Does Heatblur have a roadmap for potential future modules?

MobiSev

If so, could you share it with us? They would just be potential modules that you all are showing interest in doing and not set in stone in any way.

Modules owned:

FC3, M-2000C, Mig-21bis, F-5E, AJS-37 Viggen, F/A-18C, KA-50, Mi-8, F-14A&B, JF-17

They haven't even finished the two they got in EA right now. You people need to chill.

yeah, i know that lol, but still, they must have some sort of idea on what would be next. Just asking what they are thinking. Pretty sure everyone knows that they will be solely focusing on the 14 and 37 for a pretty good while.

Modules owned:

FC3, M-2000C, Mig-21bis, F-5E, AJS-37 Viggen, F/A-18C, KA-50, Mi-8, F-14A&B, JF-17

It can take years to negotiate the license agreement with ED, the manufacturer and then with the governments etc.

So they do know what are the possibilities and what they want to do (their own wishlist) and when they can confirm the license etc, they likely then start the work deeper (they might have done some demos for the presentation etc) and after something to show, then tell it to the community.

i7-8700k, 32GB 2666Mhz DDR4, 2x 2080S SLI 8GB, Oculus Rift S.

i7-8700k, 16GB 2666Mhz DDR4, 1080Ti 11GB, 27" 4K, 65" HDR 4K.

...So they do know what are the possibilities and what they want to do (their own wishlist)...

That's all I was wanting was their wishlist, nothing more than a list of what they want to do if everything were to go their way. I know, and am expecting, that they will be working on their current modules for a couple years before releasing anything new.

Modules owned:

We're working on another complex jet which will make good use of our own technologies. We're also looking at expanding the F-14 product, but will look more closely at what exactly that means after release. That said, 2018 will be mostly the year of improvements to both the F-14 and Viggen.

We don't want to be stuck in the eternal Beta rut.

Already discussed at length here: https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?p=3244974

IIRC he also said in one of the podcast/livestream interviews around the release of the Tomcat that it will be a multi-engine jet, but don't quote me on that.

Edited by QuiGon

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

That is from more than two years ago.

So? I don't see that anything has changed about this.

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

Tornado3 small.jpg

"The A-6’s are built to our extremely exacting standards, with laser scanning forming the basis of our core workflow and ensuring complete accuracy in shape and dimensions. The Intruder is an aircraft that has been under active development at Heatblur Simulations for some time, and subject to a license agreement, we hope to eventually introduce it into DCS world as a full, playable module - and we are developing it with this intent in mind."

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?p=3612905#post3612905

"The A-6’s are built to our extremely exacting standards, with laser scanning forming the basis of our core workflow and ensuring complete accuracy in shape and dimensions. The Intruder is an aircraft that has been under active development at Heatblur Simulations for some time, and subject to a license agreement, we hope to eventually introduce it into DCS world as a full, playable module - and we are developing it with this intent in mind."

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?p=3612905#post3612905

ahhh...nice!

Modules owned:

So? I don't see that anything has changed about this.

I would take any speculation about future modules with a grain of salt. Heatblur got bought by a company that does real world aviation and government contracting. I'm glad they got a payday and hopefully it gives them more resources to bring us quality modules with. Unfortunately it's equally likely that they will be working on non DCS projects and the promised assets (ai J-35, ai A-6, Forrestal, campaigns, A model) are the last we will see from them.

I would take any speculation about future modules with a grain of salt. Heatblur got bought by a company that does real world aviation and government contracting. I'm glad they got a payday and hopefully it gives them more resources to bring us quality modules with. Unfortunately it's equally likely that they will be working on non DCS projects and the promised assets (ai J-35, ai A-6, Forrestal, campaigns, A model) are the last we will see from them.

Maybe maybe not. They said right after this that they will continue their roadmap and that they are not going anywhere. I am a bit concerned that they do not answer this question concretley but I don't think they'll leave DCS even if they make real world stuff until they say so.

Edited by alexkon3

It's generally a good advise to take any speculation with a grain of salt. Not just speculations about modules, but also speculations about how companies run their business ;)

Tornado3 small.jpg

• 2 months later...

An A-6 would fit nicely into DCS's pretty dominant naval simulation position with the upcoming Nimitz module, the Hornet and HB's own Tomcat.

Jester, maybe Boxman by then... :D ...can sit beside me.

"These are NOT 1 to 1 replicas of the real aircraft, there are countless compromises made on each of them" - Senior ED Member

Modules - Damn near all of them (no Christian Eagle or Yak)

System - i7-12700K, 64Gig DDR4 3200 RAM, RTX-3080, 3 32" monitors at 5760 x 1080, default settings of High (minor tweaks)

Heatblur got bought by a company that does real world aviation and government contracting.

We did not get bought by anybody. We partnered with Meta, is all. Heatblur is still Heatblur.

As for the rest: I'd leave it to general speculation for now, as that matches our own "state of mind" at the moment: not sure and we'll see. :)

Heatblur Simulations

Please feel free to contact me anytime, either via PM here, on the forums, or via email through the contact form on our homepage.

http://www.heatblur.com/

https://www.facebook.com/heatblur/

An A-6 would fit nicely into DCS's pretty dominant naval simulation position with the upcoming Nimitz module, the Hornet and HB's own Tomcat.

Jester, maybe Boxman by then... :D ...can sit beside me.

That would be amazing!

New hotness: I7 9700k 4.8ghz, 32gb ddr4, 2080ti, :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, HP Reverb (formermly CV1)

Old-N-busted: i7 4720HQ ~3.5GHZ, +32GB DDR3 + Nvidia GTX980m (4GB VRAM) :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, Rift CV1 (yes really).

• 3 weeks later...