F-16 pilot G tolerance

bies

Is increased pilot G tolerance due to inclined seat going to be modeled?

It can be rather important since F-16 relies on high G and turn rate instead of AoA during BFM.

Cheers

Yes it will be, and there is even going to be a system that plugs into your seat, weighting you, an IR scanner, scanning your body shape, correlate the two and reproduce how you would tolerate G's.

Because as you recline the pilot’s seat s/he gains some G tolerance compared to the less reclined seat? So the tolerance should change compared to the Hornet, for instance.

Do you use VR? Do you feel sad when you are just a dismbodied set of eyes floating in the cockpit? Check out my list of paid aircraft modules that support the visible virtual pilot body:

It is possible to adjust the G tolerance for the pilot in each aircraft, so I imagine it will be.

so basically you want ED to make you have a blackout later than on the F/A-18 ? .... you know that G tolerance is also dependent on your fitness level ?

Of course it is, but given the same fitness level, it is true that the sitting position in the Viper will allow for more G tolerance than the Hornet. It makes sense when you think that the Viper was designed as a 9g fighter, and the Hornet was not.

so basically you want ED to make you have a blackout later than on the F/A-18 ? .... you know that G tolerance is also dependent on your fitness level ?

The pilot we have in DCS needs to hit the gym, then. His G tolerance is laughably low.

• Like 1

The one thing I think DCS g lock modeling needs is that over time your ability to not black out when pulling lots of g's degrades. Yes you can probably pull up to 9g's for a couple of turns but after that your bodys ability to resist those kind of forces degrades. It is one thing "that other flight sim" does that is quite realistic imo.

Ever see the beach volleyball scene in Top Gun™? That’s how all of us look, we’re at the peak of fitness and all under 30 again!

SERVICE!

Funny story, resting G tolerance is highly dependent on body composition and individual factors, on average its around 5 G's unaided and without a G strain.

It can be down as low as 3 G's for a tall skinny person, and as high as 8-9 G's for a shorter fatter person. Its all about blood pressure, less about fitness (for your body's natural unaided G tolerance) A short, fat high blood pressure individual will be far less affected by G's than a tall skinny super fit individual.

Women usually have a higher resting G tolerance than men due to the average women being both shorter and having a higher blood pressure than men.

Now Fitness and training all come into play because G's and the G strain are physically taxing, and just because you don't pass out, doesn't mean you can continue to function while under G, but a G strain plus the G suit is sufficient to get the vast majority of individuals in any platform up to 8-9 G's. I don't know how much tolerance the Falcons seat gives compared to the G suit and the G strain, but I'll bet its not more than 1.5 G's. happy for any one who knows what it actually gives to correct me on that.

Edited by KlarSnow

Don't know exactly what the seat being reclined gives in extra tolerance, but I pulled 9.2Gs when I got an incentive ride, and I'll tell ya I was struggling to stay awake!!

My pilot, He was in the front seat humming! :)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

MSI MPG X570 Gaming Plus MOBO||Ryzen 9 3900X 12 Core, 24 Thread Processor || MSI GTX 1070Ti 8GB GPU OverClocked || 32GB GSKILL DDR4 RAM @3600 || Samsung 1TB SSD || Samsung 250GB SSD || WD Caviar Black 2TB HDD || WD Caviar Black 1TB HDD || Thermaltake ToughPower GF1 850W PS || Thermaltake Tower || Windows 10 Pro 64bit || Thrustmaster Warthog and Cougar sticks, throttles and MFDs || Saitek Rudder Pedals || Trackir 5 ||

I hear ya ;)

But in all seriousness - why on earth would they not set up the G tolerance in the same way that they do for other modules, assuming they are not all the same?

How is this coded, in a lua file, or in the modules binary?

There is no reason to change anything G tolerance related. None.

Since the seat is one of a metric shitton of factors and most of them are based on the actual pilot this whole thread is laughable at best.

Next step would be more in shape DLC pilots with a higher g tolerance, :lol:

F-86 has little better G-tolerance than MiG-15 because the G-suit, so it is possible and likely done.

i7-8700k, 32GB 2666Mhz DDR4, 2x 2080S SLI 8GB, Oculus Rift S.

i7-8700k, 16GB 2666Mhz DDR4, 1080Ti 11GB, 27" 4K, 65" HDR 4K.