Su-27: Can't fire missiles

Doc3908

Hi everyone,

I'd appreciate some help: I few days ago I reinstalled DCS and all my modules. Ever since, when I go up in the Su-27, I can't fire any missiles without first pressing LeftAlt+W: The radar is on, so is the EOS. Well within range - 10km or less (even as little as -3-4km) - and the target it locked. Before the re-install, under similar conditions, the "ПР" (launch authority) symbols would appear and the missile can be fired by squeezing the trigger for a second or two. Now, none of the missiles will fire - not the R27ER, not the R27ET, not the R73. The "ПР" symbols never appear until I press LeftAlt+W - then I can fire. The gun, however, works just fine (even without pressing LeftAlt+W)...

Is this a bug? Is there some key that represents a safety switch that is somehow being turned on automatically now? What am I doing wrong?

Any suggestions are very much appreciated.

Doc

Are you locking friendly targets? You will not get launch permission when locking them with radar.

Thanks, BlackPixxel, but it's not that - definitely bandit F-15s. I'll reinstall later today and see what happens.

Reinstalled the Su-27 (got a prompt today to "install Su-27 and F-15C" - don't know what that was all about...), and things seem back to normal now. Whatever it was seems to have resolved itself with the reinstallation. Thank you all for your help. Moderator, please feel free to close this thread.