nav lights still broken

twistking

i think this bug has been reported more than 6 years ago and is still not fixed.

the nav lights disappear after only some hundred meters, making them absolutely useless.

please consider fixing this swiftly. i assume it is not too big of a deal. thanks.

You mean you cannot see them beyond around 100m?

I tried this out at night. I had the nav lights on high, and it was pitch black out. Only starts to see, and a bit of ground lighting.

I pressed F3 and at first you could only see the nav lights very dimly, but after a second they suddenly appear bright, as if they had crossed a threshold.

When you hit the wrong button on take-off

hwl7xqL.gif

System Specs.

Spoiler
System board: MSI X670E ACE Memory: 64GB DDR5-6000 G.Skill Ripjaw System disk: Crucial P5 M.2 2TB
CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D PSU: Corsair HX1200 PSU Monitor: ASUS MG279Q, 27"
CPU cooling: Noctua NH-D15S Graphics card: MSI RTX 3090Ti SuprimX VR: Oculus Rift CV1

You mean you cannot see them beyond around 100m?

I tried this out at night. I had the nav lights on high, and it was pitch black out. Only starts to see, and a bit of ground lighting.

I pressed F3 and at first you could only see the nav lights very dimly, but after a second they suddenly appear bright, as if they had crossed a threshold.

well, i must admit that i tested in dusk/dawn and it seemed, as if the navigation lights would vanish completely after 100 meters or so.

i will have to recheck in complete darkness.

but even if despite my claims they could indeed still bee seen on longer ranges, they would still be way too dim and needed more tweaking.

finding your wingman in low visibility conditions is still way too difficult, especially if you don't have data link...

I think this is a DCS environment issue and not an aircraft model issue.

The A-10C now has strobes that are insanely bright on the ground illuminating a ramp or runway for seemingly 1000' in every direction as well as any object or plane near you but the second you rotate to fly, they pretty much vanish. So the strobes trigger alternate (illuminated) textures but they fail as actual point light sources.

Seems to be this way across all modules on all maps.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

http://www.476vfightergroup.com/content.php

High Quality Aviation Photography For Personal Enjoyment And Editorial Use.

www.crosswindimages.com

you are both right, in that it's a little bit more complicated since the latest patch.

i did not really notice that, with my limited testing.

it used to be, that the lights of the p-51 completely vanished after 100 meters or so, making them completely useless.

i think this LOD issue still exists, but since 2.5.2 or something, there seems to be an additional glow to navigation lights and on the p-51 this glow seems to persists, even after the LOD switch.

so, it is a little bit better now and a little less noticeble, but i think the original bug is still not fixed.