly,even with all my hard dedication and effort alot of people don't really know who I am or why I do what I do,they only know me due to my stupid past and I can't let that continue and ruin my goals or dreams so it's best to just stop and move on,I will always remember the ones that supported me again thank you.

For questions PM me so this post won't get deleted

This is my way of saying good bye and God bless you all.

Sorry to hear that, mate. You gave your best. Thanks for all you have done for the community, despite everything that happened. Hope you all the best in your future endeavours.

MSI M5 z270 | Intel i5 7600k (OC) 4.8GHz | MSI GTX1080ti Gaming X 11Gb | 500gb Samsung 970 Evo NVME M.2 (DCS World) | 500gb Samsung 850 Evo SSD (OS and Apps) | 32Gb 2400MHz DDR4 - Crucial Ballistix | Be Quiet Silent Loop 240mm | NZXT H440 case |

Thrustmaster Warthog - 47608 with Virpil Mongoose joystick base | MFG Crosswinds - 1241 | Westland Lynx collective with Bodnar X board | Pilot's seat from ZH832 Merlin | JetSeat | Oculus Rift S | Windows 10 | VA |

Salute Cubanace,

I don't know you or your work but that does not stop me from realizing that the community is losing a valued asset. Lossing any member of this small community that has been willing to give their time free of charge is just a shame. I don't know why you feel like you failed or the reasons for your departure but I would like to say "Thank you". I hope that after some time you will come to miss the DCS community and reconsider your departure. Even if your involvement is not the same as it once was I'm sure our community would be better off with you being part of it then not.

I wish you luck and hope we see you back in the DCS sky sometime soon.

Edited by Teetwo

Gentlemen,

How is it that a dedicated and talented person who has give hours of his own time to bring something to us at no cost decides to hang up his hat ??

The community should always support someone like this,

what have you done to make Frank leave us ???

I remember your first post here. You should be proud of the amount of progress you’ve made since then. Certainly more than I have. It’s going to suck having one less voice in modhub. I hope everything’s alright with your health as well. Thanks for everything.

Cubanace is "cubanaced", figuratively speaking...

So many words and hypes and none of your projects was completed.

:thumbup:

Adieu!

Rude :noexpression:

Acer Aspire E5-571G-713W/Intel® Core™ i7-4510U 2.0-3.1GHz/12 GB DDR3 L Memo/NVIDIA® GeForce® 820M 2 GB/1000 GB HDD

Cubanace is "cubanaced", figuratively speaking...

So many words and hypes and none of your projects was completed.

:thumbup:

Adieu!

I honestly disagree with you here and would appreciate it if you kept that negative attitude out of here.

Cuban never "hypes" is content but instead created a page to share the progress he had made with the PAK-FA as a learning experience.

Best of luck Cuban with your future endeavours!

o7

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Director | Team Coordinator

PC Specs:

• Intel I7 8700k 4.7Ghz
  • Gigabyte Aorus Ultra Gaming Z370 Motherboard
  • 16GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3000MHz Ram
  • 500GB Samsung Evo 850 SSD

I try refrain from posting in these forums in general nowadays and I don’t know the specifics of this situation BUT Morkva55 is an amazing modder and contributor to the community.

I have known him for many years and he has never been rude or negative.

I am guessing there is a level of frustration involved when you create a lot for the community like Morkva does without making big threads about it.

Some folk wrap the community up in threads with promises that never materialise.

I’m reminded of another guy that spent a year trashing the TM Warthog stick because he was going to ‘make a better one for cheaper’ and then disappeared.

Perhaps the lesson here is we should all be more like Morkva, if you want to make something - just do it and hand it out to the community. Don’t look for the appreciation upfront.

Anyway that’s my guess as to why Morkva posted the above.

• 2 months later...

SU-57 Announcement Teaser.

https://youtu.be/thJJHjalGn8

Back starting 2019

I am happy to say that Starting next year 2019 i will be back to working on the SU-57 Full time,i am aware of many things and that the SU-57 is still classified but the truth of the matter of the fact is that i truely love working on this project and the challenges it offers me and i am ready to make it even better starting next year.

"DCS COMMUNITY NOTE"

I also would like to Apologize to the dcs community in regards my past actions about announcing some projects that i abandoned because i just could not get the intell and to be honest i still lack skills in a lot of departments and i just cant make a full blown official module by my self,i honestly though i could by learning but learning is not all that is needed,proper team,money and licenses and connections in which i dont have none of them,was really stupid on my part to be blind and to think that i could become a 3rd party by my self,i learned my lesson and i will not announce anything else and will only work on the SU-57 from now on,so please my apologies lets leave official modules for the proper 3rd parties and i will continue focusing on learning and improving while working on the SU-57 Development.

"I HAVE A CONNECTION WITH THE SU-57"

''Why don't i give up the SU-57 Many might ask?''

Would you turn your back on something that has pushed you beyond your limits?

no i would not that is why i will continue to work on the SU-57 full time and nothing more

Hopefully one day i will be able to bring a proper Module of the SU-57 for dcs when its declassified.

Edited by cubanace

SU-57 Announcement Teaser.

Hopefully one day i will be able to bring a proper Module of the SU-57 for dcs when its declassified.

By then our beards will have grown to our feet and we will probably be old and blind. :music_whistling:

A-10A, A-10C, A-10C II, AV-8B, F-5E, F-16C, F/A-18C, F-86F, Yak-52, Nevada, Persian Gulf, Syria, Supercarrier, Combined Arms, FW 190 A-8, FW 190 D-9, Spitfire LF Mk. IX, Normandy + WWII Assets Pack

By then our beards will have grown to our feet and we will probably be old and blind. :music_whistling:

As for an Official Module of the SU-57 yes I will most likely be dead by then but I'm sure someone else will finish what I attempted.

Now as a SU-57 Project this has been An amazing experience for me because I have come to learn and understand many things I did not know about DCS,also I have come to learn a great deal about Development in many areas,i will continue improving the SU-57 that way we can all enjoy this project as it evolves.

Edited by cubanace

Coming with next Update.

Development in regards Next Update for the SU-57 Project.

Clickable Cockpit and its own systems Finally after more than almost 2 years.

Startup Simulation and other systems that will require you to touch and manipulate,Batt,Fuel pumps,Electrical systems,radar,gps,terrain following radar,N036 simple radar,ejection seat armed and more,weapon selectors,canopy,parking brake,lights,fire ex and more.

Radars and sensors

OLS-35

Simple Radar

Terrain Following Radar

---------------------------------

Low Altitude output of terrain

terrain_following_radar_low_alt..jpg

New weapons

Guided Cruise Missile to hunt ground Radars.

Updated Manual

Manual will come with instructions on new options and new ground weapons.

Clickable cockpit Startup tutorial included on first release of this update.

Above screens are from export programs and nowhere finished this update will come in 2019 with the next SU-57 Update which will change the SU-57 to having its own systems and no longer use FC3,i hope you guys understand that FC3 had to go and no longer is needed to improve the SU-57.

Edited by cubanace

good! you are back. I apreciate your honesty. I remember your first posts, where you started learning 3d and look at you now. Coding! I bow to all friends of DCS like you, who spend their time for creating DCS content. Be it skin, mod or whatever. All of you derserve a big thank you.

• 2 weeks later...

Stage 2

A whole New SU-57 Experience Coming 2019.

-----------------------------------------------------------------

Picture below is of a render scene of the New model that is also included and not a real picture,special thanks to Андрей Бобкин,he can be found at Artstation for hes modeling work and hes model is sold at TurboSquid.

SU-57_Project_by_CubanAce.jpg

Edited by cubanace

How much can you alter without having access to the SDK? Like can you change the detection parameters of the aircraft, or change the ranges and angles which radar and irst can detect things?

As for the OLS-35 (Heat seeking sensor) it will be just to find targets that put out heat signature,the contacts will be displayed in the MFD and HUD it will be able to cover 3 corners and i am working on researching its proper range.

As for the Simple Radar it is really limited and seems to detect things directly in front of you,we still haven't gotten really far into researching what it can really do but we are getting there,Nero is Slowly researching more and helping me out with ideas and teaching me a few new tricks on this matter, i also have to come up with a radar design similar to that of SU-35 in terms of how it looks,its performance wont be the same because without SDK is just not possible,but we are pushing as much as we can while being limited in terms of SDK and Skills,i am still learning LUA and recently moved to C++.

Edited by cubanace

I will appreciate a new reworked cockpit textures please.

Defenetly coming with Stage 2 due to being Clickable I had to model my self more panels in order to include a few new things for you guys to get your hands on and interact with in regards systems.

One extra panel for example is the Ejection seat Arming panel along with also Electrical panels ect.

Weapons,limiter and a few more things will be controlled from the MFD and also linked to panels as well.

Edited by cubanace

EFM

Hello, everyone.

CubanAce has now begun progress on creating the External Flight Model (EFM) of the Su-57. Currently,we aim for it to cover over the basis of a basic Flight Control System, allowing us to code things like the Pugachev's Cobra and 3-dimensional vector thrusting. Right now the simple flight model that we have currently put in place so far for the Su-57 is being placed into the EFM, so it may take some time before such said is further completed. A lot of things are being worked on behind the scenes. We cannot wait to show you what else there is to come.

This is Day one into setting things up Code wise and the ED Templates.

Screenshot_1.jpg

Setting things up.

Screenshot_4.jpg

- CubanAce Team

Edited by cubanace

New Discord

Hello..

We have made a Discord Channel for those who would like to follow more closely the Evolution of "Stage 2" SU-57 Technology High Fidelity Project.

EFM (External Flight Model) Announcements are in,Check EFM section for details.

SU-57 EFM High Fidelity Project can be found at

https://discord.gg/6WU855f

• 4 weeks later...

Su-57 installation problem

Hi folks, I recently downloaded the Su-57 module from the user files:

https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/2539621/?sphrase_id=13855650

As instructed, I put the unzipped folder in the mods/aircraft/ folder. In the game, I can see the module in the mod manager, and the plane in the encyclopedia. But in the mission editor, I can't find and add this plane to the mission.

Does anybody know how to solve it? Somebody said it can be due to a too old lua file that won't fit the new version of the game.