MFCD for Android tablets (phones)

colo

Hi, now named aInstruments, this app transfer aircraft instruments from DCS to your Android device(s).

Support for 7 aircraft, 20 instruments and up to 3 tablets simultaneously connected:

• A-10C Thunderbolt II - left & right MFCD displays and CDU navigation computer
  • AV-8B Harrier II Night Attack - left & right MPCD and UFC display
  • F/A-18C Hornet - left & right DDI displays, bottom AMPCD and UFC display
  • Mirage 2000C - radar, RWR and weapons panel
  • AJS 37 Viggen - radar and data panel with navigation
  • Ka-50 Black Shark - Shkval display and ABRIS navigation computer
  • F-16C - MFDs and ICP with DED display

It can also display kneepad pages and

on your tablet(s), automatically dial GPS object

coordinates from F10 map view on UFC as

(Hornet and Harrier) or
(on Hornet).

Server part runs on computer where DCS World is installed and client part runs on your Android tablet(s) or phone(s).

I am constantly improving this app, adding new instruments, fixing bugs and optimizing code, the price stays the same.

More info on www.lumatek.sk or on my youtube channel.

Online manual is here.

Current version is 2.5 and roadmap for next versions is here

icp.jpg

mfd.jpg

sams.jpg

UFChornet.jpg

DDI.jpg

UFCharrier.jpg

MPCD.jpg

nav.jpg

radar.jpg

CDU.jpg

MFCD.jpg

Thank you for your support and patience !

colo

Original old message:

Hi

I have made application for displaying and control A-10 MFCD on Android tablet.

Please note - it is early alpha version, but working.

Please see:

If you have any tips or suggestion please let me know

Edited by colo

Intel Core i7 11700, 32 GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 4090, NVMe 3 TB, VR HP Reverb G2, Thrustmaster Warthog + pedals, Cougar MFDs, TrackIR, aInstruments

• Replies 608
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Any noticeable latency? I know a lot of the screen to Android services that I have used for this suffer unbearable lag of up to, and sometimes exceeding, .5 seconds.

Also, will it properly display any mfcd at any resolution?

It would also be nice to be able to choose which MFCD to copy.

If you aim for the sky, you will never hit the ground.

or have both Side by side and have tablet in landscape

Windows 10 Pro, Ryzen 2700X @ 4.6Ghz, 32GB DDR4-3200 GSkill (F4-3200C16D-16GTZR x2),

ASRock X470 Taichi Ultimate, XFX RX6800XT Merc 310 (RX-68XTALFD9)

3x ASUS VS248HP + Oculus HMD, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS + MFDs

Finally, glad to see the Android devices getting some DCS love!

Once this project is over, I'd love to see a CDU for Android. ;)

i7 7700K | 32GB RAM | GTX 1080Ti | Rift CV1 | TM Warthog | Win 10

"There will always be people with a false sense of entitlement.

You can want it, you can ask for it, but you don't automatically deserve it. "

Any noticeable latency? I know a lot of the screen to Android services that I have used for this suffer unbearable lag of up to, and sometimes exceeding, .5 seconds.

Also, will it properly display any mfcd at any resolution?

It would also be nice to be able to choose which MFCD to copy.

Thank you for comment !

Yes, there is noticable latency, but from measures I think that it is not transfer problem cause it i near 50 fps but cased by displaying image in separeted android thread (I am not good at threads this is my first application for tablet & phones)

Resolution is no problem I have try it also on my HTC desire X phone at it looks equally.

It is possible to choose another MFCD, there is menu on the top right corner, with MFCD selection, IP address selection and exit (It is not shown on video)

Please can you write names of screen to android services ? i have written this from sratch and it will be nice to see another similar applications

Intel Core i7 11700, 32 GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 4090, NVMe 3 TB, VR HP Reverb G2, Thrustmaster Warthog + pedals, Cougar MFDs, TrackIR, aInstruments

This is great!

As suggestions... After finishing it don't stop at A10C and don't put ads... or at least make one with a decent price but no ads and slim on "access rights".

Ka50 could use one too. :D

other Aps

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.portman.tews (this one I just founded)

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=fr.yeepeekai.dcs.manager

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.portman.panel.uh1h

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.portman.panel

Edited by zaelu

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I5 4670k, 32GB, GTX 1070, Thrustmaster TFRP, G940 Throttle extremely modded with Bodnar 0836X and Bu0836A,

Warthog Joystick with F-18 grip, Oculus Rift S - Almost all is made from gifts from friends, the most expensive parts at least

or have both Side by side and have tablet in landscape

good point, I have decided to do it in portrait mode cause in landscape there is less space (MFCD is square and in landscape there is android status and notify bar) but 2 MFCD on landscape sounds good, i will implement it, thanx

Are you planning to support iOS devices as well ??

INTEL CORE I7 6700K

ASUS ROG MAXIMUS VIII HERO

ASUS ROG GTX1080Ti Strix OC

16GB @ 4100 MHz |CORSAIR

Intel 730 SSD 240GB

Corsair 850 W Modular PSU

Corsair Obsidian 650d

Logitech X-56 HOTAS ,Saitek X-65F HOTAS, Pro Ruder Pedals, Pro Flight Instrument Panel

NP TrackIr 5 Pro

Windows 10 PRO

Also, any chance of being able to export other displays, say the RADAR display in the Eagle?

I think yes it is possible

Finally, glad to see the Android devices getting some DCS love!

Once this project is over, I'd love to see a CDU for Android. ;)

Good point, I prefer to do more sensors in this unpolished style and then concentrate on improvement of each one. Next week I have holiday so I will implement it.

This is great!

As suggestions... After finishing it don't stop at A10C and don't put ads... or at least make one with a decent price but no ads and slim on "access rights".

Ka50 could use one too. :D

other Aps

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.portman.tews (this one I just founded)

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=fr.yeepeekai.dcs.manager

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.portman.panel.uh1h

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.portman.panel

Thanx,

i will not put any ads in this app nor any access rights which are not absolutely necessary. Currently I am planning to release it for free. Only on my web site there will be option for sending donation if you like it.

Hi,

what I am really missing is a CDU app. The display on the upper, keyboard on the lower part of the screen! :)

Maybe include the rotary buttons too.

I tried to bring a snapview to my Tablett, but that seems not to work with viewports an iDisplay.

If it works, I am willing to pay for it.

If you need somebody for testing, I have both nexus 7 tablets here....

Colo

I want this! Ideally want both MFCD on the tablet if possible

When will you be releasing this?

Hi Jetkar

Current status is:

- selectable 2 MFCD in portrait mode

Next week:

- CDU implementation

Early september:

- both MFCD support in landscape mode

Then I will release it (in september) for free.

Later I will post updates for MFCD and CDU improvements.

• Like 1

Hi,

what I am really missing is a CDU app. The display on the upper, keyboard on the lower part of the screen! :)

Maybe include the rotary buttons too.

I tried to bring a snapview to my Tablett, but that seems not to work with viewports an iDisplay.

If it works, I am willing to pay for it.

If you need somebody for testing, I have both nexus 7 tablets here....

Hi,

thanx

CDU support will be freely available on september

i have nexus 7 tablet, do you have some another android tablets ?

Hi Jetkar

Current status is:

- selectable 2 MFCD in portrait mode

Next week:

- CDU implementation

Early september:

- both MFCD support in landscape mode

Then I will release it (in september) for free.

Later I will post updates for MFCD and CDU improvements.

That's great !! :)

I have a question will this work for both single player multiplayer missions and how will the tablet communicate with the PC?

Regards

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Steam ID: Jetkar

Steam Group: 223rd CAS

Join and fly with us on the 223rd CAS Dedicated server

Just picked up an ASUS Memo Pad HD 7 last week. Be happy to test the MFCD and CDU interface for you.

Sound good, i will contact you on september

thanx

That's great !! :)

I have a question will this work for both single player multiplayer missions and how will the tablet communicate with the PC?

I have not tested it in multiplayer, but from the nature how it works I think will

be running also in MP.

There is one "server" application which you install on your PC - it uses one TCP port for sending image and for receiving buttons

On Android there is second application which connects to your PC via Wifi (also via mobile connection is possible but it will be slow) and receive picture and sends buttons over network.

TBH Colo I wish you posted this a day before, as I just order Thrustmaster MFCD linked here

Great hardware Jetkar, you can use still my application for controlling CDU.

BTW I plan to buy this Thrustmaster MFCD too.