Mission: CA_DCSBMP2 - Liberator

This is my first attempt a mission.

I noticed a lack of Combined Arms missions, so I decided it would be a good platform to make some missions. I also like the aspect of CA where you can control a vehicle, rather than be a "Ground Commander". With this in mind, I have made the mission to be played as a BMP2 unit. There are no "Ground Commanders", only 2 "JTAC" slots. Just as you would only fly the A10 in a DCS:A10 mission, this mission will be played as DCS:BMP2 :). The mission is quite linear and it is pretty basic. I'm sure there might be some bugs/oversights. Any feedback is welcome!

attachment.php?attachmentid=90635&stc=1&d=1384052879

SITUATION:

The Town of Mingrel'skaya has been captured by an, as yet, unknown rebel group. Some Communications from friendly Observing forces near the town suggest the Rebels have established Two road blocks and are equipped with some older generation armor units, including a T55. 4nm to the West, near Vamavinskoe, we have set up a Forward Operating Base from where we will deploy a counter attack to retake Mingrel'skaya.

BRIEF:

As part of a rapid response team of 3 BMP2s, you are to proceed to Mingrel'skaya and remove any resistance from the town. As they have armor, it is advised to use caution and not to rush in!

It will take approximately 10 minutes to drive to Mingrel'skaya.

attachment.php?attachmentid=90633&stc=1&d=1384052639

IMPORTANT GAMEPLAY NOTES:

====================

You Can Only Control The 2nd Or 3rd BMP, NOT The LEAD BMP.

1. Select a JTAC slot

2. Press "F7" as necessary to select the 2nd or 3rd BMP

3. Press "RIGHT ALT+J" to take control

4. Press "C" to Engage Autopliot and Follow the leader.

!. It is Advised to stay in Formation!!!

N.B. If your BMP is destroyed you can press F7 again to select the remaining BMP and take control of that, if it still exists.

attachment.php?attachmentid=90454&stc=1&d=1383623741

Mission Thread: http://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=1922281&postcount=10

Mission File: http://forums.eagle.ru/attachment.php?attachmentid=90452&d=1383623048

BriefMap.jpg.aed2ed59ea7ce3e356171444e4e112d7.jpg

Forumsafe.jpg.68e0ee579da039ff478dbbe2297a62a9.jpg

Edited by BTTW-DratsaB

Specs: GA-Z87X-UD3H, i7-4770k, 16GB, RTX2060, SB AE-5, 750watt Corsair PSU, X52, Track IR4, Win10x64.

Sim Settings: Textures: ? | Scenes: ? |Water: ? | Visibility Range: ? | Heat Blur: ? | Shadows: ? | Res: 1680x1050 | Aspect: 16:10 | Monitors: 1 Screen | MSAA: ? | Tree Visibility: ? | Vsync: On | Mirrors: ? | Civ Traffic: High | Res Of Cockpit Disp: 512 | Clutter: ? | Fullscreen: On

• 2 weeks later...

Hey, I was wondering if any one who played this could give a bit of feedback, when they get a chance?

Is it too confusing?

Is it too easy or too hard?

Is it too boring?

Is it too annoying the way the AI take most of the kills as they can see and shoot through trees, and detect enemies very quickly?

Is it too linear?

Where you able to "break" the mission?

Finally, do you think you would like to play more of these types of missions?

Thanks

Specs: GA-Z87X-UD3H, i7-4770k, 16GB, RTX2060, SB AE-5, 750watt Corsair PSU, X52, Track IR4, Win10x64.

Sim Settings: Textures: ? | Scenes: ? |Water: ? | Visibility Range: ? | Heat Blur: ? | Shadows: ? | Res: 1680x1050 | Aspect: 16:10 | Monitors: 1 Screen | MSAA: ? | Tree Visibility: ? | Vsync: On | Mirrors: ? | Civ Traffic: High | Res Of Cockpit Disp: 512 | Clutter: ? | Fullscreen: On

Is it too confusing?

no

Is it too easy or too hard?

i lost no vehicles....so okay :music_whistling:

Is it too boring?

only at the beginning, it is still a long way to the "action", but i like to see the Mi-8 flying by. Maybe you add more 'envirement' to it...some fly by, some ground vehicle passing, infantry on the side of the road etc. pp - some stuff around the map to have a feeling "i am in a war zone"...

Is it too annoying the way the AI take most of the kills as they can see and shoot through trees, and detect enemies very quickly?

not annoying, it help to find the enemy, but may be you add a hold weapon radius to both side. So both side don`t stat to fire to early!

Is it too linear?

no

Where you able to "break" the mission?

?

Finally, do you think you would like to play more of these types of missions?

yes, i think CA has still much potential, what we not have discovered yet.

You can also think about to add MBot`s Dismount script (http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=109676&highlight=Dismount) to some of the vehicles as support.

• Like 1

Playing: F-16C

Intel i7-13700KF, 64GB DDR5 @5600MHz, RTX 4080 ZOTAC Trinity, WIN 11 64Bit Prof.

Squadron "Serious Uglies" / Discord-Server: https://discord.gg/2WccwBh

Ghost0815

I liked it. First playthrough I had no idea where the tank was. Made it almost all the way to flag and 2nd Lead was taken out by a building (first got hit by ATM from APC earlier). I inched my way forward looking for what got lead and didn't see anything. Crept a little further and then 'TINK' and I was done. I was looking all around the last outpost trying to find the tank and couldn't find it. Then I cheated and opened up all units in ME and found I was looking in wrong location :(

2nd playthrough I got the tank when we took the first outpost and completed the mission successfully. Had a brief scare when APC spawned: I zoomed in to fire my own missile and realized he got the bead on me when I saw a fuzzy cotton ball getting larger but not moving off to the side. I quickly turned off to the side and accelerated away just as the missile passed behind me. I think it was literally a few feet. One of my other apcs got him for me.

I ended up making one of my own, though from a different point of view, still needs work but the gist is that a scout KIOWA reports some infantry and a AAA/SAM in a nearby village. I set up a team of three M2A2s at a FOB/FARP to move out and disable the AAA/SAM. Similar setup to yours, with a roadblock, soldiers and apc. I did add the 'dismount' mentioned above where you hold for a minute and 2 squads of troops 'dismount' to hold the cleared roadblock and patrol the area.

• Like 1

Thanks for the feed back and suggestions guys, really appreciate it!

I will work on a new one soon. I think I will do an Abrams one next.

Hey Evil.Bonsai, be sure to post that one up when you get it finished, I'd love to have a go!

Thanks for the feed back and suggestions guys, really appreciate it!

I will work on a new one soon. I think I will do an Abrams one next.

Hey Evil.Bonsai, be sure to post that one up when you get it finished, I'd love to have a go!

Ah, well, it's VERY simplistic at the moment. I was actually trying to finish up a different A10C mission when I saw yours and got sidetracked. I wanted to setup a A10C single player with OA-10A FAC support (AI OA-10As attacking enemy convoy with smoke that the player would then attack before the convoy attacked and destroyed an escaping convoy of trucks) but I was having trouble getting the timing of the convoys right and THEN needed to figure out 2 more sets of convoys for a bit of randomness). You're mission was different enough I wanted to try it out as I hadn't done much with CA since it was originally released for download.