• 3 weeks later...
Hey! I submitted the updated version of the campaign to ED today. Can't guarantee it is 100% bug free (there were lots of changes) but I think I squashed all the game breaking ones!

In mission 3, the downed Helos are completely obscured by trees and there's no tree line to speak of where the enemy are located. I haven't played the campaign before today, but comparing my experience to the mudspike.com review, there are clear differences.

Is there a chance this will be updated?

http://www.mudspike.com/dcs-world2-the-enemy-within/

Hey!

I am aware of this - it is a long story of constantly changing forest position during the work on 2.5. Due to pre-recorded VOs with bulls calls etc I had my hands tied with regard to units placement (especially the downed helo) - I had to accomodate to the new terrain or redo it from scratch - which was very difficult to so for several reasons (one of them being the fact that Blooze, who was voicing the commander, is no longer with us). So I went for the current option which is not ideal, but with smoke markers and help of AI helos made the mission playable.

I don’t say no to the idea of rebuilding the mission and using a different location, but can’t promise anything for the time being, having a lot of open projects. I might have a look at it when converting 5 missions to MP mode (promised quite a long time ago).

Anyway, such a problem should not occur in any other mission- enjoy the rest of the campaign!

ce535d_9d347b62819c4372b3c485a4f95d2004~mv2.png

Thanks for the explanation, it certainly makes sense. Maybe DCS can move the trees :D

Enjoying the campaign so far - I'll give the mission another try.

Cool! Thanks to Bunyap and Apache I think I have a solution to problems with M03, I should be able to try and fix it tomorrow and include it for the next update.

In the first mission there's a Humwee parked on top of a hangar at Kobuleti.

Fully intentional. That's what happens if you give the Humvees to the Georgians. :megalol:

ce535d_9d347b62819c4372b3c485a4f95d2004~mv2.png