DCS P-51D QUESTIONS

Peyoteros

Can you add the beta to Steam as a non-steam game with the overlay and program working fine?

The Steam overlay is 32 bit, DCS World is 64 bit so it will not work.

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

Is there any intention to model these system for the final product:

1.SCR-695-A IFF Radio

2.AN/ARA-8 Homing Adapter

3.BC-1206 "Detrola" Radio Range Receiver

The manual says that " insert 1, 2 or 3 here is not operational in DCS P-51"

The very top and bottom of page 96 for 1 and 2 and page 97 for 3.

Edited by cichlidfan

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

I have a question... wat is the effective range of the rockets and which gunsight is best to use for it and at what point to aim in the gunsight? I tried them for the first time earlier and I couldn't hit anything even when I think I am firing them really close (within 150m or so) they have so much drop

No longer active in DCS...

• ED Team
I have a question... wat is the effective range of the rockets and which gunsight is best to use for it and at what point to aim in the gunsight? I tried them for the first time earlier and I couldn't hit anything even when I think I am firing them really close (within 150m or so) they have so much drop

They are heavy and the propellant is not so effective as modern types. So you must use rockets in steep diving 30-45 deg and add gravity drop correction aiming through bottom of fixed reticle or even through engine cowling top :)

It's a matter of training though.

• Like 1

Ніщо так сильно не ранить мозок, як уламки скла від розбитих рожевих окулярів

There is nothing so hurtful for the brain as splinters of broken rose-coloured spectacles.

Ничто так сильно не ранит мозг, как осколки стекла от разбитых розовых очков (С) Me

Is there anything I'm missing about use of drop tanks or are they just not working at the moment?

I can load them up fine but I can't get the engine to feed from the drop tanks. When the fuel tank selector is switched to the drop tanks the engine just dies after a couple of seconds.

Were/are rl Mustang qualified pilots involved with the testing/validation of the DCS P-51 flight model?

Yes.

Good, fast, cheap. Choose any two.

Come let's eat grandpa!

Use punctuation, save lives!

The training missions cover this pretty good. I believe rockets are best fired under 1 nm. It does mention what to use as a sighting guide but I don't want to mis-quote anything here as I only did the training once.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Lian Li 011 Dynamic Evo, Core i9 11900K @ 5.0GHz, Corsair H150i CPU cooler, Asus Prime Z590-A, Radeon RX6800 XT64GB, Team T-Force Delta DDR4 3600, Corsair RM1000X PSU,  Win 11 x64

if the stick pitch axis is from 1 to 100 with neutral being at 50, where exactly does the tail wheel lock? 51 or 61 or...??

AWAITING ED NEW DAMAGE MODEL IMPLEMENTATION FOR WW2 BIRDS

Fat T is above, thin T is below. Long T is faster, Short T is slower. Open triangle is AWACS, closed triangle is your own sensors. Double dash is friendly, Single dash is enemy. Circle is friendly. Strobe is jammer. Strobe to dash is under 35 km. HDD is 7 times range key. Radar to 160 km, IRST to 10 km. Stay low, but never slow.

if the stick pitch axis is from 1 to 100 with neutral being at 50, where exactly does the tail wheel lock? 51 or 61 or...??

Probably closer to 51 than 61 as at neutral the tailwheel is already locked. Unlocks slightly forward of neutral. As to the exact percentage, I do not know. 55 maybe? In any event, don't worry about niceties: Bury the stick in your gut at landing rollout - don't take chances. At take-off neutral is locked.

Novice or Veteran looking for an alternative MP career?

Click me to commence your Journey of Pillage and Plunder!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

'....And when I get to Heaven, to St Peter I will tell....

One more Soldier reporting Sir, I've served my time in Hell......'

Probably closer to 51 than 61 as at neutral the tailwheel is already locked. Unlocks slightly forward of neutral. As to the exact percentage, I do not know. 55 maybe? In any event, don't worry about niceties: Bury the stick in your gut at landing rollout - don't take chances. At take-off neutral is locked.

But what if I trim 2 deg NH for full fuel or 4 deg NH for drop tanks? is it shifted? like 45 now I have to move back like 7 to get to slightly aft neutral, ya?

Fat T is above, thin T is below. Long T is faster, Short T is slower. Open triangle is AWACS, closed triangle is your own sensors. Double dash is friendly, Single dash is enemy. Circle is friendly. Strobe is jammer. Strobe to dash is under 35 km. HDD is 7 times range key. Radar to 160 km, IRST to 10 km. Stay low, but never slow.

But what if I trim 2 deg NH for full fuel or 4 deg NH for drop tanks? is it shifted? like 45 now I have to move back like 7 to get to slightly aft neutral, ya?

Is what shifted? The point at which it unlocks? Why would it matter?

All you need to do to lock the tailwheel is yank back and wait for it to engage (a second or two) and then return to neutral. Wheel will stay locked.

Am I misunderstanding you?

Novice or Veteran looking for an alternative MP career?

Click me to commence your Journey of Pillage and Plunder!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

'....And when I get to Heaven, to St Peter I will tell....

One more Soldier reporting Sir, I've served my time in Hell......'

Is what shifted? The point at which it unlocks? Why would it matter?

All you need to do to lock the tailwheel is yank back and wait for it to engage (a second or two) and then return to neutral. Wheel will stay locked.

Am I misunderstanding you?

No, I misunderstood. Now I get it. its just not clearly mentioned in the manual to hold the stick then let go and this would lock. The manual just sez to keep holding the stick till sufficient speed is attained to prevent a torque fall on the chin/ achieve a min-run 3 point takeoff with flaps at 15/20. Now all I gotta do is control the rudder and I should gett'er off cleanly.. but I want to also ask, how do you know when the fuel mix is lean? is there like visual effects? coughing engine? Rich? I know that lean means more air + less fuel. Rich is more fuel to less air going in to the chamber.. I wish I had an animation for the dissected engine operation.

Oh, and a special request: please bring back My-cop radio vladivostook eff'em!!!

Edited by WildBillKelsoe

There is apusch to talk Microphone switch key on the throttle.

1, I want to put that key on my throttle to. Can you please tell me the correct name in the control settings?

2, I have read about the carborator. Opening both will close the warm air, this is for taxiing.

When do i have to use the warm air?

THKS

I have read about the carborator. Opening both will close the warm air, this is for taxiing.

When do i have to use the warm air?

You mean the carburetor air controls. These are not implemented yet, so nothing changes if you move them. Normally you would activate these if the ram air intake was iced over or blocked or the carb air temp was getting too low (i assume).

Good, fast, cheap. Choose any two.

Come let's eat grandpa!

Use punctuation, save lives!

What is currently not functional in the P-51D beta?

This was the list prior to the release of the second beta but for the most part I believe it is still accurate.

http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=87556