Which module do you think will release next?

Gunny Highway

Which module do you think will release next?  

132 members have voted

1. 1. Which module do you think will release next?

RAZBAM has stated that the Harrier should arrive in Q3... so unless the Hornet is out of the door in two weeks™ after the E3, the Harrier will be no.1 on this race.

I agree with you, but 2.5 and the Hornet were supposedly coming out before end of 2016. Harrier does seem on track though for a July/August/September release though.

VEAO Tomahawk should be close also

The new damage model has to come out, for non-WW2 aircraft, first.

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

F-14....or is that just my wishful thinking. :music_whistling:

Not fussed about the other two aircraft types. They both look like great projects, but neither aircraft has ever appealed to me in the least.

Asus Maximus VIII Hero Alpha| i7-6700K @ 4.60GHz | nVidia GTX 1080ti Strix OC 11GB @ 2075MHz| 16GB G.Skill Trident Z RGB 3200Mhz DDR4 CL14 |

Samsung 950 PRO 512GB M.2 SSD | Corsair Force LE 480GB SSD | Windows 10 64-Bit | TM Warthog with FSSB R3 Lighting Base | VKB Gunfighter Pro + MCG | TM MFD's | Oculus Rift S | Jetseat FSE

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

F-14....or is that just my wishful thinking. :music_whistling:

Not fussed about the other two aircraft types. They both look like great projects, but neither aircraft has ever appealed to me in the least.

No doubt F14 is on my day one list. Hopefully multi crew will be available on release. I think it will be a blast to play with buddies online.

Are we talking Early Access?

Im nearly 100% it will be the Tomcat. At least the B version, probably without the carrier, but with a functional Jester and Multicrew.

I think this is a safe bet, since Heatblur is the only developer that outright stated, barring serious disease or injury, the module will be released this year.

Current specs: Windows 10 Home 64bit, i5-9600K @ 3.7 Ghz, 32GB DDR4 RAM, 1TB Samsung EVO 860 M.2 SSD, GAINWARD RTX2060 6GB, Oculus Rift S, MS FFB2 Sidewinder + Warthog Throttle Quadrant, Saitek Pro rudder pedals.

Are we talking Early Access?

Im nearly 100% it will be the Tomcat. At least the B version, probably without the carrier, but with a functional Jester and Multicrew.

I think this is a safe bet, since Heatblur is the only developer that outright stated, barring serious disease or injury, the module will be released this year.

Pretty sure razbam said 3Q.

Probably shouldn't vote until we see what gets revealed at E3.

GeForce GTX 970, i5 4690K 3.5 GHz, 8 GB ram, Win 10, 1080p

VEAO Tomahawk should be close also

Tomahawk? I think you meant the Kittyhawk (Curtiss P-40F)?

VEAO pushed that one further back, behind the stable release of DCS World 2.5 (the merge), so no, it probably won't be next.

See here: https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=3144393&postcount=1

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

Forget about the Kittyhawk. VEAO doesn't exactly have a stellar track record of keeping to release schedules.

Im actually surprised that more people didnt choose the F14, since we know it's been in development for far longer than the Harrier, and one of the devs confirmed that it's coming this year.

Current specs: Windows 10 Home 64bit, i5-9600K @ 3.7 Ghz, 32GB DDR4 RAM, 1TB Samsung EVO 860 M.2 SSD, GAINWARD RTX2060 6GB, Oculus Rift S, MS FFB2 Sidewinder + Warthog Throttle Quadrant, Saitek Pro rudder pedals.

• ED Team

I think the F/A-18 will be sooner than the AV-8 but if we get one of them within next few weeks/months I do not care about it which one. I want them all anyway.:D

AMD Ryzen 9 3900X, GeForce RTX 2080Ti, 32 GB DRAM, HOTAS TM Warthog, FSSB R3 Lighting, MFG Crosswind, Win 10 Pro

Forget about the Kittyhawk. VEAO doesn't exactly have a stellar track record of keeping to release schedules.

I'm actually surprised that more people didn't choose the F-14, since we know it's been in development for far longer than the Harrier, and one of the devs confirmed that it's coming this year.

Heatblur has stated they will push the module out this year... I interpret this as a Q4 release is all goes according to plan, where as RAZBAM has specifically stated Q3, which to me is an indication of a product that is farther in development and closer to release than the F-14.

I can't really say anything about the F/A-18 until we get more information... could be it comes out in two months... then again could be it will be a Christmas gift. We will have to see about that when E3 has passed.

Don't take me wrong, all three are on my list for purchase, so I don't really mind the order.

DCS Finland | SF squadron

Depends what is your definition of "released". My educated guess based on previous experiences:

- The Harrier will be available first, but it will be very rough around the edges. Like the M-2000 was, more an alpha test initially.

- Hornet will slip to Q4 for reasons we will never be told, and will be released in a last sprint just before Christmas. But it will be in pretty decent shape, for an early access of course.

- Tomcat will be delayed to 2018.

Edited by some1

Hardware: VPForce Rhino, FSSB R3 Ultra, Virpil T-50CM, Hotas Warthog, Winwing F15EX, Slaw Rudder, GVL224 Trio Throttle, Thrustmaster MFDs, Saitek Trim wheel, Trackir 5, Quest Pro

Im actually surprised that more people didnt choose the F14, since we know it's been in development for far longer than the Harrier, and one of the devs confirmed that it's coming this year.

Heatblur has notoriously missed various dates and estimates for things they had announced. Not just modules but also development updates and other things like that. I can't even count how often they delayed these things. The F-14 alone has been given various release estimates during their multiple years of development. So I (and aparently other people as well) don't trust their release estimates very much.

Having said that, I want to make clear that this is not meant to criticize Heatblur. I'm sure they give those dates and estimates to the best of their ability and it provides some points to orient on. You just have to know that these dates are not set in stone. No problem, stuff takes time and we all (should) know that. Especially if you want to have products that are somewhat finished on release. That is why I voted for RAZBAM, because they make their products available in a very unfinished state (at least they did so with the Mirage), so that delays are not that much likely (polishing costs time!). But even they failed to reach their first given release estimate for the Harrier, because back in January they said they plan to release the Harrier within Q1. Again, this is no problem (at least not for me), it's just the way software development is. I just want to point out that you all shouldn't give too much on those estimates ;)

Edited by QuiGon

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg