[Bug] [Solved] Some key commands not working as expected.

Rudel_chw

Hi,

I'm creating a profile for my Hotas, that work using keyboard commands ... during this process I've identified the following bugs:

No effect on the brightness:

Optical_Sight_Brightness_Decrease

Optical_Sight_Brightness_Increase

Optical_Sight_Brightness_Decrease_Rear_Cockpit

Optical_Sight_Brightness_Increase_Rear_Cockpit

Dont work as expected:

Optical_Sight_Depression_Units_XX0_Selector-Decrease = Always sets 0

Optical_Sight_Depression_Units_XX0_Selector-Increase = Always sets 1

Optical_Sight_Depression_Tens_X0X_Selector-Decrease = Always sets 0

Optical_Sight_Depression_Tens_X0X_Selector-Increase = Always sets 1

Optical_Sight_Depression_Hundreds_0XX_Selector-Decrease = Always sets 0

Optical_Sight_Depression_Hundreds_0XX_Selector-Increase = Always sets 1

Also:

Gunfire illuminates cockpit interior

Gun trigger of the rear cockpit doesnt work, it fires only when sat on the front cockpit (I understand that this may be WIP)

Best regards,

Eduardo

Edit: 1/Nov/2019 - All the keyboard commands have been fixed by the developer, bug fixed.

Edited by Rudel_chw

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

Ok, thanks for the answer .. didnt knew about the instructor seat having no trigger :)

One more thing: will you add a keycommand for lifting the trigger safety cover? I could use it for the first stage contact of my hota’s trigger.

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Very low in the wish list queue. We'll see...

:) OK, no problem, it is a small detail.

Edit: I missed on my previous list, the following key commands:

Trim_Rudder_Right : Works fine.

Trim_Rudder_Left : Doesn't work.

I mention them only to keep the list complete, I understand that it´s WIP :)

If I find more, will add them here.

Saludos.

Edited by Rudel_chw

• 9 months later...

Ok, thanks for the answer .. didnt knew about the instructor seat having no trigger :)

One more thing: will you add a keycommand for lifting the trigger safety cover? I could use it for the first stage contact of my hota’s trigger.

Very low in the wish list queue. We'll see...

Hello,

I'm updating my Hotas Profile, to take advantage of the many new keybindings that you guys have added to the plane over the last few updates ... just wanted to give thanks for adding bindings for the trigger safety covers and locks .. thanks a lot :)

Eduardo

Sounds like you are getting ready to fly this module again Rudel...true? :)

:) ... I'm tempted by the fleshing out of the Failures Tab of the C-101 .. would love to be able to edit a Mission where I can suffer random failures and then try the emergency procedure for each type of failure.

Today I flew the CC quite a bit while testing my Hotas profile, really liked that the developers have improved the working of the speedbrake, it no longer excesively affects the trim ... also they returned the speedbrake toggle, that was missing for a long time :)

is that the way it behaves in the real aircraft?

P.S.

Thanks for the nice updates, AvioDev.

It should be correct like it is now, i.e. the trim should stop when speed brake reaches full deflection. Though it could be that it doesn't happen in some airplanes, but in that case it's a malfunction, it's not that there are several versions of the aircraft. We have a feedback from a real pilot who said it shouldn't stop, but in general all pilots say it should. The real in-depth data states it should stop. So we have added it as a failure in ME, if we get more feedback that suggest something else, then we would add it as a special module option or ME option.

Roberto "Vibora" Seoane

Alas Rojas

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

sigpic97175_2_small.pngAERGES-LOGO-sin_fondo_small.png

is that the way it behaves in the real aircraft?

The real plane has a link between the speedbrake and the pitch trim, to avoid an impact on the fligh attitude when you extend the airbrake .. the manual of the real aircraft says: (sorry, in spanish only)

El despliegue del aerofreno crea un momento de encabritado, variable con

la velocidod y creciente con la misma. Con obieto de que el piloto no tenga que estor pendiente del mismo, contrarrestándolo con el compensador de altura y/o con

el timón, existe uno interconexión entre los circuitos eléctricos de mando del oerofreno y del compensador, de tal modo que siempre que se accione el conmutador

del primero, automáticamente se energizo el actuador del segundo.

Con esta disposición y para KlAS comcrendidos entre 200 y 380 se obtiene

un montenimienro automático momentáneo y ccsi total

de lo compensación longirudinol, si previamente o io

operación de oeroireno el avión estaba yo compensado.

A velocidades por debojo de 200 KlAS el efecro del ae

refreno sobre lo comcensoción es pequeño y por encima

de 380 KlAS el piloto deberá proceder o uno acción

complementario de compensación

However, the C-101 a few months back was pitching down a lot when you extended the speedbrake, like if the trim were being added in an excesive way, like you can see on this test flight, where I trim the plane for norizontal flight and when extending the speedbrake the aircraft goes onto a dive by itself.

6cSakDLNkR8

I havent tested it fully, but on my last flight I didnt notice this diving tendency anymore :)

Cheers.

Rudel, you know how this all works, but you are mixing up things a bit and that could probably confuse people.

Let me explain what have we done and how this all works:

We didn't make any changes in Flight Model for very long time.

The extension of the speed brake causes a pitch up tendency in this airplane. To avoid that, there is a connection between the speed brake and trim. What happens is that when pressing the speed brake switch the trim acts at the same time, trimming to compensate that pitch tendency just described, so that when extending the speed brake the trim will pitch down (thus compensating the pitch up moment of the speed brake), and vice-versa when retracting speed brake.

When the speed brake reaches the limit (full extension or full retraction), microswitches detect this and cut the trim, so that it doesn't keep trimming even if you keep the speed brake switch depressed.

Before this last update, in our C-101 simulation, there was no cutout of autotrim when the speed brake was reaching the limit.

What we added in this update is this cutout function. As well as the malfunction of the cutout, which is something that can occur in real C-101's.

In your video I see that the autotrim is working, but since you don't stop depressing the speed brake immediately after the speed brake reaches the limit there is some pitch moment still acting.

Also, take into account that pitch moment will always change a bit even when autotrim is acting, since there is a change in airplane speed, unless you add power to keep current speed.

If you want to test the effect of speed brake in pitch moment after this last update you have three options:

- Activate the failure in ME.

- Open the emergency trim guard (if flying the C-101EB be sure that TONO TRIM (tone trim) is pushed in, otherwise the emergency pitch trim guard will not cut the relation between the speed brake circuit and the trim circuit).

- Pull out trim CB's.

Edited by Vibora

Roberto "Vibora" Seoane

Alas Rojas

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Rudel, you know how this all works, but you are mixing up things a bit and that could probably confuse people.

Let me explain what have we done and how this all works

Before this last update, in our C-101 simulation, there was no cutout of autotrim when the speed brake was reaching the limit.

What we added in this update is this cutout function. As well as the malfunction of the cutout, which is something that can occur in real C-101's.

In your video I see that the autotrim is working, but since you don't stop depressing the speed brake immediately after the speed brake reaches the limit there is some pitch moment still acting.

Hi,

Thanks a lot for the detailed explanation :) ... my HOTAS cougar has a switch for the speedbrake that locks when extended, since the C101 didnt had a keybind to fully extend the airbrake with a single press, I had no option at the time but to allow the button to keep the key pressed as long as it was on the locked "extend" position.

With the C101 latest update I'm now able to use the speedbrake toggle, so it is a single "b" when entering the lock position, and another single "b" when unlocking :) .. of-course I realize that this way I'm not able to half-extend the speedbrake, but that is ok for me.

Also, take into account that pitch moment will always change a bit even when autotrim is acting, since there is a change in airplane speed, unless you add power to keep current speed.

Yes, I understand that, but a small change is no problem ... where previously I was fighting the trim each time the speedbrake extended.

If you want to test the effect of speed brake in pitch moment after this last update you have three options:

- Activate the failure in ME.

- Open the emergency trim guard (if flying the C-101EB be sure that TONO TRIM (tone trim) is pushed in, otherwise the emergency pitch trim guard will not cut the relation between the speed brake circuit and the trim circuit).

- Pull out trim CB's.

I really love the detail that your team has achieved on the system's modelling .. not even the F-14 has simulated all the Circuit Breakers like you've done :) kudos for that.

I do intend to play with the failure activations, but probably will go for more serious failures than just the speedbrake's trim compensator :)

Thanks a lot and I do hope that the Mirage F1 is coming along nicely, I will not wait for a sale, but will purchase as soon as it cames into Early Acess :D

Cheers.

If I were you I would use T9 and T10 on your Thrustmaster Cougar for speed brake using speed brake extend and speed brake retract control inputs, for example, T9 extend and T10 retract. You are missing a fundamental function of the speed brake when using toggle, which doesn't make much sense. You could use S3 shift for flaps extend and retract to next position.

Roberto "Vibora" Seoane

Alas Rojas

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

If I were you I would use T9 and T10 on your Thrustmaster Cougar for speed brake using speed brake extend and speed brake retract control inputs, for example, T9 extend and T10 retract. You are missing a fundamental function of the speed brake when using toggle, which doesn't make much sense. You could use S3 shift for flaps extend and retract to next position.

Thank you for the idea ... I did tried it once that way, but couldnt get used to it because I use it on this way on a lot of other aircrafts, so my muscle-memory is already set to use T9 for flaps and T10 for speedbrake :(

OK. Let's leave it here since it's an off-topic. In any case, happy landings… :)

Roger ... one last thing, I tried to change the 1st post tittle to "[bug] [solved] Some ..." but it doesn't change the thread title, can you please update it to reflect that the Bug is solved? Thanks :)