Audio problems since Steam patch on 9th September

J4CKAL

First of all, I'm new to these forums, so if this thread has been posted in the wrong place then a) sorry about that, and b) I hope a moderator or administrator can move it to the correct place.

So I run the Steam version of DCS (1.5.4) and there was a ~280 MB update on 9th September, presumably something to do with the new A-10C campaign release. Until this point I've never had any problems with the game, but now, when I open up the game, the audio just doesn't work at all.

I've tried messing around with the audio settings - turning everything down to 0 and then back up again, making sure that Windows hasn't muted it for some reason, etc. - but no joy. I've also looked this up on the ED forums and Steam discussions, but the one Steam discussion I could find from someone with the same problem wasn't answered very well and the stuff on the forums related to problems from about 2-3 years ago, nothing current.

Has anyone else using the Steam version had problems since the recent update? Is this perhaps only an issue with the Steam version? If anyone could suggest a fix then I would greatly appreciate it! Really want to get back into my MiG-21 :(

Update on a solution: well, for some reason it seems that the issue is now fixed. I did some more fiddling around with the volume control and going into instant action missions, and was able to hear voices on the radio and very faint exterior sound, but still no cockpit noise or main menu music. After pushing all of the volume controls to max, the music became very faintly audible, but still no cockpit sound. All of the sound I could hear was very faint, too.

However, after then restarting the game, all of the sound suddenly returned to normal again :) strange issue but I'm glad it's sorted. I also hope that this might help anyone else who's run into this odd problem.