Normandy Map Discussion

Lenux

Short missions? That's a relative term when your wee spitfire only has about a hour's fuel...

Mk IX: 434 mi (698 km) on internal fuel

Mk XIV: 460 mi (740 km) on internal fuel

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Supermarine_Spitfire_variants:_specifications,_performance_and_armament

Shorter missions, in terms of a return trip there and back, than if map was bigger, unless want to fly around in circles on a small map.

Did this really need to be explained? LOL

Edited by 56RAF_Talisman

Bell_UH-1 side.png

It will be fine guys, ED is aware that they cant just sit on this initial map, and with a 3rd party doing the WWII maps, I am sure they have their sights set on the future. Me personally, I am looking forward to the units and other aspects of 44 era flight and combat as much as the map. This will get me going.

Yes, there is lots of potential and there are lots of aspects to look forward to :thumbup:

Lots to get excited about :pilotfly:

Looking forward to the 1940's ambience to match the aircraft, the history, the times :)

Happy landings,

Talisman

Bell_UH-1 side.png

It will be fine guys, ED is aware that they cant just sit on this initial map, and with a 3rd party doing the WWII maps, I am sure they have their sights set on the future. Me personally, I am looking forward to the units and other aspects of 44 era flight and combat as much as the map. This will get me going.

All I need to hear is Pacific Theater and I will soil my shorts! But yeah lets get this initial map out there with some solid units and that should hold us for a while. :)

Intel i5-9600K @ 3.7GHz

Gigabyte Z370XP SLI Mobo

G.SKILL Ripjaws V Series 32GB (2 x 16GB) 288-Pin DDR4

GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 2070 8GB 256-Bit GDDR6(Assume the latest driver version)

Thermaltake Water 3.0 Certified Liquid Cooling System

Windows 10 Professional

Oculus Rift-S /TrackIR 5 in case VR dies

Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog w/ Thrustmaster T-Flight Rudder Pedals

Leatherneck are doing PTO maps and aircraft.

Probably not before Normandy is released.

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

Leatherneck are doing PTO maps and aircraft.

I wasn't sure, but I do vaguely recall something on that, so I am partially soiled. I will really lose it if I see some WIP pics. :D

Intel i5-9600K @ 3.7GHz

Gigabyte Z370XP SLI Mobo

G.SKILL Ripjaws V Series 32GB (2 x 16GB) 288-Pin DDR4

GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 2070 8GB 256-Bit GDDR6(Assume the latest driver version)

Thermaltake Water 3.0 Certified Liquid Cooling System

Windows 10 Professional

Oculus Rift-S /TrackIR 5 in case VR dies

Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog w/ Thrustmaster T-Flight Rudder Pedals

I wasn't sure, but I do vaguely recall something on that, so I am partially soiled. I will really lose it if I see some WIP pics. :D

They are working on the F4U Corsair, a Iwo Jima map and PTO ground units. And there will be even more WW2 pacific stuff in the future. ;)

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

I am sure Leatherneck have higher priorities right now - especially after the forum debate about whether they'll manage to get the F-14A/B out before the end of the year has undoubtedly changed their entire outlook on life!

After all, how could they possibly ignore the slightest whim or complaint from this utterly reasonable, and enlightened bunch of torch bearers and pitchfork wielders?

• ED Team
Racoon, can we please have a sub forum with all the newsletters included? Despite my having subscribed to the newsletters I never get the email . I posted about this in the support thread but there was no reply. I am probably not the only person who would like the chance to read the newsletters online.

Are you asking about this thread? http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=151478

I can't help you with subscription except two suggestions:

- check your spam folder for these newsletters, in case you've found them there, add the address to spam filter as trusted adress;

- make a ticket here https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/support/ where ask to check your mail in the database.

• ED Team
Sounds really interesting!:thumbup:

You are using the warehouse system already in DCS, or a new system? Just asking, because I never have seen a mission which is using the current warehouse system and was asking myself if it is not working correct or not very useful to limit availability of weapons?

The same system but with visible convoys that could be destroyed.

The system itself works now.

Can we have Hawker Typhoon to destroy them then please?:D It had a major role in Normandy.

Here you go:

[...]

Hawker Typhoon

[...]

;)

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

• ED Team
truck convoy confirmed, Racoon or only trains?

Can't see any reason to create trains only. Railroads are rare in comparison with roads for trucks.

But this feature is in design stage yet. Don't wait it in near future. Many other things to do.

• Like 1

Oh yeah! That's really great to hear and I can't wait to see it working within missions!!

Justificus

System Specs:

i7 4970K @ 4.8, GTX 1080 SC, 32GB G.Skill DDR 2133,Thermaltake Level 10 Full Tower Case, Noctua NH-D15 6 Cooler, Win 10 Pro, Warthog, CH Pro Pedals, CH Throttle Quadrant, Oculus, 1 32" & 2 19" Monitors

Modules Owned: A-10C I+II, Ka-50, FC3, F-86, Mig-15, Mig21, UH-1H, Mi-8, CA, P-51D, BF-109K-4, FW-190 D-9, Hawk, NTTR, M-2000C, SA342, F-5E, Spit Mk. IX, AJS-37, Normandy, WWII A.P., AV-8B, F/A-18C, L-39, Persian Gulf, Mig-19P, I-16, Super Carrier, F-16, Channel, Syria

That's a project for my childrens and i don't have yet :)

Well, you'd better get on with it. My clock's ticking!

klem

56 RAF 'Firebirds'

ASUS ROG Strix Z390-F mobo, i7 8086A @ 5.0 GHz with Corsair H115i watercooling, Gigabyte 2080Ti GAMING OC 11Gb GPU , 32Gb DDR4 RAM, 500Gb and 256Gb SSD SATA III 6Gb/s + 2TB , Pimax 8k Plus VR, TM Warthog Throttle, TM F18 Grip on Virpil WarBRD base, Windows 10 Home 64bit

Will the warehouse system also be available for scripting? AFAIK currently it is not readable nor accessable per LUA scripting. So it is not possible to add or remove stuff from the warehouse per scripting.

Thanks again Racoon.:)

Deutsche DCS-Flughandbücher

SYSSpecs: i7-4790K @4GHz|GA-Z97X-SLI|16GB RAM|ASUS GTX1070|Win10 64bit|TrackIR5|TM Warthog/Saitek Pro Pedals

Will the warehouse system also be available for scripting? AFAIK currently it is not readable nor accessable per LUA scripting. So it is not possible to add or remove stuff from the warehouse per scripting.

Not just lua but triggers as well, though obviously lua scripting would take the fullest advantage of it. Its been highly desired since the system was first implemented. Suffice to say if we had scripting access to the warehouses the community would have created their own implementations of physical resupply. Not to mention we'd be free to experiment with multiple concepts for such a system.

The right man in the wrong place makes all the difference in the world.

Current Projects:  Grayflag ServerScripting Wiki

Useful Links: Mission Scripting Tools MIST-(GitHub) MIST-(Thread)

SLMOD, Wiki wishlist, Mission Editing Wiki!, Mission Building Forum