Red Flag 7, Banshee 3 Flares problem

Quip

Hey

So in mission 7 there's a big problem.

When I reach WP4 and report on station, Banshee 3 is supposed to drop flares over the enemy positions. The problem is that they go back to WP1 before starting their attack, so I have to wait for 15-30 min for them to get the job done.

I have reflown the mission several times so I know it's not a fluke.

See images.

BDMMMC1.png.52aed5219521b3e9c01a7decdaf307ed.pngBDMMMC2.png.81fdcd5078385546864ff628d52823db.pngBDMMMC3.png.b754e6d490d84ff5bfb827acb584b6d8.pngBDMMMC4.png.f5c82308c830ce2cffc0b3ac964234d6.png

There are more problems related to Banshee 3.

Once the mission is over, no one really returns to WP6 and 7 (Truck stop), so the debrief never happens.

This means I'm not able to contact approach either so I get stuck.

I would really suggest you skip Banshee 3 as real AI and replace them with scripted Flares in Zone...

Here's my current mission. Look at the "game time". I *just* got the debrief. Look where Banshee 3 is hanging.

BDMMMC5.png.9824304920b091d0a5af858ab3b47164.png

Yeah that is my thinking - to replace the flares with generated ones.

Although we can now just tell the polot to use NVGs :P

DON*T DO THAT! I love the fact that you 1. built the limitations of the game into the mission (I'll explain what I often do) and 2. that we don't have them in the pitch black night mission.

I often tell people when they fly with one or more wingmen that if the wingman doesn't know how to do a certain thing you just treat that like a systems failure; "I can't use the Mav's properly on the AV8B" = "OK, Two has a Mav malfunction, what do I do now?". It help relieve the stress from everybody flying the mission to always know how to do everything, it allows for learning and it keeps the mission going.