DCS: Mi-24P - What we know + Discussion

MrDieing

Can't wait to fly together with Ka-50 as team of mass destruction :D

Hopefully they will upgrade old and poooooooor Kamov's avionics too. This landmower is very outdated in regards of self defence or night time attacks.

Reminder: Fighter pilots make movies. Bomber pilots make... HISTORY! :D | Also to be remembered: FRENCH TANKS HAVE ONE GEAR FORWARD AND FIVE BACKWARD :D

ಠ_ಠ

• 3 weeks later...
I dont like ka50 anymore, there is too much workload for a single person. An experimental helicopter, no more. This is the reason why Russia adopted the mi28 and the ka52 instead.

Mi24 does not have such a drawback.

Once you love the KA-50 long time, you will realise that she is just about right for the helicopter revolution..... not quite, but just about!

KA-50 will swallow the MI-24 whole and spit out the pips..... this is Klar.

• Like 1

HP G2 Reverb, Windows 10 VR settings: IPD is 64.5mm, High image quality, G2 reset to 60Hz refresh rate as standard. OpenXR user, Open XR tool kit disabled. Open XR was a massive upgrade for me.

DCS: Pixel Density 1.0, Forced IPD at 55 (perceived world size), 0 X MSAA, 0 X SSAA. My real IPD is 64.5mm. Prescription VROptition lenses installed. VR Driver system: I9-9900KS 5Ghz CPU. XI Hero motherboard and RTX 3090 graphics card, 64 gigs Ram, No OC at the mo. MT user  (2 - 5 fps gain). DCS run at 60Hz.

Vaicom user. Thrustmaster warthog user. MFG pedals with damper upgrade.... and what an upgrade! Total controls Apache MPDs set to virtual Reality height with brail enhancements to ensure 100% button activation in VR.. Simshaker Jet Pro vibration seat.. Uses data from DCS not sound.... you know when you are dropping into VRS with this bad boy.

I dont like ka50 anymore, there is too much workload for a single person. An experimental helicopter, no more. This is the reason why Russia adopted the mi28 and the ka52 instead.

Mi24 does not have such a drawback.

I respect your opinion. I still think Ka-50 single pilot must be a project for the future. Probably the versatility in heavy combat is not the best field for this version but have such helicopter with a single pilot is for me a must have. Maybe the ka-50 was too ahead for the time. Actually with the new Russian avionic could become a real serie production

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I respect your opinion. I still think Ka-50 single pilot must be a project for the future. Probably the versatility in heavy combat is not the best field for this version but have such helicopter with a single pilot is for me a must have. Maybe the ka-50 was too ahead for the time. Actually with the new Russian avionic could become a real serie production

Do you realize that you can, with the datalink, spot targets, mark them on your ABRIS, then very easily plan and program an attack-route - that does or doesn't even fly you into the enemies engagement areas.

Then hit "Rout follow" and just ride along and do the gunning.

I personaly do not think the KA-50 has a too big work-load for a single pilot.

Sertanly not when it's not flown by a single pilot, but as part of a data-linked squadron of pilots, as it is supposeed to do.

It is truly an amazing piece of military hardwear.

"Your pumping days are over, Megatron!" -Optimus Prime

"This calls for a very special blend of psychology and extreme violence" -Vyvian

I don't think the Mi-24P has a data link at all. They were talking about workload on the ka-50, which is a hell of a lot lower than on the A-10C.

For the Hind, I expect workload to be much higher than the Ka-50, probably similar to the Gazelle. This is due to the missile targeting system not auto tracking, weaker autopilot and general flight characteristics of the bird. This might be partially offset with an AI autopilot, but I don't have high hopes for such things.

Regardless, can't wait to get my hands on it. Out of all the aircraft in development, I look forwards to it the most.

System specs: i5-10600k (4.9 GHz), RX 6950XT, 32GB DDR4 3200, NVMe SSD, Reverb G2, WinWing Super Libra/Taurus, CH Pro Pedals.

So fare can tell from the Sources don't how far they are correct, with introduce of the MI-24D on the right Side under the Belly they mount a FLIR and a low Light TV Camera.

Where such things displayed in a MI-24? Directly in to the Missile aiming View? Meantime there is no Monitor in the Cockpit.

Once you have tasted Flight, you will forever walk the Earth with your Eyes turned Skyward.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

9./JG27

Once you love the KA-50 long time, you will realise that she is just about right for the helicopter revolution..... not quite, but just about!

KA-50 will swallow the MI-24 whole and spit out the pips..... this is Klar.

Maybe IRL but it is just barely combat capable with 1 pilot and only with realistic and very ergonomic cockpit and devices of an actual helo.

I am not sure if the Mi-24P have RWR. probably this sensor was included in Mi-35M first serie.

Yeah. As far as my limited research is concerned, the P model didn't have the famous SPO-15 on the top of the canopy frame. Nor anywhere for that matter, I think it came with later variants. But as always I'm happy to be proven wrong here.

DCS: MiG-23

[sIGPIC]

[/sIGPIC]

Make it happen, and take my money! :D

Yeah. As far as my limited research is concerned, the P model didn't have the famous SPO-15 on the top of the canopy frame. Nor anywhere for that matter, I think it came with later variants. But as always I'm happy to be proven wrong here.

So far I read and can tell the Shark Antenna over the Gunner Canopy Frame is the SRO-1P Parol IFF Transponder.

And the late MI-24P in the 80's get the SPO-15, visual by the round Housings behind the Cockpit. Picture labelled NVA MI-24P, NVA is long time History smile.gif

But we will see what version we get from Belsimtek, properly the Soviets how decided witch MI-24 get the SPO-15 in the ex Warsaw Pact Forces.

1061830370_mi24-101.jpg.df7cc75c90b2ddd3e7ba9c0e2c734913.jpg

Once you have tasted Flight, you will forever walk the Earth with your Eyes turned Skyward.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

9./JG27

Just discussing some topics in the wing. We hope the MI-24 will be a version with night fighting capability, beside the Gazelle, there is no helicopter that can do night fighting in a meaningful sense within DCS.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Commodore 64 | MOS6510 | VIC-II | SID6581 | DD 1541 | KCS Power Cartridge | 64Kb | 32Kb external | Arcade Turbo

Just discussing some topics in the wing. We hope the MI-24 will be a version with night fighting capability, beside the Gazelle, there is no helicopter that can do night fighting in a meaningful sense within DCS.

Only NVGs for night fighting, and that's it for Mi-24P

Acer Aspire E5-571G-713W/Intel® Core™ i7-4510U 2.0-3.1GHz/12 GB DDR3 L Memo/NVIDIA® GeForce® 820M 2 GB/1000 GB HDD

• 2 weeks later...

I'm a bit concerned about the amount of the anti-tank missiles the Mi-24P can carry.

According to the source below "up to 12 anit-tank missiles" -> Shturm - AT-6 Spiral's. Even the Ataka AT-9 missiles (primarily carried by the Havoc) but without any reference to how many:

http://www.airforce-technology.com/projects/hind/

The second source here below states that only 4 Shturm missiles can be carried; 2 on each of the wingtips OR the outer pylons. Doesn't make any mention of the Ataka missiles which is not my first concern:

http://weaponsystems.net/weaponsystem/FF01+-+Mi-24+Hind.html

So it's either 4 or 12. Well that's like saying the first can go out and hunt 2-3 vehicles while the second one can take out a whole airbase and its defences! I hope for the latter in this case.

cold war 1947 - 1991.jpg

Cold War 1947 - 1991                                       Discord
Helicopters Tournaments
Combined Arms Tournaments

You can help me with keeping up the server via PayPal donations: hokumyounis@yahoo.com

The "Hind-E" carried two hard points for these missiles at the wing endplates. Experiments were conducted around 1986 to increase the firepower of the Mi-24V by doubling the number of missiles attached to the wing tips and also by hanging under the outboard wing pylons double racks that could carry four additional missiles each (they were probably the same type of rack as that fitted to the Ka-29). Therefore, a Mi-24V in that configuration could carry up to 16 anti-tank missiles! We hardly dare to imagine the devastation that a single squadron equipped like that could, at least theoretically, have inflicted on the armored forces of NATO... However, we do not know to what extent that weapon configuration had been implemented at the unit level. The fact is that such a configuration was observed at least partially in the GDR, as shown in the photo above left. The usual configuration, however, was limited to two missiles attached to the wing tips (four missiles in total), sometimes augmented by two additional missiles attached to double racks under each outer wing pylon (eight missiles in total).

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

9./JG27

I've been assuming a max of 8x 9K114 Shturm (AT-6) missiles with 2 mounted on each tip pylon (AT only) and another pair on each of the middle pylons. The inner most pair of pylons cannot carry missiles as far as I'm aware. I've seen pics with the quad missile racks instead of the standard pair, but I'm not sure if that's an option on all Hinds or just modified/modern ones.

System specs: i5-10600k (4.9 GHz), RX 6950XT, 32GB DDR4 3200, NVMe SSD, Reverb G2, WinWing Super Libra/Taurus, CH Pro Pedals.

For me RWR is must have, just cant buy if no RWR. I favor cold war gone hot scenarios , sam's / shilkas here and there etc... so please give us chopper with RWR :joystick:

Oculus CV1, Odyssey, Pimax 5k+ (i5 8400, 24gb ddr4 3000mhz, 1080Ti OC )

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

For me RWR is must have, just cant buy if no RWR. I favor cold war gone hot scenarios , sam's / shilkas here and there etc... so please give us chopper with RWR :joystick:

According the source here the Mi-24P does have some RWR. However it doesn't state which one:

http://weaponsystems.net/weaponsystem/FF01+-+Mi-24+Hind.html

cold war 1947 - 1991.jpg

Cold War 1947 - 1991                                       Discord
Helicopters Tournaments
Combined Arms Tournaments

You can help me with keeping up the server via PayPal donations: hokumyounis@yahoo.com

Most likely a later field modification gone somewhat official. It all depends on what kind of Mi-24P we are getting, a late or an early one.

DCS: MiG-23

[sIGPIC]

[/sIGPIC]

Make it happen, and take my money! :D