DCS-SimpleRadio Standalone

Ciribob

Arg I finally made the update few months after my last use and it simply doesn't work :/

I launch SRS, the app appear in the windows bar but nothing is displayed, nothing happen.

My NET framerwork are updated (4.7...) I don't get it, tried to run it as admin etc, nothing

Any idea ?

This addon is so much important, it changes the way multiplayer works, I flying on WW2 server and beeing alone is....not the best idea ! Keep the hard work !

Do you have MSI afterburner running? If so turn that off and try. It crashes SRS when it tries to inject an FPS counter :(

Have a look in the windows error logs in event viewer, should say why it broke in there

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using Tapatalk

Scripts: Complete Transport And Logistics Deployment - CTLD / CTLD Examples - Lots of example of how to use CTLD

CSAR Script - Downed Pilot Rescue / Dedicated Server Script - Automatically launch DCS Multiplayer server at startup

Range Scoring Script - Get scores and counts hits on targets for gunnery or bombs / SimpleSlotBlock - Multiplayer dynamic Slot Blocking Script

Projects: DCS-SimpleRadio Standalone - DCS Radio Integration for All Aircraft - NO TeamSpeak Required! :)

DCS-SimpleRadio Troubleshooting Post / DCS-SimpleRadio Free Support Channel on Discord

Do you have MSI afterburner running? If so turn that off and try. It crashes SRS when it tries to inject an FPS counter :(

Have a look in the windows error logs in event viewer, should say why it broke in there

I don't have MSI afterburner. Just Geforce experience. And I don't get an error, there is just nothing, the application is in the windows bar, but it is just empty, nothing is displayed like it doesn't exist

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

My Youtube Channel

Ryzen 2600 -- GTX980 4Go -- 16Go RAM 3200Mhz -- TM Warthog + Rudder Pedals -- HomeMade trackIR

You'll have to look in the windows error logs and tell me what is says.

Get me on Discord and I can can help more easily: https://discord.gg/baw7g3t

Do you have anything in your clientlogs.txt in the folder where you installed SRS?

Have you reinstalled using the SRS installer the latest version?

Scripts: Complete Transport And Logistics Deployment - CTLD / CTLD Examples - Lots of example of how to use CTLD

CSAR Script - Downed Pilot Rescue / Dedicated Server Script - Automatically launch DCS Multiplayer server at startup

Range Scoring Script - Get scores and counts hits on targets for gunnery or bombs / SimpleSlotBlock - Multiplayer dynamic Slot Blocking Script

Projects: DCS-SimpleRadio Standalone - DCS Radio Integration for All Aircraft - NO TeamSpeak Required! :)

DCS-SimpleRadio Troubleshooting Post / DCS-SimpleRadio Free Support Channel on Discord

Hey Ciribob,

Got an audio device error on a new headset I got.

I got a Steelseries Arctic 5, and I'm having trouble with one of the two devices.

Thea headset is seen logically as two devices to provide a game/chat mix knob.

When selecting the "Chat" version, it works just fine, but when selecting the "Game" output, SRS crashes.

I'd like to be able to use it on the game output for recording purposes.

Anyway, I cleared the log file, launched, selected the device that isn't working, and enabled preview audio, to get the crash in the log.

For your convenience, I've provided what I assume are the most relevant lines.

2018-01-01 04:40:26.8282 | Ciribob.DCS.SimpleRadio.Standalone.Client.Audio.AudioPreview | Error starting audio Output - Quitting! Exception from HRESULT: 0x88890008 System.Runtime.InteropServices.COMException (0x88890008): Exception from HRESULT: 0x88890008
  at System.Runtime.InteropServices.Marshal.ThrowExceptionForHRInternal(Int32 errorCode, IntPtr errorInfo)
  at NAudio.Wave.WasapiOut.Init(IWaveProvider waveProvider) in E:\Dropbox\Dev\DCS\DCS-SRS\NAudio\Wave\WaveOutputs\WasapiOut.cs:line 366
  at Ciribob.DCS.SimpleRadio.Standalone.Client.Audio.AudioPreview.StartPreview(Int32 mic, MMDevice speakers) 

Please see the attached log.

Thanks as always,

Wrench

clientlog.txt

Hey Ciribob,

Got an audio device error on a new headset I got.

I got a Steelseries Arctic 5, and I'm having trouble with one of the two devices.

Thea headset is seen logically as two devices to provide a game/chat mix knob.

When selecting the "Chat" version, it works just fine, but when selecting the "Game" output, SRS crashes.

I'd like to be able to use it on the game output for recording purposes.

Anyway, I cleared the log file, launched, selected the device that isn't working, and enabled preview audio, to get the crash in the log.

For your convenience, I've provided what I assume are the most relevant lines.

2018-01-01 04:40:26.8282 | Ciribob.DCS.SimpleRadio.Standalone.Client.Audio.AudioPreview | Error starting audio Output - Quitting! Exception from HRESULT: 0x88890008 System.Runtime.InteropServices.COMException (0x88890008): Exception from HRESULT: 0x88890008
  at System.Runtime.InteropServices.Marshal.ThrowExceptionForHRInternal(Int32 errorCode, IntPtr errorInfo)
  at NAudio.Wave.WasapiOut.Init(IWaveProvider waveProvider) in E:\Dropbox\Dev\DCS\DCS-SRS\NAudio\Wave\WaveOutputs\WasapiOut.cs:line 366
  at Ciribob.DCS.SimpleRadio.Standalone.Client.Audio.AudioPreview.StartPreview(Int32 mic, MMDevice speakers) 

Please see the attached log.

Thanks as always,

Wrench

Hi Wrench,

Sorry for the slow reply.

I've looked at the logs and googled around

That error is "Unspecified media error" which isn't very helpful.... :(

I cant see why it wouldnt work - the Channel count and Sample rate for both inputs are the same, and to all intents and purposes are the same!

I have seen some weird issues with that headset before, it doesn't seem to like WASAPI, which is a newer audio output that I use. Most programs use WaveOut which is a bit older (from XP days and higher latency but sometimes has better driver support.

As a weird test, i'd try changing the sample rate but unfortunately without a headset to test I can't debug further.

If you get anywhere - or it randomly works, try getting me on the Discord here https://discord.gg/Hb7rYey

Ciribob - Wanted to circle back with you as I know that you and I had quite a bit of back and forth on your Discord trying to get my SRS set up (recall that I was having issues with the Preview Audio function not working, despite eventually learning that my SRS TX/RX functioned properly in normal use).

During troubleshooting of another mod for DCS (VAICOMPRO), I couldn't get the "Chatter" add-in to work although Windows showed it as playing audio. So on a whim I decided to uninstall the Soundblaster Z audio software to see if that would fix my issue. Sure enough that fixed the problem I had with that mod, and fixed the issue you and I could never solve.

I wanted to thank you again for all of your help and pass this bit of info along, in case it came up again with another user. Might be useful for your playbook. Cheers!

VR Cockpit (link):

Custom Throttletek F/A-18C Throttle w/ Hall Sensors + Otto switches | Slaw Device RX Viper Pedals w/ Damper | VPC T-50 Base + 15cm Black Sahaj Extension + TM Hornet or Warthog Grip | Super Warthog Wheel Stand Pro | Steelcase Leap V2 + JetSeat SE

VR Rig:

Pimax 5K+ | ASUS ROG Strix 1080Ti | Intel i7-9700K | Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Master | Corsair H115i RGB Platinum | 32GB Corsair Vengeance Pro RGB 3200 | Dell U3415W Curved 3440x1440

Ciribob - Wanted to circle back with you as I know that you and I had quite a bit of back and forth on your Discord trying to get my SRS set up (recall that I was having issues with the Preview Audio function not working, despite eventually learning that my SRS TX/RX functioned properly in normal use).

During troubleshooting of another mod for DCS (VAICOMPRO), I couldn't get the "Chatter" add-in to work although Windows showed it as playing audio. So on a whim I decided to uninstall the Soundblaster Z audio software to see if that would fix my issue. Sure enough that fixed the problem I had with that mod, and fixed the issue you and I could never solve.

I wanted to thank you again for all of your help and pass this bit of info along, in case it came up again with another user. Might be useful for your playbook. Cheers!

Thank you very much for letting me know!

Thats great to hear you're sorted :thumbup:

I think the bug you had is the weirdest bug I've ever seen - Even windows says there is audio... but there is none. Dammit Soundblaster! :D

Strange error

Hi!

After updating to 1.4.5 I can no longer hear any audio (or be heard) in SR. Connection with DCS works fine and the radio overlay shows correct frequencies and green "lamp" when transmitting. Other players connected to the same SR server had no issues. I have been using previous version of SR without any problems before.

Any ideas?

2018-01-05 15:28:37.8076 | Ciribob.DCS.SimpleRadio.Standalone.Client.Network.TCPVoiceHandler | Error with VOIP TCP Connection on port 5003 Reconnecting 
2018-01-05 15:28:37.8076 | Ciribob.DCS.SimpleRadio.Standalone.Client.Network.ClientSync | Disconnecting from server 
2018-01-05 15:28:37.8076 | Ciribob.DCS.SimpleRadio.Standalone.Client.Network.TCPVoiceHandler | Failed to decode audio from Packet 
2018-01-05 15:28:37.8076 | Ciribob.DCS.SimpleRadio.Standalone.Client.Network.ClientSync | Client exception reading - Disconnecting  System.IO.IOException: Det gick inte att läsa data från transportanslutningen: En blockeringsåtgärd avbröts av ett anrop till WSACancelBlockingCall. ---> System.Net.Sockets.SocketException: En blockeringsåtgärd avbröts av ett anrop till WSACancelBlockingCall
  vid System.Net.Sockets.NetworkStream.Read(Byte[] buffer, Int32 offset, Int32 size)
  --- Slut på stackspårning för interna undantag ---
  vid System.Net.Sockets.NetworkStream.Read(Byte[] buffer, Int32 offset, Int32 size)
  vid System.IO.StreamReader.ReadBuffer()
  vid System.IO.StreamReader.ReadLine()
  vid Ciribob.DCS.SimpleRadio.Standalone.Client.Network.ClientSync.ClientSyncLoop() 
System.Net.Sockets.SocketException (0x80004005): En blockeringsåtgärd avbröts av ett anrop till WSACancelBlockingCall

Hi!

After updating to 1.4.5 I can no longer hear any audio (or be heard) in SR. Connection with DCS works fine and the radio overlay shows correct frequencies and green "lamp" when transmitting. Other players connected to the same SR server had no issues. I have been using previous version of SR without any problems before.

Any ideas?

2018-01-05 15:28:37.8076 | Ciribob.DCS.SimpleRadio.Standalone.Client.Network.TCPVoiceHandler | Error with VOIP TCP Connection on port 5003 Reconnecting 
2018-01-05 15:28:37.8076 | Ciribob.DCS.SimpleRadio.Standalone.Client.Network.ClientSync | Disconnecting from server 
2018-01-05 15:28:37.8076 | Ciribob.DCS.SimpleRadio.Standalone.Client.Network.TCPVoiceHandler | Failed to decode audio from Packet 
2018-01-05 15:28:37.8076 | Ciribob.DCS.SimpleRadio.Standalone.Client.Network.ClientSync | Client exception reading - Disconnecting  System.IO.IOException: Det gick inte att läsa data från transportanslutningen: En blockeringsåtgärd avbröts av ett anrop till WSACancelBlockingCall. ---> System.Net.Sockets.SocketException: En blockeringsåtgärd avbröts av ett anrop till WSACancelBlockingCall
  --- Slut på stackspårning för interna undantag ---
  vid System.IO.StreamReader.ReadBuffer()
  vid System.IO.StreamReader.ReadLine()
  vid Ciribob.DCS.SimpleRadio.Standalone.Client.Network.ClientSync.ClientSyncLoop() 
System.Net.Sockets.SocketException (0x80004005): En blockeringsåtgärd avbröts av ett anrop till WSACancelBlockingCall

Can you post full logs on Discord here? Also check sticky there for complete list of info to help debug.

https://discord.gg/baw7g3t

Quick things to try, make sure the server is also on the latest version and you've opened the two ports you need (used to be just one!) On the server machine

Check you can hear yourself with preview audio to make sure audio input and output are configured correctly

I've noticed that on couple of occasions, you've recommended not using MSI afterburner.

Don't know if this is a rule of thumb, but I've never had issues with it and SR. I even use GPU/CPU Temp and Usage + FPS meter shown on-screen while in game

'Shadow'

Everybody gotta be offended and take it personally now-a-days

I've noticed that on couple of occasions, you've recommended not using MSI afterburner.

Don't know if this is a rule of thumb, but I've never had issues with it and SR. I even use GPU/CPU Temp and Usage + FPS meter shown on-screen while in game

For some it's fine, others not. It tried to inject and FPS counter into the radio window and causes a directx error. It will do this to any WPF based .net program as WPF uses directx under the hood.

Usually if the radio fails to open, it's the culprit but of it works fine for you, as it does for others, that's great :)

It's not consistent enough for me to recommend not using it either

Mine is fine after updating to the newest MSI afterburner. It was a culprit before.

Little OT, unfortunately the afterburner now causing random crashes with ACR Origin no matter what version.

Mastering others is strength. Mastering yourself is true power. - Lao Tze

We were flying really low in the mountains last night and we found that the line of sight feature was maybe working a bit too well. Being less than half a mile behind my leader, I was loosing comms as soon as he was on the other side of a ridge, no matter whether I was using UHF or FM. In UR you have a graceful degradation of the comms and I think this takes into account not just line of sight but also distance and type of frequency used. Is it the case for SR? I feel like as soon the line of sight is lost, transmission is cut off no matter the distance or radio band used.

We were flying really low in the mountains last night and we found that the line of sight feature was maybe working a bit too well. Being less than half a mile behind my leader, I was loosing comms as soon as he was on the other side of a ridge, no matter whether I was using UHF or FM. In UR you have a graceful degradation of the comms and I think this takes into account not just line of sight but also distance and type of frequency used. Is it the case for SR? I feel like as soon the line of sight is lost, transmission is cut off no matter the distance or radio band used.
The line of sight feature will degrade, but the amount may well need tweaking

Logic goes if no line of sight

Check 20,40,60,80,100 meter offset from player position in height

The offset check simulates Fresnel effect (bending of radio waves around object) so if you're just below the ridge you can hear, but if you're deep in it, you won't.

Would love someone who's got some IRL radio experience to do a fly in and help tweak it at some point :)

Edited by Ciribob

As I understand it freq does not necessary effect travel through free space but does effect object penetration and the size of both receiving and receiving antennae. So flying low and being masked by terrain will often result in the loss of effective 2 way comms with the size of antenna used (especially helos) no matter the transmission band.

SIGBLOCK.png

Hi there,

wanted to test this great looking program, but got the same error as another user a year ago i think

2018-01-07 18:50:00.5607 | Ciribob.DCS.SimpleRadio.Standalone.Client.Audio.AudioPreview | Error starting audio Output - Quitting! Die COM-Klassenfactory für die Komponente mit CLSID {F447B69E-1884-4A7E-8055-346F74D6EDB3} konnte aufgrund des folgenden Fehlers nicht abgerufen werden: 80040154 Klasse nicht registriert (Ausnahme von HRESULT: 0x80040154 (REGDB_E_CLASSNOTREG)). System.Runtime.InteropServices.COMException (0x80040154): Die COM-Klassenfactory für die Komponente mit CLSID {F447B69E-1884-4A7E-8055-346F74D6EDB3} konnte aufgrund des folgenden Fehlers nicht abgerufen werden: 80040154 Klasse nicht registriert (Ausnahme von HRESULT: 0x80040154 (REGDB_E_CLASSNOTREG)).
  bei NAudio.Dmo.DmoResampler..ctor() in E:\Dropbox\Dev\DCS\DCS-SRS\NAudio\Dmo\ResamplerMediaObject.cs:Zeile 36.
  bei NAudio.Wave.ResamplerDmoStream..ctor(IWaveProvider inputProvider, WaveFormat outputFormat) in E:\Dropbox\Dev\DCS\DCS-SRS\NAudio\Wave\WaveStreams\ResamplerDmoStream.cs:Zeile 31.
  bei NAudio.Wave.WasapiOut.Init(IWaveProvider waveProvider) in E:\Dropbox\Dev\DCS\DCS-SRS\NAudio\Wave\WaveOutputs\WasapiOut.cs:Zeile 347.
  bei Ciribob.DCS.SimpleRadio.Standalone.Client.Audio.AudioPreview.StartPreview(Int32 mic, MMDevice speakers) 

This happens when i connect to a server and when i test own audio... :(

Media Feature Pack is installed and Framework 4.6.2 is installed...

is there any solution to this?

Greetings

Wayan

As I understand it freq does not necessary effect travel through free space but does effect object penetration and the size of both receiving and receiving antennae. So flying low and being masked by terrain will often result in the loss of effective 2 way comms with the size of antenna used (especially helos) no matter the transmission band.
The loss would not be "instantenous", though. Depending on wavelength it will degrade and sooner or later be cut off.

Especially the degredation is interesting, as it can be countered a little bit, by deactivation of squelch.

What is requested here is to implement the degradation, so you can.recognize the masking happening and counter it, by gaining a couple meters altitude to restore LOS.

Shagrat

- Flying Sims since 1984 -:pilotfly:

Win 10 | i5 10600K@4.1GHz | 64GB | GeForce RTX 3090 - Asus VG34VQL1B  | TrackIR5 | Simshaker & Jetseat | VPForce Rhino Base & VIRPIL T50 CM2 Stick on 200mm curved extension | VIRPIL T50 CM2 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Plus/Apache64 Grip | MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals | WW Top Gun MIP | a hand made AHCP | 2x Elgato StreamDeck (Buttons galore)

The loss would not be "instantenous", though. Depending on wavelength it will degrade and sooner or later be cut off.

Especially the degredation is interesting, as it can be countered a little bit, by deactivation of squelch.

What is requested here is to implement the degradation, so you can.recognize the masking happening and counter it, by gaining a couple meters altitude to restore LOS.

As I said - literally this is implemented :)

The transmission will get quieter out of line of sight to simulate the fact you're getting reflections or radio waves bent round the obstacle. I can't tell the thickness of the obstacle so it's assumed that any obstacle is impenetrable. Not a bad assumption as radio waves are not going to go through a mountain at the UHF and VHF frequencies :)

The amount of signal loss may need tweaking, depending on how far off of line of sight you are you get it for longer or over a bigger degree of offset.

There's a long post somewhere here explaining the implementation in more detail.

If anyone wants to pitch in, or give me some exact details / algorithm of how much power is lost depending on how far off line of sight you are etc it would be greatly appreciated.

Power loss over distance is implemented as well and that is based on the frequency of the transmission. Also a longer post back in this thread giving implementation and equation used

It's open source for a reason :)

Edited by Ciribob

The line of sight feature will degrade, but the amount may well need tweaking

Logic goes if no line of sight

Check 20,40,60,80,100 meter offset from player position in height

The offset check simulates Fresnel effect (bending of radio waves around object) so if you're just below the ridge you can hear, but if you're deep in it, you won't.

Would love someone who's got some IRL radio experience to do a fly in and help tweak it at some point :)

OK, thanks. It is nice to know this LOS feature is more than a 0/1 logic and you do take into account the Fresnel effect. I guess we have to run a specific test session for this. The environment of our last mission was not very favorable to radio transmissions as we had to fly deep and low to avoid being shot by the Osa units sitting on top of some mountains.

OK, thanks. It is nice to know this LOS feature is more than a 0/1 logic and you do take into account the Fresnel effect. I guess we have to run a specific test session for this. The environment of our last mission was not very favorable to radio transmissions as we had to fly deep and low to avoid being shot by the Osa units sitting on top of some mountains.
No worries :)

Not sure of the easiest way to test really, I guess side by recordings with Comms and a TacView?

I've tested by simulating the values but I'd really appreciate any pilot input as I've just done it on gut feeling really as I can't find any hard numbers.

I did used to work in radio transmissions for internet, and radios are really a black art. They never go where you'd expect! You can get some amazing unexpected reflections but simulating that is a step too far :)

Hi Ciribob,

I've been trying to get SRS set up for my group but have been running into a strange issue with the server. When I launch the server I get a windows error saying that the program has stopped working and windows will close the program, if I click on the close program button or x out of the error window I will get about a minute before the server actually closes, in this time I am able to click on all the buttons and change settings that are then saved. The only hing I have not been able to do in this minute or so is to get a client to connect to it. I am running Windows 10.

The server logs are below and are from a newly downloaded and clean reinstalled, install.

2018-01-10 17:02:55.1534 | Ciribob.DCS.SimpleRadio.Standalone.Server.Network.ServerState | Unable to read banned.txt System.IO.FileNotFoundException: Could not find file 'E:\Program Files\DCS-SimpleRadio-Standalone\banned.txt'.
File name: 'E:\Program Files\DCS-SimpleRadio-Standalone\banned.txt'
  at System.IO.__Error.WinIOError(Int32 errorCode, String maybeFullPath)
  at System.IO.FileStream.Init(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, Int32 rights, Boolean useRights, FileShare share, Int32 bufferSize, FileOptions options, SECURITY_ATTRIBUTES secAttrs, String msgPath, Boolean bFromProxy, Boolean useLongPath, Boolean checkHost)
  at System.IO.FileStream..ctor(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, FileShare share, Int32 bufferSize, FileOptions options, String msgPath, Boolean bFromProxy, Boolean useLongPath, Boolean checkHost)
  at System.IO.StreamReader..ctor(String path, Encoding encoding, Boolean detectEncodingFromByteOrderMarks, Int32 bufferSize, Boolean checkHost)
  at System.IO.StreamReader..ctor(String path, Encoding encoding)
  at System.IO.File.InternalReadAllLines(String path, Encoding encoding)
  at Ciribob.DCS.SimpleRadio.Standalone.Server.Network.ServerState.PopulateBanList() 
2018-01-10 17:02:55.1939 | Ciribob.DCS.SimpleRadio.Standalone.Server.Network.ServerSync | Server Listen error: Only one usage of each socket address (protocol/network address/port) is normally permitted System.Net.Sockets.SocketException (0x80004005): Only one usage of each socket address (protocol/network address/port) is normally permitted
  at System.Net.Sockets.Socket.DoBind(EndPoint endPointSnapshot, SocketAddress socketAddress)
  at System.Net.Sockets.Socket.Bind(EndPoint localEP)
  at Ciribob.DCS.SimpleRadio.Standalone.Server.Network.ServerSync.StartListening() 
2018-01-10 17:02:55.1939 | Ciribob.DCS.SimpleRadio.Standalone.Server.UI.MainWindow.MainViewModel | DCS-SRS Server Running - 1.4.5.0 
2018-01-10 17:02:55.2109 | Ciribob.DCS.SimpleRadio.Standalone.Server.Network.TCPVoiceRouter | VOIP Listener INIT 
2018-01-10 17:02:55.2574 | Ciribob.DCS.SimpleRadio.Standalone.Server.Network.TCPVoiceRouter | VOIP Listener Binding to 50021 
2018-01-10 17:03:03.6185 | Ciribob.DCS.SimpleRadio.Standalone.Common.UpdaterChecker+<CheckForUpdate>d__2 | Running Latest Version: 1.4.5.0 
2018-01-10 17:03:04.0805 | Ciribob.DCS.SimpleRadio.Standalone.Server.Network.TCPVoiceRouter | VOIP Listener Shutdown Requested 

I have created a banned.txt and it solved the first error message about it not being present but that was it.

Any insight into this would be appreciated.

Thanks

-Josh

Hi Ciribob,

I've been trying to get SRS set up for my group but have been running into a strange issue with the server. When I launch the server I get a windows error saying that the program has stopped working and windows will close the program, if I click on the close program button or x out of the error window I will get about a minute before the server actually closes, in this time I am able to click on all the buttons and change settings that are then saved. The only hing I have not been able to do in this minute or so is to get a client to connect to it. I am running Windows 10.

The server logs are below and are from a newly downloaded and clean reinstalled, install.

2018-01-10 17:02:55.1534 | Ciribob.DCS.SimpleRadio.Standalone.Server.Network.ServerState | Unable to read banned.txt System.IO.FileNotFoundException: Could not find file 'E:\Program Files\DCS-SimpleRadio-Standalone\banned.txt'.
File name: 'E:\Program Files\DCS-SimpleRadio-Standalone\banned.txt'
  at System.IO.__Error.WinIOError(Int32 errorCode, String maybeFullPath)
  at System.IO.FileStream.Init(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, Int32 rights, Boolean useRights, FileShare share, Int32 bufferSize, FileOptions options, SECURITY_ATTRIBUTES secAttrs, String msgPath, Boolean bFromProxy, Boolean useLongPath, Boolean checkHost)
  at System.IO.FileStream..ctor(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, FileShare share, Int32 bufferSize, FileOptions options, String msgPath, Boolean bFromProxy, Boolean useLongPath, Boolean checkHost)
  at System.IO.StreamReader..ctor(String path, Encoding encoding, Boolean detectEncodingFromByteOrderMarks, Int32 bufferSize, Boolean checkHost)
  at System.IO.StreamReader..ctor(String path, Encoding encoding)
  at System.IO.File.InternalReadAllLines(String path, Encoding encoding)
  at Ciribob.DCS.SimpleRadio.Standalone.Server.Network.ServerState.PopulateBanList() 
2018-01-10 17:02:55.1939 | Ciribob.DCS.SimpleRadio.Standalone.Server.Network.ServerSync | Server Listen error: Only one usage of each socket address (protocol/network address/port) is normally permitted System.Net.Sockets.SocketException (0x80004005): Only one usage of each socket address (protocol/network address/port) is normally permitted
  at System.Net.Sockets.Socket.DoBind(EndPoint endPointSnapshot, SocketAddress socketAddress)
  at System.Net.Sockets.Socket.Bind(EndPoint localEP)
  at Ciribob.DCS.SimpleRadio.Standalone.Server.Network.ServerSync.StartListening() 
2018-01-10 17:02:55.1939 | Ciribob.DCS.SimpleRadio.Standalone.Server.UI.MainWindow.MainViewModel | DCS-SRS Server Running - 1.4.5.0 
2018-01-10 17:02:55.2109 | Ciribob.DCS.SimpleRadio.Standalone.Server.Network.TCPVoiceRouter | VOIP Listener INIT 
2018-01-10 17:02:55.2574 | Ciribob.DCS.SimpleRadio.Standalone.Server.Network.TCPVoiceRouter | VOIP Listener Binding to 50021 
2018-01-10 17:03:03.6185 | Ciribob.DCS.SimpleRadio.Standalone.Common.UpdaterChecker+<CheckForUpdate>d__2 | Running Latest Version: 1.4.5.0 
2018-01-10 17:03:04.0805 | Ciribob.DCS.SimpleRadio.Standalone.Server.Network.TCPVoiceRouter | VOIP Listener Shutdown Requested 

I have created a banned.txt and it solved the first error message about it not being present but that was it.

Any insight into this would be appreciated.

Thanks

-Josh

The error is that the server port is in use, so something else is already on 5002 or 5003

Try editing the server.cfg file and picking a higher port like 5012 and trying again

If you use 5012 you also need to open 5013 as SRS always uses two ports, one above the one set in the cfg file and the one set in the cfg file :)

I cant make SR work. I use it with FC3 aircrafts and SR radio stay always in unkown with non Freq shown. I erased all the .lua were not SR related, I erased the line of SR in export.lua, then made a clean install. I never got SR work. I was connected to a server with the same version, the last one.

This work for FC3?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]