MAC (Modern Air Combat) Discussion

LCUChap2016

Take for example when the PFMs were made. The opportunity to sell each plane individually with PFM probably allowed them add AFM to the missiles. While it may not have made the missiles perfect, it is ground work for the future, like what happened with AIM-7 and next R-27 with CFD and autopilot

Black Shark Den Squadron Member: We are open to new recruits, click here to check us out or apply to join! https://blacksharkden.com

E3FFFC01-584A-411C-8AFB-B02A23157EB6.jpeg

...being a VR pilot...

Pity View Centering (button 5) does not seem to be mapable as it is quite needed when my headset suffers from gyro drift.

Set view centring in the UI Layer section. Does the same as Num5, for VR.

Kneeboard Guides

Rig: Asus B650-GAMING PLUS; Ryzen 7800X3D ; 64GB DDR5 5600; RTX 4080; VPC T50 CM2 HOTAS; SN-1 Pedals; VR = Pico 4 over VD Wireless + Index; Point Control v2

Where is the MAC update?

Development Report #2

We had hoped to share more information about Modern Air Combat (MAC) this week, but the information wasn’t quite ready.

This was 5 newsletters ago. Did I miss smth? How long does it take to write down 5 lines of what has been done in the last year with some WIP screens? Sometimes its better not to tease people, if you can't deliver. ED please improve your communication strategy! ;-)

Edited by CTR
replaced unicode smily

[sigpic][/sigpic]

Flanker driver since 1996

ECM weaknesses?

Limitations / Strengths of the specific systems employed by the various aircraft represented in the package given their model and year of service introduction.

It's all relative but accurate representation even if we get simplified operation of said systems.:thumbup:

Limitations / Strengths of the specific systems employed by the various aircraft represented in the package given their model and year of service introduction.

It's all relative but accurate representation even if we get simplified operation of said systems.:thumbup:

I’m excited for MAC, but don’t expect things to change on the ECM front for many years. There is just no reliable documents that point out their strengths and weaknesses. And just doing it by the newest plane wins is probably not the way ED wants to do it. I would be happy if they add something like false target deception, but we’re basically stuck with the noise jamming we have. I think the noise jamming does have different ranges depending on who’s doing the locking

Black Shark Den Squadron Member: We are open to new recruits, click here to check us out or apply to join! https://blacksharkden.com

E3FFFC01-584A-411C-8AFB-B02A23157EB6.jpeg

After dipping my toes into the DCS FC world - I too am excited for MAC and what it will bring.

Hope there are also a good compliment of training missions for different aircraft to help. Find them quite useful on the Su25 and 27.

Also like how well DCS runs on my system with VR and it looks like ED are on a good path with future engine developments. Just have to learn how to use the systems effectively in combat instead of panic and going locked up when my warning systems go off. LOL

• 3 weeks later...

I think they decided to expand quite a bit on the original concept and that has pushed it back.

Don B

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | i9 9900k CPU @ 5.1 GHz | Gigabyte 4090 OC | 64 GB Corsair Vengeance 3200 MHz CL16 | Corsair H150i Pro Cooler |Virpil CM3 Stick w/ Alpha Prime Grip 200mm ext| Virpil CM3 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Base w/ Alpha-L Grip| Point Control V2|Varjo Aero|

I mean, we got a trailer, a few vague news/infos about it and that's it.

What happened to it? Any news?

It got cancelled.

Really....

Yes, really....

No, it didn't.....

i7-8700k, 32GB 2666Mhz DDR4, 2x 2080S SLI 8GB, Oculus Rift S.

i7-8700k, 16GB 2666Mhz DDR4, 1080Ti 11GB, 27" 4K, 65" HDR 4K.

Oh. :huh:

I thought you meant me.:music_whistling:

Nevermind.

The Hornet is best at killing things on the ground. Now, if we could just get a GAU-8 in the nose next to the AN/APG-65, a titanium tub around the pilot, and a couple of J-58 engines in the tail...

They need to update the cockpits and models of a whole lot of aircraft before they can release a AAA game.

Will they update the cockpits ??

I9 12900k@ 5 GHz | 32 GB DDR4 | Asus ROG  Strix Z690-A Gaming Wifi d4| RTX 3090 | 6 TB SSD + 8 TB HDD | 4K Samsung Q90R 55" | VKB MK III PRO L | Virpil Throttle MONGOOST-50 | MFG Crosswind | TrackIR5

• 3 weeks later...

No answer, guys?

What will be the difference between FC 3 and MAC ?

I9 12900k@ 5 GHz | 32 GB DDR4 | Asus ROG  Strix Z690-A Gaming Wifi d4| RTX 3090 | 6 TB SSD + 8 TB HDD | 4K Samsung Q90R 55" | VKB MK III PRO L | Virpil Throttle MONGOOST-50 | MFG Crosswind | TrackIR5

• ED Team
No answer, guys?

What will be the difference between FC 3 and MAC ?

We will share more news when the team are ready.

Currently the team are working to complete all features.

thanks

Edited by BIGNEWY

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

We will share more news when the team are ready.

Currently the team are working to complete all features currently.

thanks

Well, we have some news... and it kindof makes me feel like Flaming Cliffs might be being abandoned... there are basic quality of life features such as being able to change the settings for the cluster bombs (even prior to the mission would be nice) and fixing things broken in updates.

I was also somewhat hoping that MAC would pave the way for medium fidelity models for aircraft like the Su-17 or newer aircraft... and it might... but I do wonder if the 'action' focus will lead to a loss of underlying realism... cockpits do not have to be clickable to have sensor modelling... but the 'action' settings for the Ka-50 and other modules have removed many of the system limitations in addition to simplifying controls (and thus made the aircraft overpowered).

• 2 weeks later...
  • ED Team
MAC doesn't appear to be marketed toward the bleeding-edge realism the rest of DCS is geared for. It'll be interesting to see how it shakes out.

Nope, it is not, it's for lower learning curves, and quicker to the action, and less about procedures and by the book.

64Sig.png
Forum RulesMy YouTube • My Discord - NineLine#0440• **How to Report a Bug**

1146563203_makefg(6).png.82dab0a01be3a361522f3fff75916ba4.png  80141746_makefg(1).png.6fa028f2fe35222644e87c786da1fabb.png  28661714_makefg(2).png.b3816386a8f83b0cceab6cb43ae2477e.png  389390805_makefg(3).png.bca83a238dd2aaf235ea3ce2873b55bc.png  216757889_makefg(4).png.35cb826069cdae5c1a164a94deaff377.png  1359338181_makefg(5).png.e6135dea01fa097e5d841ee5fb3c2dc5.png