Air Combat 2020 - A DCS BFM League

M0ltar

UuZlP51.png

AIR COMBAT - March 4th, 2020

SIGN-UP STATUS: OPEN (CLOSE FEB 19, 2020)

WHO CAN SIGN UP

This event is open to anyone; squadrons, lonewolves, noobs and pros. If you want to get in on the action, sign on up!

SCHEDULE

The schedule for matches, including times, will be finalized once signups have closed and can be found at The Merge website. The AIR COMBAT League is set to start March 4th, 2020 and will be run bi-annually . To check what Zulu time is for you, see here.

WHAT IS AIR COMBAT

DCS World Events, in conjunction with Eagle Dynamics, is proud to announce AIR COMBAT! AIR COMBAT is an event dedicated to the merge and BFM fighting. If you want hot close in DCS action AIR COMBAT is the event for you.

PRIZES

Prizes are TBA

TIMETABLE AND INITIALS

- December 26th, 2019 - AIR COMBAT signups open for 1v1, 2v2, and 4v4 brackets.

- February 19th, 2020 - AIR COMBAT signups close for all brackets.

- Brackets will depend on the number of teams at signup.

- Matches can be flown at the teams discretion. This means that teams are allowed to schedule their own match times as long as that agreed upon date is BEFORE the set scheduled date on the Splash One Gaming website. For example, if a match between Moltar and Yaga is scheduled to take place on April 11th, both teams could instead agree to fly the match on March 10th.

- In order for a match to be flown early you must let the DCS World Events team know on Discord. A procedure for this will be available closer to league start time.

- If teams fly a match early it MUST be flown on the DCS World Events servers. This is to ensure that no cheating or exploiting is taking place and to provide both teams a neutral battlefield.

- Only certain matches will be streamed, but all matches will be track-able on The Merge and ED forum thread.

- Future DCS modules will be included in the tournament automatically.

- March 4th, 2020 - AIR COMBAT kicks off with opening day!

RULES 1V1*

- 1v1 matches consist of 1 pilot per team attempting to eliminate their opponent.

- Starts will be air start.

- Starting distance will be 50km from each other head-on at between 10000ft and 20000ft at any speed.

- Combatants must fly towards each other before merge. Maximum nose deviation from the opponent must be kept within 70 degrees until the first pass/merge. Increasing or decreasing speed is allowed. Combatants must stay above 10k feet and below 20k feet before the merge.

- Fuel dumping is allowed.

- Weapons hold until after the first pass. Definition of merge: when EITHER fighter passes the other fighter's 3/9 line and the fighters are within 1 nm from each other (within weapons range).

- Extending away from the fight for the purpose of resetting to a new merge, or to attempt to reacquire a lost tally, is allowed. However, extending purely to drag out the fight and play fuel games is highly discouraged and such passive tactics may up in disqualification, this will ultimately be decided by the referee and/or review from the Tacview file.

- If there is significant damage to your jet, fully passive and defensive tactics are OK.

- After eliminating your opponent, the combatant must land at the designated airfield inside the bubble.

- There is a bubble that will simulate an arena. This bubble is 66km across.

- If you come within 16km of bubble edge you will receive a warning that you are leaving the bubble.

- If you exit the bubble completely you will self-destruct.

RULES 2V2 AND 4V4*

- 2v2 and 4v4 matches consist of 2-4 pilots per team attempting to eliminate their opponents.

- Starts will be air start.

- Starting distance will be 50km from each other head-on at 15000ft 400kts.

- Fuel dumping is allowed.

- Weapons are free and maneuvering is unrestricted from the very start of the round. There are no tactical limitations to what each team does. Everything is allowed.

- If the situation deteriorates to 1v1, with no damage to either fighter, passive tactics are discouraged similarly to the 1v1 rounds. Fight like a man, don't run away!

- If the situation is 1v2, or 1v1 and there is significant damage to your jet, fully passive and defensive tactics are OK.

- After eliminating your opponent, the combatant must land at the designated airfield inside the bubble.

- There is a bubble that will simulate an arena. This bubble is 66km across.

- If you come within 16km of bubble edge you will receive a warning that you are leaving the bubble.

- If you exit the bubble completely you will self-destruct.

WEAPONS/FUEL/AVAILABLE AIRCRAFT*

- Any aircraft is allowed to compete in AIR COMBAT.

- All aircraft will start with full internal gun and no other weapons.

- Fuel for each aircraft has been calculated based on time maintaining max AoA sustained turns at low altitude. These fuel loads will allow all aircraft to stay gate for similar time frames.

• - F-15 75%
  • - Su-27 50%
  • - F-18 57%
  • - Mirage 48%
  • - Mig29A 100%
  • - Su33 59%
  • - F14 (TBD)
  • - All Other Aircraft (TBD)

*Fuel states are subject to change.

SERVER MISSION & WEATHER*

- DCS World Events server will be used.

- Map is Caucuses.

- Ping limit of 250 will be strictly enforced.

- Mission locations will be randomly chosen.

- Weather will be clear.

- Mission Link: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1IyDQH-V_IC6drreXuD7j_ZhSQ9L-77Le/view?usp=sharing

*Note: Tournament rules, weapons and missions are subject to change

REGISTRATION

Please make at least your team captain available on the 64th Aggressors Teamspeak during match play. Team captions, as well as being the primary contact, will also be responsible for referee decisions throughout the year. This is needed in order to ensure that all rulings are as impartial as possible. More details about this will be provided as we get closer to league start.

ALL TEAMS, LONEWOLVES, OR GROUPS MUST HAVE A REPRESENTATIVE AVAILABLE ON THE SPLASH ONE GAMING DISCORD IN ORDER TO COMPLETE REGISTRATION! PLEASE INCLUDE THIS PERSONS DISCORD ID IN YOUR REGISTRATION POST. AN EXAMPLE THAT INCLUDES THIS CAN BE SEEN BELOW.

This list of rostered pilots and selected aircraft is not concrete. You are allowed to fly with different pilots for each match bearing in mind the above rules regarding pilots flying in Gold and Diamond league teams. Teamspeak or Discord will be needed this year in order for organizers to have the ability to reach teams if necessary. Names and aircraft are not (yet) binding. Teams may add pilots to their roster during the tournament.

Please use the template below as a guide and post in a new post in this thread to register your team. It is very important that you include as many pilots as possible that will be competing in the leagues. It is also crucial that home country of each pilot and Zulu time be included for information on The Merge.

Example 1v1:

Event: 1v1

Squadron Name: 64th Aggressors

Teamspeak/Discord: 195.201.110.22

Contact person Discord ID: Moltar:0099

Aircraft Selection. Su-27

Pilots:

USA - Moltar

Example 2v2:

Event: 2v2

Squadron Name: 64th Aggressors and 104th Phoenix

Aircraft Selection. 2x Su-27

Pilots:

USA - Moltar and

FINLAND - 104th_Stuge

Example 4v4:

Event: 4v4

Squadron Name: 64th Aggressors and 104th Phoenix

Aircraft Selection. 3x Su-27 and 1x F-15

Pilots:

USA - Moltar and

USA - YAGA

FINLAND - 104th_Stuge

USA - 104th_Fallen

Edited by M0ltar

Contact person Discord ID: Krippz#6204

Aircraft Selection. F/A-18C

Pilots:

USA - <64>Krippz

Contact person Discord ID: Krippz#6204

Aircraft Selection. 2x F/A-18C Hornet

Pilots:

USA - <64>Krippz

Slovenia - <64C>Vati

Edited by Krippz

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

64th "Scorpions" Aggressor Squadron

Discord: 64th Aggressor Squadron

TS: 195.201.110.22

USA - <51>Moltar and ..

#51st_never-to-be-forgotten :D

Edited by Falcon_S

Немој ништа силом, узми већи чекић!

MSI Tomahawk MAX | Ryzen 7 3700x | 32GB DDR4 3200MHz | RX 5700 XT OC Red Dragon 8GB | VPC Throttle CM3 + VPC Constellation ALPHA on VPC WarBRD Base | HP Reverb G2

Youtube Follow Me on TWITCH! 

Squadron Name: -= IRIAF =- HawK.1

Teamspeak/Discord: IRIAFTEAM.rsts.ir

Contact person Discord ID: -= IRIAF =- HawK.1#5360

Aircraft Selection : F-15C

Iran

========

Squadron Name: -= IRIAF =- Cdt.Raviar

Contact person Discord ID: Mani#2103

Aircraft Selection : F/A-18C

Iran

========

Squadron Name: -= IRIAF =- Fooji

Aircraft Selection : JF-17

Iran

=======

Squadron Name: -= IRIAF =- CHALLENGER67

Aircraft Selection : F-14B

Iran

Edited by -= IRIAF =- HawK.1

Event: 4v4

Squadron Name: 52nd Independent Knights Squadron (Maverick, we are not Russians, we are EU )

Discord: https://discord.gg/TPKKgna

Contact person Discord ID: =52x=Spanker

Pilots:

Croatia - =52x=Spanker

Netherlands - =52x=Mad DOg

Iran - =52x=Blitz

Germany - =52x=Banana

Lithuania - =52x=Inigo

Edited by Adixylian

Squadron Name: none :(

Discord ID: Preador#4637

Aircraft Selection. Mig-29A

Pilots: USA - Preador

Squadron Name: none

Discord ID: Preador#4637

Aircraft Selection. Mig-29A, Su-27S

Pilots:

USA - Preador

USA - =C=

Edited by Preador

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Sounds like a good time and I want in of course. But a question: what does "maintain constant altitude before merge" mean, and how is it enforced? What are the parameters? 15k +/- 1k, or less? The problem I see here (and I've talked about this for years), is that tiny differences in altitude and the timing of your first turn can make ALL the difference for victory, thus I see it necessary to define exactly when it is considered that this rule is violated.

We had one event in the past where this "maintain constant altitude" rule caused considerable debate.. I wasn't the only one considering it too arbitrary, some of the SF bfm heroes agreed with me on this.

With 20+ years of experience BFM:ming online and participating in multiple 1v1 tournaments I think there is only one reasonable way to do this: to enforce an altitude window, say 15000ft +/- 1000ft (14000-16000ft), while allowing unrestricted maneuvering within this window as the merge happens. This is how it was done a year back in a Falcon BMS 1v1 tournament and it worked very well.

Thanks!

Sounds like a good time and I want in of course. But a question: what does "maintain constant altitude before merge" mean, and how is it enforced? What are the parameters? 15k +/- 1k, or less? The problem I see here (and I've talked about this for years), is that tiny differences in altitude and the timing of your first turn can make ALL the difference for victory, thus I see it necessary to define exactly when it is considered that this rule is violated.

We had one event in the past where this "maintain constant altitude" rule caused considerable debate.. I wasn't the only one considering it too arbitrary, some of the SF bfm heroes agreed with me on this.

With 20+ years of experience BFM:ming online and participating in multiple 1v1 tournaments I think there is only one reasonable way to do this: to enforce an altitude window, say 15000ft +/- 1000ft (14000-16000ft), while allowing unrestricted maneuvering within this window as the merge happens. This is how it was done a year back in a Falcon BMS 1v1 tournament and it worked very well.

Thanks!

Back then biggest debate was caused by not clearly stating the merge rules before the event and most of the participants assumed that pre merge maneuvering was allowed (diving to the deck included) and trained for the event accordingly and not so much about the maintain altitude rule itself. But i agree with Stuge here, 14 - 16k ft would probably be the best option.

I also recommand you guys check everybody`s Open beta version before the fight.

for those guys who like to use F14, the version 37626, which did not had flap drag tuned, are still being able to connect to MP server. creating the performance discrepancy in MP game.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I9-9900K-Gigabyte 2080Ti Gaming OC, 32G DDR4000 RAM,

Track IR5, HOTAS Cougar + über Nxt Hall Sensor Mod, Slaw Device RX Viper

Contact person Discord ID: Plaiskool#2082

Aircraft Selection. f-15

Pilots: FR - Plaiskool

And agree with stuge....

Merge is a tactical stuff as well, a bad good merge can really make difference... and for me fight is starting before merge....

I will play by rules by staying on level but i think this is removing a huge amount of charm...and removing the essence of dogfighting.

quote.gif

Edited by plaiskool

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Squadron Name: DRAGON SQ.

Teamspeak: ta01.gameservers.com:9127

Contact person Discord ID: COLMILLO#1625

Aircraft Selection. F-16

Pilots:

CHILE - DRG.SQ<COLMILLO> (-3 Zulu)