Turn coordinator backwards

Nealius

I tested this by flying sideways and didn't see anything unusual.

If you slide to one side, the ball will tell you to yaw towards the direction of travel. Therefore the ball itself appears to be responding corectly to lateral acceleration.

If it's backwards in forward flight, then that's an FM issue.

(There are so many forces acting on the ball when you turn in forward flight that I can't make heads or tails of what it's doing)

DCS modules are built up to a spec, not down to a schedule.

In order to utilize a system to your advantage, you must know how it works.

Yea same here. New to Huey, and rotor wings as such, but this has me puzzled too. In forward flight, I bank to the left for example, and the ball is telling me to add right rudder - step on the ball principle.

- Jack of many DCS modules, master of none.

- Personal wishlist: F-15A, F-4S Phantom II, JAS 39A Gripen, SAAB 35 Draken, F-104 Starfighter, Panavia Tornado IDS.

| Windows 11 | i5-12400 | 64Gb DDR4 | RTX 3080 | 2x M.2 | 27" 1440p | Rift CV1 | Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS | MFG Crosswind pedals |

I gave up my Huey to someone else in my squad so I can't check this for myself but I can say with some authority that the turn and slip indicator in any helicopter works exactly the same as it does in any airplane.

Knock-Knock, if you haven't changed any power setting, then the turn and slip seems to be lying to you. Try flying straight ahead while banking to the left or right. If the ball goes to the low side, it appears to be working properly. You could also, while flying straight ahead, initiate a turn to the left or right by just using the pedals, keeping your "wings" level, and if the ball slides over to the outside of the turn it is working properly.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

The ball has ALWAYS done that in the Huey. I've had it since it was released and it always seems to throw the ball to the outside, opposite of what happens in a fixed wing, when you bank left or right.

Edited by BSS_Sniper

I9 9900k @ 5ghz water cooled, 32gb ram, GTX 2080ti, 1tb M.2, 2tb hdd, 1000 watt psu TrackIR 5, TM Warthog Stick and Throttle, CH Pedals