Introducing the VPC MongoosT-50

Cyph3r

Okay, and the pitch / roll / are assigned already, i guess, right ??

I9 12900k@ 5 GHz | 32 GB DDR4 | Asus ROG  Strix Z690-A Gaming Wifi d4| RTX 3090 | 6 TB SSD + 8 TB HDD | 4K Samsung Q90R 55" | VKB MK III PRO L | Virpil Throttle MONGOOST-50 | MFG Crosswind | TrackIR5

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

When is this utility due to be available and what will it's capabilities be? Will it use a scripting language like the Cougar or Warthog?

I don't have any solid information on the utility just yet, but we definitely want to hear what people would want from it!

Okay, and the pitch / roll / are assigned already, i guess, right ??

Typically yes, but these are also very easy to assign yourself.

► Website: www.virpil.com // ► Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/VirPilControls // ► Twitter: https://twitter.com/VirPilControls

For support please email support@virpil.com to open a ticket!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I don't have any solid information on the utility just yet, but we definitely want to hear what people would want from it!

With all due respect, your answer indicates that the software is much further away than the 'near future'.

A configuration utility should be a selling point, not an after thought.

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

With all due respect, your answer indicates that the software is much further away than the 'near future'.

A configuration utility should be a selling point, not an after thought.

The software is created by mega mozg as I've previously mentioned. The functionality will of course share a lot of the huge configurability behind MMjoy2 and obviously the version we release will not be the final version. Like all of our products, we want to know what people want from it.

The fact we've had mega mozg from the beginning should let you know that our configuration software is certainly not an afterthought :)

Edited by Cyph3r

► Website: www.virpil.com // ► Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/VirPilControls // ► Twitter: https://twitter.com/VirPilControls

For support please email support@virpil.com to open a ticket!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

MMjoySetup (for Arduinos with MMjoy2 firmware) allow set deadzones, axis resolution, invert axis, adjust axis curves, buttons profile, buttons mode... ( similar to VKB DevCfg or Kreml F2/F2 - another Russian made USB joystick controller), this adjusts is saved in controller EPROM and not in software running in games background, what means no extended keyboard emulation with scripts like CH or Tm softwares.

I have seen a couple of comments comparing the Virpil gymbal to a Warthog, I had a Warthog for 5 years and while it did the job there is a siginificant difference between the 2.

By way of explanation the center notch on the Warthog makes good close formation extremely difficult if you are in trim. I used to fly out of trim to stay out of the center notch. Unfortunatley not possible in a FBW M2K. My Warthog did the job and of the Sticks you can buy from your local retailer or Amazon it is by far the best, but it suffers from a center notch and a slight sticktion problem.

The Virpil base is a completely different animal it is way superior I have the 2 dot soft center Cam and medium springs and it is a joy to use. Helo Hovering and close formation are a joy. A2G targeting with dumb sights similarly easy.

The only other product comparable is the VKB gunfighter. They are both great products I meant to do a Video today but got caught up playing on Blue Flag and the 99th with some of my fellow 16agr squad.

I will try and pop a comparo Video up tomorrow, but I will say right now that I like them both and they both have their merits.

Virpil has on the fly adjustment, takes a standard Warthog stick top, has a great stick top already out, can be used with various extensions out there for the Warthog.

VKB gunfighter has a smaller neater gymbal package which may make a difference, the gymbal has a friction adjuster so you can make the stick like a Helicopter and just sit where you leave it. You can use a Warthog sticktop but you need to take it apart and put an adapter in it.

Overall 2 great products both have their plusses and honestly there are no real minuses I would happily virtually fly with either of them and both are a good step up from a Warthog if you enjoy precision virtual flying.

I forgot there is one slight minus neither are cheap

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Edited by WindyTX

I7 3930 4.2GHz ( Hyperthreading Off), GTX1080, 16 GB ddr3

Hotas Warthog Saiteck Combat Pedals HTC Vive, Oculus CV1.

GTX 1080 Has its uses

That's a pretty good run down right there, I think. I'm hoping to come up with some sort of temporary mounting scheme for the Mongoos this weekend so I can give it a good test fly. As I said earlier, it's meant to go into a simpit, so use with the current setup was never the intention, but I'm just too excited and really want to give it a test run.

I'll likely also buy the VBK int he future, basically use it for Helo/centre mount, and the Virpil and side mount (int he same pit). Going to be interesting to work out how to switch, an dI'm still working out where the actual PC will go, but it should be a fun project!

And, in theory, it'll fold into a coffee table to avoid too many rolling eyes by the little lady...

Z...

I have seen a couple of comments comparing the Virpil gymbal to a Warthog, I had a Warthog for 5 years and while it did the job there is a siginificant difference between the 2.

By way of explanation the center notch on the Warthog makes good close formation extremely difficult if you are in trim. I used to fly out of trim to stay out of the center notch. Unfortunatley not possible in a FBW M2K. My Warthog did the job and of the Sticks you can buy from your local retailer or Amazon it is by far the best, but it suffers from a center notch and a slight sticktion problem.

The Virpil base is a completely different animal it is way superior I have the 2 dot soft center Cam and medium springs and it is a joy to use. Helo Hovering and close formation are a joy. A2G targeting with dumb sights similarly easy.

The only other product comparable is the VKB gunfighter. They are both great products I meant to do a Video today but got caught up playing on Blue Flag and the 99th with some of my fellow 16agr squad.

I will try and pop a comparo Video up tomorrow, but I will say right now that I like them both and they both have their merits.

Virpil has on the fly adjustment, takes a standard Warthog stick top, has a great stick top already out, can be used with various extensions out there for the Warthog.

VKB gunfighter has a smaller neater gymbal package which may make a difference, the gymbal has a friction adjuster so you can make the stick like a Helicopter and just sit where you leave it. You can use a Warthog sticktop but you need to take it apart and put an adapter in it.

Overall 2 great products both have their plusses and honestly there are no real minuses I would happily virtually fly with either of them and both are a good step up from a Warthog if you enjoy precision virtual flying.

The only reason I bought the Virpil Base is because I already own a Warthog of which I dislike the gimbal.

So in my case going with Virpil is cheaper than VKB because I only need the base. I can't wait to receive it im so impatient :) Glad that my gutfeeling is not letting me down and this piece of hardware is gonna be upper tier just like VKB :)

Edit: funny how things go though.. My logitech G940 Pedals which i took the centering spring out from started spiking for which after long deliberation I opted for the MFG crosswinds. Afterwards I bought the thrustmaster warthog solely for its throttle because my logitech 940 throttle broke down as well. The warthog stick was gathering dust while I kept flying helo's with forcefeedback untill I started playing the A10-C. Wouldve been weird NOT using the f16 hotas in its entirety while flying the hog. Since then I got Milans 12 cm extension for the warthog stick and while it was a considerable improvement and flying helo's with the trim to center method grew on me, it still felt subpar. Hopefully now my setup will be as best as it can be :) the price difference makes up for not having axis friction adjusters though. I hope :)

Edited by kingpinda

What about the Dual-stage Trigger ?

Could that be annoying ?

I9 12900k@ 5 GHz | 32 GB DDR4 | Asus ROG  Strix Z690-A Gaming Wifi d4| RTX 3090 | 6 TB SSD + 8 TB HDD | 4K Samsung Q90R 55" | VKB MK III PRO L | Virpil Throttle MONGOOST-50 | MFG Crosswind | TrackIR5

Its the same as the Warthog dual stage. No bother at all and cool with the F5 as the doors open on the 1st stage

GTX 1080 Has its uses

A dual stage trigger is great, if present, since it works hand in hand with aircraft that support such a configuration. However, with decent configuration software, a single stage trigger, along with another button controlling a shift state, can effectively duplicate what a dual stage trigger does. Perhaps, not as well, but adequately.

I will say that if all else were equal, I would prefer to purchase a stick with a dual stage trigger. It is far easier to ignore (not use) a feature than it is to try and replicate it with combinations of buttons.

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

I never used TM Warthog or some other joysticks with dual stage

Does it affect the aiming ?

I never used TM Warthog or some other joysticks with dual stage

Does it affect the aiming ?

Not at all. The movement from the first 'click' to the second requires minimal force from a single finger. This does not impact the position of the hand/wrist at all.

Okay, thank you again, cichlidfan

Got her all set up now. Hopefully not too much longer, should get to spend some quality time with it over the next three to four days... everything checking out great in windows, looking smooth!

Ahhhhhh. That looks so nice. Cant wait. Soon ill have 2 of these.

LH grip with Warthog base for the left hand and the T50 Base with RH grip for the centermount.

This will give so sexy pics:)

And. Cypher. As soon as we get info on the Throttle and pedals probably more Virpilgear on and under my desk:)

I think I have settled on 175mm for my extension.

Nice thing about the extension kit, it comes with three that can be interconnected - 50mm, 75mm, and 100 mm. Allows for good customizing for stick length.

IMG_0571.thumb.JPG.3b1581852c1a3deff10eec9940241e94.JPG

Don B

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | i9 9900k CPU @ 5.1 GHz | Gigabyte 4090 OC | 64 GB Corsair Vengeance 3200 MHz CL16 | Corsair H150i Pro Cooler |Virpil CM3 Stick w/ Alpha Prime Grip 200mm ext| Virpil CM3 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Base w/ Alpha-L Grip| Point Control V2|Varjo Aero|

I think I have settled on 175mm for my extension.

Nice thing about the extension kit, it comes with three that can be interconnected - 50mm, 75mm, and 100 mm. Allows for good customizing for stick length.

---:thumbup:Nice connection and cool rudder pedals(what brand?)

At your own risk be careful not to get into the threads. Another poster rocked it from side to side to get it loose but mine would not, move this was my last resort.

Also when you put the new one into position make sure it is nicely lined up so you dont cross thread the small screws putting them in.

Hope this is helpful.2e1f254e9e2c55245f034a3a3891c9b5.jpg

I ended up removed it with pliers.

But from what I see from your photo the cam is not "polished", unlike the default one.

Do you have any smoothness issuse with these cams?

Mine is great no problems whatsoever very smooth and precise. I started with pliers but it would not budge.

GTX 1080 Has its uses

Rock it side to side and it will come out. Btw, it's only hard to put it in first time, second time it goes almost like a butter lol - I've took my joystick apart what must be 4-5 times already playing around with cam/spring combinations and will do more tests when I get my missing springs and replacement cams in... It gets easier and faster with each time.

One thing I did notice, in either Windows calibration or DCS - are you guys able to deflect pitch axis all the way up/down? Mine never seems to be able to get to the edge, no matter what spring I use and how much I tighten/free it up. Roll axis is just as it should, it's just as if I'm hitting mechanical limit on pitch axis slightly before I should...