New caucasus map

-IRRE-Rolluptito

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Please, please , please get this out for chrismas. I will start my 1,5 month holiday in next week, so i have time to play. And CPU upgrade coming too (if i play nice with my wife) :D

Oculus CV1, Odyssey, Pimax 5k+ (i5 8400, 24gb ddr4 3000mhz, 1080Ti OC )

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

well, it (will) depends very much on how many modules you installed

with all the modules (campaings, air/rotorcrafts etc., + with the upcoming must-have: F-14, F-18 ) it will be approx 150-160GB (with a lot of liveries for modules)

...+ with the SOH map it will be close to 200GB...fyi

Jesus!

Hardware: T-50 Mongoose, VKB STECS, Saitek 3 Throttle Quadrant, Homemade 32-function Leo Bodnar Button Box, MFG Crosswind Pedals Oculus Rift S

System Specs: MSI MPG X570 GAMING PLUS, RTX 3090, Ryzen 7 5800X3D, 32GB DDR4-3200, Samsung 860 EVO, Samsung 970 EVO 250GB

Modules: AH-64D, Ka-50, Mi-8MTV2, F-16C, F-15E, F/A-18C, F-14B, F-5E, P-51D, Spitfire Mk LF Mk. IXc, Bf-109K-4, Fw-190A-8

Maps: Normandy, Nevada, Persian Gulf, Syria

Yes it might be a YT. Fingers crossed for ED bringing this beauty to us before Christmas :thumbup:

Hmmmm the lack of 2.5 news in the Friday newsletter makes me wonder if we'll have our stockings stuffed with coal for Christmas this year. :D

Intel i5-9600K @ 3.7GHz

Gigabyte Z370XP SLI Mobo

G.SKILL Ripjaws V Series 32GB (2 x 16GB) 288-Pin DDR4

GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 2070 8GB 256-Bit GDDR6(Assume the latest driver version)

Thermaltake Water 3.0 Certified Liquid Cooling System

Windows 10 Professional

Oculus Rift-S /TrackIR 5 in case VR dies

Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog w/ Thrustmaster T-Flight Rudder Pedals

Hmmmm the lack of 2.5 news in the Friday newsletter makes me wonder if we'll have our stockings stuffed with coal for Christmas this year. :D

I am guessing coal...

Remember when this was all going to be finished by the end of 2016?

https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=2851944&postcount=1

i5 7600K @4.8GHz | 1080 Ti | 32GB 3200MHz | SSD | DCS SETTINGS | "COCKPIT"

I am guessing coal...

Yep. Definitely coal. Just found this....

2.5 will appear before the New Year?

No.

Intel i5-9600K @ 3.7GHz

Gigabyte Z370XP SLI Mobo

Windows 10 Professional

Yep. Definitely coal. Just found this....

Well that's thouroughly disappointing.. :noexpression:

T.16000m HOTAS + Pedals || TrackIR5 ||

Win10 64bit || 120+500GB SSD, 1TB HDD || i5 4440 @3.3GHz || 16GB RAM @ 1600MHz || GTX1070 G1 ||

FCIII, L39ZA, AJS-37, Normandy '44, Persian Gulf, Channel

F/A-18C, Bf-109 K-4, WW2 Asset Pack, CA, P-47, F-16

How can it not be. Was looking forward to the new Caucasus during the holiday downtime. Just trying to remind myself of what we do have currently though.

Intel i5-9600K @ 3.7GHz

Gigabyte Z370XP SLI Mobo

Windows 10 Professional

How can it not be. Was looking forward to the new Caucasus during the holiday downtime. Just trying to remind myself of what we do have currently though.

Ditto, huge bummer. Would've been great fun for the holiday time off of work.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

VR Cockpit (link):

Custom Throttletek F/A-18C Throttle w/ Hall Sensors + Otto switches | Slaw Device RX Viper Pedals w/ Damper | VPC T-50 Base + 15cm Black Sahaj Extension + TM Hornet or Warthog Grip | Super Warthog Wheel Stand Pro | Steelcase Leap V2 + JetSeat SE

VR Rig:

Pimax 5K+ | ASUS ROG Strix 1080Ti | Intel i7-9700K | Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Master | Corsair H115i RGB Platinum | 32GB Corsair Vengeance Pro RGB 3200 | Dell U3415W Curved 3440x1440

• ED Team

Dear all,

DCS World 2.5 News Update

Work is going well with the updated Caucasus map and the summer map is ready to go! However, there is still work to do on the Spring, Autumn, and Winter maps. Much of this revolves around integration of the new SpeedTree tech. This is a rather time consuming process and is not just a case of just dropping in new tech.

Additionally, a lot of work continues on updating the hundreds of missions and campaigns that need to be adjusted for the map changes. This primarily entails moving units and their routes out of the many new forested areas on the map. We want this move to DCS World 2.5 to be as bug-free as possible.

Finally, we have the holiday season fast approaching, and we need to give our staff time with their loved ones.

Given this, we will be releasing DCS World 2.5 by late-January 2018. This is not an estimate, this is a promise.

DCS World 2.5 will be released as a new download (NOT an update to an existing version). In other words, DCS World 2.5 will replace DCS World 1.5 Stable. The current 1.5.8 Open Beta will be updated to be DCS World 2.5 Open Beta. As such DCS 2.5 Stable and DCS 2.5 Open Beta will be available at the same time. DCS 2.1 Open Alpha will be removed, and DCS World 1.5 will remain but be unsupported.

Modules under DCS World 2.x will not need to be re-downloaded or activated. Just do not uninstall DCS World 2.2 Open Alpha prior to installing DCS World 2.5 Stable, as 2.5 will copy the modules over from 2.2.

Any files in your Users/Saved Games folder will not be affected.

Pilots statistics from DCS World 2.x will be carried over to DCS World 2.5.

Movement of DCS World 2.5 would then soon follow to Steam.

Thanks,

Matt “Wags” Wagner

Eagle Dynamic SA, Senior Producer

1935096155_2.5News.thumb.jpg.35dda49c0121776a309a66fdaec2647c.jpg

Edited by Wags

Thanks for the insight Matt. Although it's slightly disappointing the display of updating the community on the happenings carries tremendous weight. Thanks to you and the staff and have a Merry Christmas.

Intel i5-9600K @ 3.7GHz

Gigabyte Z370XP SLI Mobo

Windows 10 Professional

Thanks for the update Wags, that's makes it a lot more understandable for me, I might've been hyping myself a bit too much for a 2.5 xmas :doh:

Happy Holidays to you and other ED staff :)

T.16000m HOTAS + Pedals || TrackIR5 ||

Win10 64bit || 120+500GB SSD, 1TB HDD || i5 4440 @3.3GHz || 16GB RAM @ 1600MHz || GTX1070 G1 ||

FCIII, L39ZA, AJS-37, Normandy '44, Persian Gulf, Channel

F/A-18C, Bf-109 K-4, WW2 Asset Pack, CA, P-47, F-16

If i understand correctly we will have:

Separate Full Install DCS 2.5 Release.

Open Beta Updated to Open Beta 2.5

DCS 1.5.8 Release not further supported.

" You must think in russian.."

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Windows 7 Home Premium-Intel 2500K OC 4.6-SSD Samsung EVO 860- MSI GTX 1080 - 16G RAM - 1920x1080 27´

Hotas Rhino X-55-MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals -Track IR 4

Late January, right around my birthday, equally fitting as having it for Christmas! Anyway, health and well being of employees must always take precedent over all other considerations, whether its software dev. or any other industry. Crunchtime should not even be a word unless its a matter of life and death, wich software development seldom is.

But damn it, lost my bet with my brother and now i need to cook nepali chicken for him...and that ''release in the coming weeks'' was putting me on the winning street! :)