VAICOM PRO plugin for VoiceAttack

Hollywood_315

Here I upload the CSV spanish diccionary in case someone want to use it in spanish. Even the english words are pronounced in English, but a way to make the Spanish voice recognition program to be read them when talking in "english". Can now be imported with the new import function in the diccionary area, so other users can make it work in their languages and share!

Would be interesting to have the option to merge diccionaries, en case of future functionabilities.

Thanks!

Japo32

And how do you integrate this into the database and be recognized by the editor of Vaiconpro?

I say this because I had the same base and I lost it when I had to reinstall the VAICOM program.

On the other hand, where is the key to import and I only see the export in the editor tab ?.

Thanks in advance

It seems I solved my issue.

I reseted my VAICOM lua files using the VAICOM UI RESET button.

Now I push and hold my PTT button, say my command, release my PTT and push and release once again to instantly send my command in DCS.

Is it the good way to use VAICOM PRO ?

Corei7 2600K 4.4Ghz OC - NVIDIA GTX 1080 Ti 11Gb - 16 Gb DDR3

HP Reverb PRO HMD - Thrusmaster TWCS + TopGun Stick

+++ multi language support +++

+++ multi language support +++

multilanguage_orig.png

Latest plugin release 2.5.8.4 now has a full dictionary import/export function. meaning it is now also ready to support other languages.

(Microsoft Speech Recognition is available in English (US/UK), French, Spanish, German, Japanese, Simplified Chinese, and Traditional Chinese).

Using the plugins keywords editor, users can translate the default keyword dictionary to their language and export their .csv file for backup and sharing with the community.

So, wanted: translators! :D

People already did a great job with tackling Spanish spain_orig.png

Check out dictionaries by @Japo32, @Mosqui and Spanglish/Latino by @ofcross

http://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/search/?q=vaicom&s=Search

If you are inspired to share your keywords dictionary translation (French? German, anyone?),

make sure to upload your .csv export file to ED's User Files section with a 'VAICOM' tag added so people will easily be able to find it.

http://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/

Of course let me know and I will share the links here also. Happy translating!

All the best,

Hollywood

Edited by Hollywood_315

There is no spoon.

Avatar_old_80x80.gif.0c105925ce4b9f5b87697ea37cbde317.gif

VAICOM PRO plugin for DCS World

www.vaicompro.com

Unspecified recipient called

I have installed VIACOM PRO and set up a PTT but all I get is "Unspecified recipient called: using default unit for this category" no matter what I do. Anyone? Thanks

EDIT (still not working but): So hilarious! While trying to get this working I said "ATC Request Take Off" and it came back with "ATC Request a Cough". Yes, Im actually getting over a cold. LOL This was corrected by going through the voice recognition tutorial. Forgot I had rebuilt my OS and needed to do that again.

FIXED My Issue: After reading the manual again I remembered I had moved and renamed the DCS install directory to my new NVMe drive without the version "2.5.4" in the name. I decided to scrub the registry and correct all old paths and reboot. That fixed it for me. I'm so excited!

Capture.PNG.83e64142852e8544a99500e3637dd10a.PNG

Edited by Cobrahjh
Issue Fixed

after installing the latest update, I cant get it to work at all in DCS. When im not running DCS, I hear the beep and I see it recognizes what I am saying. In-game I do hear a beep, but nothing happens. I have tried changing the go to from "active window" to "dcs world", still no beeps. I am sure there are many things I could have wrong, but any suggestions?

I do start as "administrator", I have downloaded latest versions of both voice attack and the dcs vaicom plugin. I want to try a complete uninstall and reinstall.

\\\\\\\\\\\\\\update//////////// on FAQ on ViacomPro page, there is a link to a youtube video about this issue. He suggest deleting the export lua in the saved games script folder. This fixed it.... Very excited to have it back....

Edited by Shotgun Dexter

@jasonbirder No worries mate.

@Kariyann71 Almost, PM incoming.

@mosqui For Import press the small round arrow button.

@Japo32 Great job! That function is already there, import lets you choose between replace or add (i.e merge).

Thanks very much for you help

Not sure if this is the correct place to put this question. A few of the new campaigns now use 'Press space bar to move on' type thing.

How can I use a comm switch through Vaicom to press space bar? I've tried using the Auto command (TX4) in Vaicom on my warthog without luck, I've also tried just adding a new command, again without luck. Is there a way to do it with reaching for my keyboard each time? Apologies if it's been asked before.

Cheers

Les

MSI M5 z270 | Intel i5 7600k (OC) 4.8GHz | MSI GTX1080ti Gaming X 11Gb | 500gb Samsung 970 Evo NVME M.2 (DCS World) | 500gb Samsung 850 Evo SSD (OS and Apps) | 32Gb 2400MHz DDR4 - Crucial Ballistix | Be Quiet Silent Loop 240mm | NZXT H440 case |

Thrustmaster Warthog - 47608 with Virpil Mongoose joystick base | MFG Crosswinds - 1241 | Westland Lynx collective with Bodnar X board | Pilot's seat from ZH832 Merlin | JetSeat | Oculus Rift S | Windows 10 | VA |

Hey Les - shouldn't that be a piece of proverbial cake? Not sure what could go wrong here

* Add a simple new VA command that sends spacebar when you say Hurry Up

* Use any TX

* Done

Let me know what's the snag

Grtz

Hollywood

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

There is no spoon.

Avatar_old_80x80.gif.0c105925ce4b9f5b87697ea37cbde317.gif

VAICOM PRO plugin for DCS World

www.vaicompro.com

Hello there!

Here is my version of the CSV SpanGlish diccionary. Take note that this version contains words in Spanish-Latino-Slang (From Mexico to Argentina) as well others in "English" that Windows-voice recognition Spanish system understand without the need for a translation (that's why it's Spanglish)

https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/3303529/

Viacom keywords SPANGLISH.zip

:pilotfly:

Edited by ofcross

SOOOO Frustrating!

I just can't seem to get this working. I purchased the pro with chatter and the only thing I can get this thing to recognize consistently is "ATC request engine start up". This is after doing 4 rounds of the Windows speech trainer and yes I'm pausing after PTT and articulating the words clearly.

Chatter doesn't seem to be working at all, I don't hear anything outside of the norm which makes me wonder if the vaicom plugin is even working at all. pressing the "0" key has no effect.

Also, i noticed with the free version I would say something like "ATC", pause and hear a little beep and then proceed with my command. Now I get nothing. I tried resetting everything in Vaicom control panel and that didn't help either.

This is what I get in the window on startup:

5:55:37 PM - Plugin 'VAICOM PRO 2.5' initialized.

5:55:37 PM - Ready for commands.

5:55:37 PM - Startup finished.

5:55:37 PM - The keywords database was updated: apply FINISH steps to update the VA profile.

5:55:37 PM - Alias absent from profile: Jiroft for Jiroft Airport

5:55:37 PM - Alias absent from profile: Al Ain Airport for Al Ain International Airport

5:55:37 PM - No new DCS modules to import.

5:55:37 PM - Success.

5:55:37 PM - Building master labels table...

5:55:37 PM - Building master keywords table...

5:55:37 PM - Adding 0 imported menu commands.

5:55:37 PM - Adding 0 imported ATC aliases.

5:55:37 PM - Loading F10 menu items...

5:55:37 PM - Loading keywords database...

5:55:37 PM - Updating keywords database...

5:55:37 PM - Checking VA profile.

5:55:37 PM - DCS World version 2.5 OpenBeta not found.

5:55:37 PM - 4/5 DCS-side files were updated.

5:55:37 PM - Reset: TabSheetBar.lua

5:55:37 PM - Reset: speech.lua

5:55:37 PM - Reset: RadioCommandDialogsPanel.lua

5:55:37 PM - Reset: VAICOMPRO.export.lua

5:55:37 PM - Unchanged: Export.lua

5:55:37 PM - Saved Games folder = C:\Users\Zeus\Saved Games\DCS

5:55:37 PM - DCS World installation path = C:\Program Files\Eagle Dynamics\DCS World

5:55:37 PM - Using Registry entry for 2.5

5:55:37 PM - DCS World installation found: version 2.5

5:55:37 PM - Executing automatic lua code installation.

5:55:37 PM - License: PRO

5:55:37 PM - Plugin version 2.5.8.4 (release)

5:55:37 PM - Initializing..

5:55:37 PM - Press LCtrl+LAlt+C for config.

5:55:37 PM - VAICOM PRO for DCS World. License: PRO

5:55:36 PM - Plugin support enabled.

@quag Nothing to see in the log. Use the command phrases from the manual (ref tables), check page 15 and download the chatter dll from the website.

@ofcross @mosqui Awesome, nice job! :thumbup:

Thanks. I’ll take a peek at the manual commands. I already installed the extension for chatter and it just doesn’t seem to be working. I really feel like something is wrong here because everyone is raving about this product and at this point I can’t see why. I’m having to repeat commands 3 to 5 times in most cases and many times the when I do get a response, it’s the wrong one. Im trying simple commands that should be easily recognizable and I’m getting a 50% correct response at best. The commands I’m using are as follows:

Awacs: Request bogey dope (worked maybe twice)

AWACS: Request vector to bandit (works about 1/10 attempts but usually cues wrong response- flight attack bandits)

AWACS: request vector to bullseye (works maybe 3/5 attempts)

2: radio check (doesn’t work)

2: rejoin formation (3/5 times)

2: cover me (3/5 times)

2: pincer low (always pincers left no matter how clearly I say it)

I’m using the Oculus and as I’ve said I have run the windows speech recognition over 4 times now. Is there anything else i can do to improve voice recognition?

Edited by killerquagmire

Hey Les - shouldn't that be a piece of proverbial cake? Not sure what could go wrong here

* Add a simple new VA command that sends spacebar when you say Hurry Up

* Use any TX

* Done

Let me know what's the snag

Grtz

Hollywood

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Yeah, not sure what happened. It works now, although only when I press the comms button and not when I say Hurry up (or whatever). Now my problem is I can’t get the Config window open!!! Keyboard shortcuts are on. Any ideas? Cheers

Edited by mr_mojo97

MSI M5 z270 | Intel i5 7600k (OC) 4.8GHz | MSI GTX1080ti Gaming X 11Gb | 500gb Samsung 970 Evo NVME M.2 (DCS World) | 500gb Samsung 850 Evo SSD (OS and Apps) | 32Gb 2400MHz DDR4 - Crucial Ballistix | Be Quiet Silent Loop 240mm | NZXT H440 case |

Thrustmaster Warthog - 47608 with Virpil Mongoose joystick base | MFG Crosswinds - 1241 | Westland Lynx collective with Bodnar X board | Pilot's seat from ZH832 Merlin | JetSeat | Oculus Rift S | Windows 10 | VA |

Everything in the profile seems to work at the mo. I’ll try loading it again though

EDIT. ok that did it. I also seem to get missing squelch sounds on the odd occasion even on TX1 and TX2!

Edited by mr_mojo97

+++ Random Friday Tips +++

Ever wondered how you can get your AI wingman to fly in really tight formation?

Try using the 'Close Group' voice command.

:pilotfly:

Thanks for the tip!

Don B

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | i9 9900k CPU @ 5.1 GHz | Gigabyte 4090 OC | 64 GB Corsair Vengeance 3200 MHz CL16 | Corsair H150i Pro Cooler |Virpil CM3 Stick w/ Alpha Prime Grip 200mm ext| Virpil CM3 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Base w/ Alpha-L Grip| Point Control V2|Varjo Aero|

OK, I need a bit of help. I just updated to 2.5.8 and got the usual "need to finish" command line. I do the CTL, ALT, C, open profile, double click AI Communications, then CTL A, then Delete, then CTL V and hit ok which closed the edit screen for the AI line. Here is where it gets strange: sometimes the apply button works, and sometimes it doesnt but no matter which, the next time I open VA, I get the same command line that "needs to finish. Any ideas? I see something similar above, but I tried the export LUA thing and that made no difference.

System Specs: System Specs: MSI Tomahawk Z590 wifi, I9 11900K Processor, 64gb Corsair Vengance 3600mhz ram, 3080 Nvidia Video Card, Windows 11 Pro, 2 Samsung NVMe SSD (2tb and 1 tb), Valve Index VR system

I continue to investigate my double press to send commands issue and I see in the VaicomPanel that I’m in easycomm mode while in DCS easycomm option is disabled.

Unfortunately I don’t know how to disable the option in VaicomPro.

Could someone help me please ?

Corei7 2600K 4.4Ghz OC - NVIDIA GTX 1080 Ti 11Gb - 16 Gb DDR3

HP Reverb PRO HMD - Thrusmaster TWCS + TopGun Stick

Hi @Kariyann71 - does your "Vaicom panel" correctly identify the aircraft/module you are flying?

if not, there are quite a few posts on this thread that relate to what appears to be the same issue. #872 might be a good place to start.

Also, if its the F18 that you are flying, post #793 might be of interest.