Operation Snowfox - Persian Gulf PvE Playground

If you want to start from scratch again, remove SnowfoxUnitInterment.lua and SnowfoxStaticInterment.lua files from your DCS World installation directory. Then when the mission starts up it will leave everything alone and start new files.

I don't have either of those files.

I've modified MissionScripting.lua as recommended:

do

sanitizeModule('os')

--sanitizeModule('io')

--sanitizeModule('lfs')

require = nil

loadlib = nil

end

Any ideas?

I played for a couple of hours (v126 though I've downloaded 128 now for next time).

I don't have either of those files.

I've modified MissionScripting.lua as recommended:

do

sanitizeModule('os')

--sanitizeModule('io')

--sanitizeModule('lfs')

require = nil

loadlib = nil

end

Any ideas?

I played for a couple of hours (v126 though I've downloaded 128 now for next time).

The files will be in your DCS installation directory. This is not the same as your DCS Saved Games directory.

The files will only be there if:

1. Persistence was enabled before running DCS World

2. The mission was loaded and run for at least 3 minutes or so (it doesn't create them immediately first time through)

3. It had enough permissions on the directory to create the file

Thanks for the quick reply! Can you elaborate on the permissions required?

I had checked in the DCS installation folder (not in Saved Games) and played for a few hours.

Sent from my SM-G973U1 using Tapatalk

Try running DCS as an admin and see if that helps.

Hello , so i really like your dynamic mission i think it is one of the best out there but since i use VR it is imposible to play due to performance , my fps go down really fast when there many units in a map so what i want to ask if its possible to have just 2 zones in the entire map one for blue and one for red side that are engaging one another instead of using all the map or to reduce the number of units in some way....i don't know how things are working or if it is possible to reduce the scale of the war in some way.Thank you in advance.

Hello , so i really like your dynamic mission i think it is one of the best out there but since i use VR it is imposible to play due to performance , my fps go down really fast when there many units in a map so what i want to ask if its possible to have just 2 zones in the entire map one for blue and one for red side that are engaging one another instead of using all the map or to reduce the number of units in some way....i don't know how things are working or if it is possible to reduce the scale of the war in some way.Thank you in advance.
Do you have another pc that you can set up as a dedicated server? That might help

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6003 using Tapatalk

Ok i think i misunderstood the mission , i thaught that you can play in single player aswell.I am looking for some kind of dynamic mission but with fewer units and airplanes,maybe to be able to ch0ose like in the mission generator how many units to spawn ex. Low , Med or High.Thanks anyway.

I am playing it as a single player and it is one of the best (if not the best) of the dynamic missions. It is hard though. Yesterday I was hitting a SAM with supporting SEAD and CAP flights. The support flights were destroyed after destroying some enemy caps. Then started to escape from an F5 and 2 Mig29s, after spending all of them on the SAMs and other CAPs. They got me in the end. But, I managed to destroy one SAM site though (the one I did not intend to destroy :D). It was a blast. The great thing about it, is that it is persistent which means you finish it at your own pace.

Ok i think i misunderstood the mission , i thaught that you can play in single player aswell.I am looking for some kind of dynamic mission but with fewer units and airplanes,maybe to be able to ch0ose like in the mission generator how many units to spawn ex. Low , Med or High.Thanks anyway.

You can definitely run this in single player. But depending on your system in VR you may need to reduce some settings. Alternatively try it on a multiplayer dedicated server.

I built the mission originally as a single player thing (hence all the AI support call in flights). It runs on my 7 year old potato PC. But I do not have VR, only TrackIR.

Edited by Surrexen

Hi Surrexen,

Love the mission! I am trying to run it on Dedicated Server and would like to have an option in the F10 menu that would "End Mission". Is it possible?

Cheers and thanks in advance!

That is possible to do but not something I would add myself. Giving everyone the option in multiplayer to end the mission sounds like a bad overall plan.

Meanwhile, I am working on something that will make everyone's lives somewhat easier in this mission, Clear Field, and Black Spire. More details to come later.

In the next update, player aircraft within 40nm of an active enemy runway will prevent spawns from that particular airfield. They will instead spawn at a further away airfield. For example, if someone is within 40nm of Bandar Lengeh, the CAP flight that normally spawns there will instead spawn at Lar. When the airspace over Bandar Lengeh is then cleared, the spawns will return to normal.

This is to alleviate an issue where players would clear enemy planes over an operational area, only to potentially have a replacement flight spawn right on top of them. I am still tweaking things for this change but will hopefully get something out for the weekend.

That is possible to do but not something I would add myself. Giving everyone the option in multiplayer to end the mission sounds like a bad overall plan.

Meanwhile, I am working on something that will make everyone's lives somewhat easier in this mission, Clear Field, and Black Spire. More details to come later.

Its OK I did it myself. I added an airplane on the red side and only that group has the option to end the mission. Its a closed community server so its not a problem.

Looking forward to see the next update!

Cheers

IAF.ViFF

http://www.preflight.us

Israel's Combat Flight Sim Community Website

v129 is up

Changelog v129

- A new mechanic to avoid planes spawning on peoples heads in the operational area has been added. If a player aircraft is within 40nm of an airfield, that airfields CAP flight will spawn elsewhere until the area around that airfield is clear of player aircraft.

- The planes will spawn at the alternate airfields as follows:

1. Bandar Lengeh -> Lar

2. Havadarya -> Lar

3. Bandar Abbas -> Jiroft

4. Bandar-e-Jask -> Jiroft

You can check the status of the airspace via the F10 menu and get a status report if you want to see what's what.

Feedback on the new mechanic would be appreciated as testing time has been limited to say the least.

Enjoy!

Edited by Surrexen

Surrexen, great job!

I have a question, if we bomb an active runway does the planes still spawning on it?

If you have it set to ground starts then bombing runways will still completely stuff up the AI like it always does, which will usually cause the air dispatcher to fail. With air starts ... I don't think it would make any real difference but anything is possible. Feel free to test and let me know how it turns out.

This mechanism is purely so that when you have already killed a CAP flight and are hanging around over a target area, that the next CAP flight does not spawn right on top of you but instead spawns at a further away airfield.

Just found this, i think you might find it useful...

https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=4032395&postcount=42

This is interesting - with all the “free time” I’ve got at the moment I’ve wanted to try and augment Surrexens great missions in a way to tie runway/airbase attacks/damage to the deactivation of the enemy caps... and then try to find a way to incorporate the fact that an airbase/cap is out of commission into the info saved in the persistence data.

This would allow single players (like me) to make all out attempts to bomb enemy cap airfields in an effort to gain air superiority so that you then shift to CAS/Ground attack using the A-10 (which generally doesn’t last long even with support packages tagging along).

This is interesting I wonder if it works.

The only problem at the moment is the latest few DCS updates have really borked performance for me in these missions. I’ve been pretty much immune to poor FPS forever but I fired up v122 of the Clearfield mission last night and the FPS I was getting was 60%-70% worse than usual...pretty sad.

i9-9900K @ 5.0GHz, ASUS ROG Z390 MAXIMUS XI HERO, ASUS GeForce RTX 2080Ti 11GB, 32GB DDR4 @ 3866MHZ, 1TB Intel 660P M.2 NVMe SSD, 1TB WD Black SN750 NVMe SSD, Oculus Rift S