Tacview, the ACMI for DCS World – Official Thread

Vyrtuoz

Yes, it has been added to Tacview 1.7.1.

Simply enter the desired password in the DCS Options -> Special -> Tacview -> Host Telemetry Password.

Only the people with the proper password will be able to record real time telemetry. Others will have the usual 10 minutes delay.

The clients will have to enter the same password either in:

DCS Options -> Special -> Tacview -> Client Telemetry Password

Or

In Tacview real-time telemetry dialog box

tacview-signature-512x128x24.png

Yes, it has been added to Tacview 1.7.1.

Simply enter the desired password in the DCS Options -> Special -> Tacview -> Host Telemetry Password.

Only the people with the proper password will be able to record real time telemetry. Others will have the usual 10 minutes delay.

The clients will have to enter the same password either in:

DCS Options -> Special -> Tacview -> Client Telemetry Password

Or

In Tacview real-time telemetry dialog box

so to clarify: the separate real-time connection will use the same password as the in-game one?

also is there something special when connecting from localhost? when I tested earlier I didn't need the password, and I'm on the latest release version.

Edited by LazyBoot

The host computer does not need any password to record telemetry from itself.

The real-time telemetry connection will use the password specified in Tacview application or in Tacview exporter options, this is not the same password as your DCS server password.

I just bought Tacview Standard.

I downloaded it and then I installed it.

After I enter the product key, I have 2 options:

- Register System

- Register User

What's the difference?

Which one should I choose?

RnmehGS.png

@Seb71

This option does not really affect you. “Register System” enable your Tacview licence for all the users on your system. This option has been added for companies.

@Kolm

The Persian Gulf map has been added to Tacview 1.7.2. So, you can either install the latest beta in parallel of Tacview 1.7.1, or you want wait for the final 1.7.2. to be released.

@Seb71

This option does not really affect you. “Register System” enable your Tacview licence for all the users on your system. This option has been added for companies.

So that option it's about Windows user accounts, not some Tacview user account. I was not sure which is the case.

You might want to add this explanation to the FAQ.

I cant zoom out more than just a few thousand feet.

How can I do to see the globe and move around to go where I want?

thanks

That's one feature from Tacview Advanced. It's the one that keeps me thinking, too, that maybe I should have gone for the Advanced version.

@KOLM

The easiest way to move around quickly is to use the satellite view (the little globe in the bottom toolbar). You can also use the monocular icon to activate the free camera and move around using the mouse wheel + shift to move quickly all around you.

With Tacview Standard you can zoom-out up to about 200K ft. With Tacview Advanced you can zoom-out till you see the whole world.

• 2 weeks later...

This is a good idea, I am going to see if this is possible to do that.

As for the online debriefing, remember that:

• The host of the debriefing must open the corresponding TCP port on his router/firewall, so the clients can join his session
  • Everyone must load the proper acmi file manually (Tacview does not automatically transfer the telemetry data over the network)

If this does not help, can you share a screenshot of the settings you are using for the online debriefing?

Finally installed tacview (getting a bit into BVR stuff atm), this will sure help me to better grasp what is going on around me :)

Two questions though; 1.) I am within the trial period and i have looked at the feature comparison of the starter, standard and advanced versions and i am not sure what ''advanced telemtry'' actually entails?

2.) The reason why i installed tacview now was to see which aircraft's radar cone was illuminating other aircraft at which point in time. I take it that radar cones are not a thing as of yet? You mentioned quite some time ago that this might materialize in tacview 2.0, is this still in the cards?

The advanced telemetry corresponds to additional and more accurate data you can get from some aircraft. For example, readings from cockpit instruments like G or fuel (which is sometime more appropriate data than what is calculated/interpolated by Tacview), as well as radar locks for FC3 aircraft.

You guessed right: Radar cones are not yet implemented. This is a tricky feature with most flight simulators, because of lack of available data on that matter. For now, with the advanced telemetry, you will see a “lock” line/symbol when a target is tracked by player FC3 aircraft. In a future update, I hope to be able to extract more from DCS World, like the radar cone and current targets for non FC aircraft as well as AI aircraft.

ah ok. Thanks for the detailed response. The radar lock for FC3 aircraft is a useful feature. I hope you find a way to access the radar locks of full fidelty module aircraft as well. With the F/A-18 already released, and F-16, F-14 and more on the way...i reckon it would be a pitty if radar locks can only be displayed for FC3/4 aircraft. Anyway, i already looked at a bunch of my BVR ai encounter tracks and it already showed me a lot of how the ai acts and what i am doing right and where i can improve. But its really fun to look at a track and see how a defensive maneuver defeats a hostile missle! Kudos

Regarding installation and use of Tacview 1.7.1, is there a way to ensure it detects a copy of DCS World that has been copied-and-pasted?

My installation of DCS World 2.5.x OpenBeta has detected the presence of Tacview 1.7.1, however the reverse is not true. Repairing DCS World does not correct the issue, either.

Short of de-registering, re-downloading and re-registering all modules, is there a solution?

I don't always openly list my things. But when I do, I put it in my signature.

As described in the dedicated documentation http://tacview.net/documentation/dcs/, it does not matter where DCS World is installed.

What matters is that Tacview will install its exporter in all detected DCS World user folders:

%USERPROFILE%\Saved Games\DCS.*\

The general rule is:

• First make sure that you have already launched, at least once, each of your installation of DCS World, so the appropriate Saved Games folders are created.
  • Then you can launch Tacview installer to automatically install the exporter in each of them.

Suggestion: "Flight Test" mode.

This idea came from some Su-27 flight model testing that a couple of us are doing. TacView is great for observing the behaviour of a given aircraft under all sorts of conditions but sometimes the sample rate seems to be a bit low to capture fast-time transients.

Would it be possible to have some sort of "flight test" mode which would increase the sample rate 2x or even 5x but limit the total recording time?

System Spec: Cooler Master Cosmos C700P Black Edition case. | AMD 5950X CPU | MSI RTX-3090 GPU | 32GB HyperX Predator PC4000 RAM | | TM Warthog stick & throttle | TrackIR 5 | Samsung 980 Pro NVMe 4 SSD 1TB (boot) | Samsung 870 QVO SSD 4TB (games) | Windows 10 Pro 64-bit.

Personal wish list: DCS: Su-27SM & DCS: Avro Vulcan.

Thank you, I have notified the creator of Mapview.

Trying to use Mapview 1.2.1 but skyvector gives a 404 not found error, tried replacing #month# with 07 but that didn't work also Thunderforest gives a 403 error, any help would be grateful

• Aircraft telemetry is currently exported at 5 Hz.
  • While the local player aircraft telemetry is exported at 10 Hz.

Can you share an example (acmi file) which is not accurate enough? (please let me know which part and object I should focus on). This will help me to tweak the export frequencies.

This idea came from some Su-27 flight model testing that a couple of us are doing. TacView is great for observing the behaviour of a given aircraft under all sorts of conditions but sometimes the sample rate seems to be a bit low to capture fast-time transients.

Would it be possible to have some sort of "flight test" mode which would increase the sample rate 2x or even 5x but limit the total recording time?

Jacques Deyrieux, the creator of MapView told me that a new version is on its way. It will offer the following improvements:

• Skyvector server name will be automatically updated.
  • A brand-new optimized algorithm for tiles data will improve the download speed.
  • Added support for OpenFlightMaps
  • As well as numerous fixes.

Trying to use Mapview 1.2.1 but skyvector gives a 404 not found error, tried replacing #month# with 07 but that didn't work also Thunderforest gives a 403 error, any help would be grateful

A request...

TacView seems to have all the data for each object during an activity, eg object specific (Hornet pilot X or T-72 etc), actions time stamped, intercations between different objects (Hornet pilot X dropped a MK-82 at xxyyZ which destroyed 2 T-72.

Is it possible to have in addition to the graphical track a summery data page with all actions regarding a specific pilot?

Beginning from mission start time, T/O and every action and relations to these actions until mission end.

Debriefing seems to be a challenge with collecting all accurate relevant data in DCS as in other sims and if TacView has all the data already it might as well be a one stop shop debreiefing wise.

jgVplRQ.png

With the command File -> Export Flight Log you can export all the events in a single xml or csv file. From there it is relatively easy to filter the events of a specific pilot.

In a future version, I will add a filter, so you can easily see only the events related to the selected objects.

With the command File -> Export Flight Log you can export all the events in a single xml or csv file. From there it is relatively easy to filter the events of a specific pilot.

In a future version, I will add a filter, so you can easily see only the events related to the selected objects.

Checked and it gives most of what neede.

Thanks.

One kind of data is missing, or can not be obtained: own weapons release target's status if hit, eg damaged or destroyed/ downed.

For example: Mig-21 damged in the same line a Sparrow or bullets are used, or in later line if in later time after a missile shot.

The data is available both for DCS and BMS and I wonder if it's possible to add it.

jgVplRQ.png