Slovak Air Force Digital Camo Skin - Complete and Modman Compatible

VikVaughan

347157ce46.jpg

DOWNLOAD

This skin is based on Slovakia's digital camouflage paint scheme implemented on their Mig-29's. It's my first real skin for BS, so forgive me for any hickups. File is ready to be installed with Modman, headache free. Instructions are in the readme.

Background

These images of a real Slovak Mig-29 with the digital camo paint job were my reference/inspiration.

AIR_MiG-29_Slovakian_Digital_Thunder_Camo_lg.jpg

More:

http://img512.imageshack.us/img512/9941/mig29gooddigikf2.jpg

http://www.hyperstealth.com/Mig29/index.html

http://www.defenseindustrydaily.com/Digital-Thunder-Camo-for-Slovakias-MiG-29s-04814/

Screenshots

36064357ue0.jpg

36921173os4.jpg

601401545d.jpg

bb94d68c1b.jpg

Where's waldo? (alright its not that good :P )

5bbd1f2569.jpg

gunke6.jpg

*Final version features small black tail numbers instead of large side numbering.

76593152of5.jpg

30449306wu9.jpg

Edited by VikVaughan
  • Like 5

ASUS G74, Core i7-2670QM, 12GB DDR3, Geforce GTX 560M 3GB, Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit

Wise men speak because they have something to say, fools because they have to say something. - Plato

VV

Thank you :) . However i uploaded the wrong file! Let me fix that - 5 mins.

Edit: Fixed. The old file will work too, but doesn't come with instructions.

ASUS G74, Core i7-2670QM, 12GB DDR3, Geforce GTX 560M 3GB, Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit

Wise men speak because they have something to say, fools because they have to say something. - Plato

VV

Thank you :) . However i uploaded the wrong file! Let me fix that - 5 mins.

Edit: Fixed. The old file will work too, but doesn't come with instructions.

Thanks. I got it installed with modman just fine (first time I've used that), and it looks absolutely stunning.

Hi Guys,

Downloaded the texture, used MODMAN saw the the image over on the right but when in BS all I saw was this, Any clues in what has happened ? Timm

“Tomorrow is the most important thing in life. It comes to us at midnight very clean. It's perfect when it arrives and it puts itself in our hands. It hopes we've learned something from yesterday.” John Wayne

Hi Timm, that's unusual. I'm not too sure about the ins and outs of ModMan yet as I'm fairly new with it, but I think installing multiple mods might conflict with eachother. One mod migth edit a file that the other mod needed (unless the program is intuative enough to take that into account and simply add to the file instead of replacing it. That could very well be the case - I'd like to know actually). Sorry I couldn't be of more help. it's odd that TimA installed without any problem. Maybe someone else could chime in.

VV

Hi VikVaughan,

I got it sorted. I went and had a look in MODMAN took out all the new texture folders and re-started MM and hey presto all working. And now I can see your great texture.

Just one very small question please and this is not knocking your awesome texture in fact it's just an info one ? On the top of the tail that black line what ever it is is there a way it could be remove. Timm

“Tomorrow is the most important thing in life. It comes to us at midnight very clean. It's perfect when it arrives and it puts itself in our hands. It hopes we've learned something from yesterday.” John Wayne

Hey Timm, glad you got it working. The black line is meant to be a shadow (the top of the tail is slightly fatter I believe). The shadow appears on all the skins in BS. However, after you mentioned that I took a look, and it does seem a little too dark for such a light colored skin. I will tone it down in a future version. Thanks for the feedback :D

VV

Hi Ulrich. Certainly. I'll try and have something to you today or tomorrow :).

• Like 1

VV

Thiiiis iiiis a must have for me! :)

Greets and thanks from SVK!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

C2D E4500@3GHz + Scythe Katana , 2GB/800, GF9600GT@720 (GV-NX96T512HP), Cyborg Evo, Freetrack (2.2), Samsung 20" @1680x1050, Fortron BSII 400W (peak 430W), Win7 HP x64

Hi Ulrich, my apologies, I've been really busy the past couple of days. I will make my best efforts to send you something tonight or tomorrow latest.

Sweet custom shots there svk_fox :D

Glad those from Slovakia like it

VV

VV

Hi Ulrich, my apologies, I've been really busy the past couple of days. I will make my best efforts to send you something tonight or tomorrow latest.

Sweet custom shots there svk_fox :D

Glad those from Slovakia like it

VV

Thank you, you inspired me to do it finally :)

Hi Guys,

First off, Thanks VV for an excellent skin for this beast. Just one question is it possible to add a number to the side ? I can change the various numbers with the default skins but not yours. Any suggestions. Timm

This skin should be included in official patch :) Outstanding.

51PVO Founding member (DEC2007-)

100KIAP Founding member (DEC2018-)

:: Shaman aka [100☭] Shamansky

tail# 44 or 444

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC] 100KIAP Regiment Early Warning & Control officer