Introducing the VPC MongoosT-50

Cyph3r

Have you contacted virpil about this? I wonder what the solution would be that they offer. If the washer solves your issue maybe that has been rectified in other units? I'm curious how my warBRD base will turn out.

The WarBRD is a very different style of gimbal, I don't think it's as susceptible to these small machining errors.

Z...

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Considering that this problem has totally disappeared and my base is one of the first batch (fear the old treadlock!), I'm not entirely sure I want to venture into a cam swap.

Since I fly rotary only, I wonder if the new cams make the T-50 even more neat.

full_tiny.pngfull_tiny.png
full_tiny.png

"Cogito, ergo RIO"
Virtual Backseaters Volume I: F-14 Radar Intercept Officer - Fifth Public Draft
Virtual Backseaters Volume II: F-4E Weapon Systems Officer - Internal Draft WIP

Phantom Phamiliarisation Video Series | F-4E/F-14 Kneeboard Pack

Considering that this problem has totally disappeared and my base is one of the first batch (fear the old treadlock!), I'm not entirely sure I want to venture into a cam swap.

Since I fly rotary only, I wonder if the new cams make the T-50 even more neat.

I've got one of the first T50's, I had absolutely no issues with the came screws. I do wonder if it's more a case of the odd unit being out of spec on the first run?

Z...

No idea.

Any way, considering I realised the issues after more than 6 months, is something really not noticeble unless in some situations. I wonder if the T-50 is not making me too "picky": my old CH Fighterstick had a deadzone of 2-3mm due to tear&wear and I've never bother to change its pots :D

I might drop an email to Mr Cypher, so he's aware of the issue in case it something else and gets worse later.

full_tiny.png

"Cogito, ergo RIO"

What would users recommend for springs/cams/shafts for controlling a helicopter?

I'd like to have no center and the stick to remain where it is when I let go.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Commodore 64 | MOS6510 | VIC-II | SID6581 | DD 1541 | KCS Power Cartridge | 64Kb | 32Kb external | Arcade Turbo

[quoteWhat would users recommend for springs/cams/shafts for controlling a helicopter?

I'm not really sure if that's possible, having a stick stay where you last place it other than center, for any stick. Maybe I'm wrong.

However to answer your other question, IMO by FAR the lightest spring set is the best option for helos so far as constantly having the stick in a place other than center, and the "new" "space" cam, which has very non progressive lines (doesn't get harder as you move away from center), which also has a "no bump" center designed into it. There are pics on the Virpil site of the new cam, I've just seen them recently but can't remember where.

That'd be what I'd do, new cam and softest spring. I'm using the stock cam and softest spring, and it's perfect for jet/prop and works really well for helo for me as well.

Systems

Virpil T50x2,T50CM2x2,Warbrd x2, VFX/Delta/CM2/Alpha/Tm Hornet sticks, VKB GF3, Tm Warthog(many), Modded Cougar, VKB Pedals/MFG Pedals/Slaw Viper RX+109Cam Pedals/Virpil T50+T50CM Throttle/CH Fightersticks/CH Throttles/CH peds, Index x1, Reverb x1

What would users recommend for springs/cams/shafts for controlling a helicopter?

I've been using the lightest spring with the no center cams for helicopters, it wont stay where it is if you let go but holding it in place is virtually effortless with a 15-20cm extension.

Hey mate.

The T-50 can't stay where you leave it, the VKB has something similar AFAIK.

My T50 has soft springs and default cams. Also, the springs are as loose as possible so moving and holding it in place takes literally no effort.

I was thinking about the new Cosmo cams but I play different games as well..

full_tiny.png

"Cogito, ergo RIO"

Adding a few dampers to keep it in place shouldn't be a large mod. Anyway, I'll need to order one first before doing any work haha. Thanks all!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Commodore 64 | MOS6510 | VIC-II | SID6581 | DD 1541 | KCS Power Cartridge | 64Kb | 32Kb external | Arcade Turbo

► Opening of the VIRPIL Controls EU Webstore and Pre-Orders

The VIRPIL Controls team are pleased to announce the readiness of our new store for our EU customers!

https://virpil-controls.eu/

VPC-EUStore_021.png

Purchasing of VPC products will now be much easier, with faster, cheaper and more reliable delivery via DPD. Orders will no longer be required to pass through customs, and instead will be delivered directly to your door. View more delivery information here: https://virpil-controls.eu/delivery-info

Payments will be processed by Braintree payments (a PayPal company). Debit and Credit card payments can be processed directly on our site for convenience. VIRPIL Controls will not see nor store any payment information and it is handled directly by Braintree. We will accept VISA, Mastercard, AMEX and Maestro payment cards, with PayPal activating later this week.

View more payment information here: https://virpil-controls.eu/payment-info

Starting from the 16th April, VIRPIL Controls will have 3 direct trading platforms:

www.virpil.by will initially continue to serve our customers worldwide, however from April 30th it will be changed to serving EurAsEC only.

In addition to the opening of the new EU webstore - on April 16, 2018 pre-orders for the long awaited VPC devices will open as scheduled:

• VPC MongoosT-50 Throttle
  • VPC Constellation Delta Grip
  • VPC WarBRD Base

These products can be pre-ordered with a discount of 10%. All existing VPC MongoosT-50 owners (grip, base or flightstick) will receive an additional 5% discount code for a total discount of 15%. Of course, as always, lucky members of the VPC FC will receive an additional 5% on top as well for a total potential discount of 20%!

All users will automatically receive the 10% pre-order discount. If you are an existing MT-50 owner, please send your order number and serial number to support@virpil.com to receive your additional 5% discount coupon. VPC FC discounts will be calculated automatically at the checkout.

VPCFC members will be required to sign up for a new account on the VIRPIL Controls EU webstore, and contact support@virpil.com to reassign the VPCFC status. Please ensure you use the same email address that you originally signed up to the VPCFC with.

If you experience any issues with the VIRPIL Controls EU webstore - please contact us ASAP support@virpil.com.

To celebrate the launch of our new stores and pre-orders, all VPC products will be 10% off for the next 7 days!

Finally - we would like to present more photos of the VPC MongoosT-50 Throttle, displaying the new knurled throttle lever grips!

MT50Throttle_PreReveal2.png

Thank you for your continued support,

VIRPIL Controls Team

Moin VIRPIL Controls Team,

I have a question: Why were the throttle handles knurled?

Before, the throttle handles looked much more ralistic and high quality!

Something I have seen so far with barbell rods but never with throttle handles, neither in aircraft of the 1940s or newer.

I was very interested in this VPC MongoosT-50 Throttle, but I guess I will not buy it at over 300 EUR with these knurled throttle handles.

Or maybe there will be both variants of the throttle lever handles for the VPC MongoosT-50 Throttle?

I would be glad about an information.

Thank you in advance.

Gruß Amarok

That knurl looks like a cheap sticker. Is it possible to remove it? I have the throttle pre-ordered, but this is first time I see this version with knurl - sorry, not a fan of it

Edited by mdee

Anyone pre-order (or order anything, actually...) with an Amex card? Did it work?

I've sent a message to the support crew, but while I await their response, I'm curious...

Z...

I pre-ordered a warbrd base and a black edition grip. I was going to use my amex card but I'm paying that balance off this month so I decided to use my capital one Master card.

The first time I put it through it was declined. I immediately got an email from capital one asking about the transaction. I approved it via a link in the email then I received another email telling me that if it was declined I should order again. I reordered again and it went through. My order has been saying confirmed for a while now.

I order if they will send those two items together here to the US.

Asus ROG Strix Z790-E | Core i9 13900K-NZXT Kraken X73 AIO | 32GB DDR5 G Skill Neo 6600mhz | 2TB Sk Hynix P41 Platinum nvme |1TB Evo 970 Plus nvme | OCZ Trion 150 960GB | 256GB Samsung 830 | 1TB Samsung 850 EVO | Gigabyte OC 4090  | Phanteks P600S | 1000W MSI  MPG A1000G | LG C2 42 Evo 3840x2160 @ 120hz

When I pre-ordered the throttle I had all kinds of issues with making the payment. I kept e-mail contact with Virpil and eventually everything got sorted out. When I purchased the T-50 last year it went smoother.

I think it's a merchant issue for me - I got this:

"Operation details: Merchant doesn't support payments by this mean type. Please contact Merchant for more information.".

Anyways, I hope VPC can sort it out.

Z...

I think their payment gateway has issues with American Express. It states something like that on the front page of virpil-controls.by but not sure if that was fully resolved. Send them an email and see if they can have you pay by an alternative method.

Asus ROG Strix Z790-E | Core i9 13900K-NZXT Kraken X73 AIO | 32GB DDR5 G Skill Neo 6600mhz | 2TB Sk Hynix P41 Platinum nvme |1TB Evo 970 Plus nvme | OCZ Trion 150 960GB | 256GB Samsung 830 | 1TB Samsung 850 EVO | Gigabyte OC 4090  | Phanteks P600S | 1000W MSI  MPG A1000G | LG C2 42 Evo 3840x2160 @ 120hz

I think their payment gateway has issues with American Express. It states something like that on the front page of virpil-controls.by but not sure if that was fully resolved. Send them an email and see if they can have you pay by an alternative method.

Yeah, did that, waiting... :music_whistling:

I do remember having a similar issue with the T50, which did got sorted out fairly quickly.

Z...

That knurl looks like a cheap sticker. Is it possible to remove it? I have the throttle pre-ordered, but this is first time I see this version with knurl - sorry, not a fan of it

Is it possible to remove?

Gruß Amarok