Wishlist

reece146

"Pie in the sky" wishlist stuff I'd imagine but since it's one of my favourites in DCS I'd like to see:

* More fuel payload: http://yak-aviation.com/fueltanks..html

* NS430 integrated into the dash like the L39, C101, Mi8 (top right, bolted to the top of the scuttle?).

* Ability to change ADF frequencies from the cockpit but with the engine powered off. The idea is to "simulate popping out the freq board to change a few frequencies" just before take off but not having to set anything up in the mission editor - ad hoc free flight kinda thing - something you can do when landed and refueling - use that menu perhaps?

* Luminous and/or modernised gauges, maybe add on fixed cockpit lighting. I'm happy enough with the gauges we have - just wish they were backlit or luminous.

Before anyone gets into "but the model we have never had those features" that doesn't mean that aircraft aren't changed/upgraded over their lifespan and this isn't like adding AAMRAMs to the F5. :) If you don't like the add-on don't use it.

Happy flying!

• Like 2

About cockpit lighting... IRL some of them have this lighting - all the radio and navigation control units (at least in our plane we had lamps inside their control units - in VHF radio control unit we had red lamps and in all others, including SPU - yellow. Also all the gauges with last letter "К" in their name in theory also may have lighting (red light), but I do not remember were they really backlighted on the Yak-52 or do they need to be lighted an external light source in the cockpit like in Yak-18T. If not - I d like to have a pilot flashlight with red filter, not only white one and dimmable - currently it is too bright and only.

What is important, that landing gear and flaps lams are dimmable/brightable IRL (but you have to manually rotate individually every red, yellow and green filter covering the lamp, like here) if I remember this properly.

We also need an external electricity source we can couple to the plane (there is a green lamp flashing on the left side of the plane in this case)

Edited by Toriy

"Pie in the sky" wishlist stuff I'd imagine but since it's one of my favourites in DCS I'd like to see:

* More fuel payload: http://yak-aviation.com/fueltanks..html

* NS430 integrated into the dash like the L39, C101, Mi8 (top right, bolted to the top of the scuttle?).

* Ability to change ADF frequencies from the cockpit but with the engine powered off. The idea is to "simulate popping out the freq board to change a few frequencies" just before take off but not having to set anything up in the mission editor - ad hoc free flight kinda thing - something you can do when landed and refueling - use that menu perhaps?

* Luminous and/or modernised gauges, maybe add on fixed cockpit lighting. I'm happy enough with the gauges we have - just wish they were backlit or luminous.

Before anyone gets into "but the model we have never had those features" that doesn't mean that aircraft aren't changed/upgraded over their lifespan and this isn't like adding AAMRAMs to the F5. :) If you don't like the add-on don't use it.

Happy flying!

NS430 would be nice indeed.

Concerning lights, i wonder how much effort it would be to also add simple external lights, like you see as retrofit on many yaks in real life. Unfortunately this would also require the switches to be added to the cockpit. Or maybe just hook the externals up to the generator... (?)

More fuel would be so good... I installed the mod for better trees and textures (Cacausus) last night and I did a flight taking off from Kutaisi and zooming up and down the valleys east-south-east of the airport.

Actual time "playing" wasn't long enough relative to the total flight including transit time. I guess I'll have to lay out some marsden farps or something to get closer.

That's easy enough to do yourself - it's just a jpg in the kneeboard directory. If you search around there are instructions in the forum.

What would be cool is the ability to slide peices of paper into the slots on the right side of the cockpit that had technical info like frequencies and such written on them. That's more difficult because I think that requires a whole custom cockpit to achieve. Doable but more involved than throwing a jpg in a directory.

This is assuming that is what those slots are for. I have no idea. Ha!

That's easy enough to do yourself - it's just a jpg in the kneeboard directory. If you search around there are instructions in the forum.

Yes, but it requires me to know all the set frequencies of the mission beforehand. A lot of other modules (including BST/ED modules) have an automatic export to the kneeboard, which would just be convenient and - as it is around for so many other modules - supposedly not too hard.

That is not to take away from the initial suggestion of having an option to change these in some way still.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Cockpit lighting would be great:thumbup:

MODULES: A10C Warthog,AH-64 D APACHE,AJS Viggen,AV8B Harrier,BF109 K4,C101 Aviojet,F14 Tomcat,F15E Eagle,F16 Viper,F5 Tiger,F86 Sabre,FA18C Hornet,FW190A8,FW190D9,I16 Ishak,JF17 Thunder,KA50 Blackshark,L39Albatros,Mirage2000C,Mirage F-1,MI24P,MI8MVT2,MIG15BIS,MIG19P,MIG21BIS,Mosquito FB VI,P51D Mustang,P47D Thunderbolt,SA342 Gazell,SpitfireIX,TF51D,UH1H Huey,Yak52.

OTHER:Flamming cliffs,Combined Arms,WW2 Assets Pack,SuperCarrier.

TERRAINS: Nevada,Caucasus,Normandy,Persian Gulf,Syria,Channel,Marianas.