Through The Inferno (Dynamic DCS) - Public US Server

deadlyfishes

if its the one from the Transport script it just lases targets without the need for coms, which is actualy a good thing because the original Jtag is somewhat tempramental and not every aircraft can use the Frequency(f5e comes to mind)

'controlling' the Ka50 feels like a discussion with the Autopilot and trim system about the flight direction.

I was wondering this too

Yeah we need the Nevada server, there are not much very good servers in 2.0 and this server is the best for training!

Any thoughts on why we aren't seeing the Nevada server? Is it offline then?

Sorry guys, I'm going to update the post now, we're only supporting 1.5 for the time being as we fix some scripts that cause crashes.

Please join our discord for more information.

I'll be posting updates on here as things start coming together for 2.0.

There are some requests from others who'd like to host for 2.0, but I'm still working on some issues the 2.0 version of the miz file has.

"Through The Inferno"

Endless, Dynamic, Open-World Experience for DCS World

I love the server, but unfortunately ping is way too high for us in Europe. 200+

:(

Intel i7-13700k | Zotac Trinity RTX 4090 | Asrock B660 Steel Legend | 32Gb RAM 3600 | 2TB NVMe + 2TB SSD + 8TB HDD | Corsair TX850M | be quiet! Pure Base 500DX | LG 4K OLED 48CX8LC

Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog - MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals - TrackIR - Stream Deck XL

I've been noticing a distinct lack of bad guys to fight the last couple of evenings. So many players on one side in a restricted area of just a few airports means anything that spawns is rapidly destroyed. Feels like the area of operations need to expand.

=============================

i7 5820k | 32GB RAM | Nvidia 2070RTX | 1TB SSD

I've been noticing a distinct lack of bad guys to fight the last couple of evenings. So many players on one side in a restricted area of just a few airports means anything that spawns is rapidly destroyed. Feels like the area of operations need to expand.

If everyone one is flying solo of course the OPFOR is going to be destroyed instantly. The mission is designed to create team work between the pilots.

- Butterfly TTI server Admin

I think maybe the server could restart a little earlier. There usually isn't a lot to do the last 20 minutes before the restart. Is it possible to add a chance of clouds/weather/night at all on restarts? I have fun on this server. Keep up the good work :)

Edited by Kayos

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Is it possible to distribute the slots more evenly among the different airports in the area. Senkaki is often overpopulated creating problems with the ATC, etc. Also, it seems there is a FARP at Senkaki as well (Dallas) so we will often spawn in a fighter but within the Dallas FARP radius, meaning we can't use Senkaki ATC for startup and taxi comms.

Great server, have a lot of fun with squad mates on this one. Seems the Snap Views problem is back, at least for the Viggen. Talking about this one, anybody else here having terrible FPS issues with the Viggen? This is particularly noticeable when you are at Senaki or you look in the direction of it when flying.

If everyone one is flying solo of course the OPFOR is going to be destroyed instantly. The mission is designed to create team work between the pilots.

- Butterfly TTI server Admin

What do you mean? I've been on a few times and I'm not quite sure how I can help do my part to encourage team work..

What was your vision when you built the mission? What kind of coop play were you aiming for?

Is it possible to distribute the slots more evenly among the different airports in the area. Senkaki is often overpopulated creating problems with the ATC, etc. Also, it seems there is a FARP at Senkaki as well (Dallas) so we will often spawn in a fighter but within the Dallas FARP radius, meaning we can't use Senkaki ATC for startup and taxi comms.

As of now, the mission relies on airport zone triggers, I can look into moving planes to other airports in the near future, but it will take some time to update the tasking triggers.

I think maybe the server could restart a little earlier. There usually isn't a lot to do the last 20 minutes before the restart. Is it possible to add a chance of clouds/weather/night at all on restarts? I have fun on this server. Keep up the good work :)

We used to have 3 hours, but some of our big operations lasts just over 3 hours.

Clouds/weather is fine, and I'd love to do night, but a lot of our popular aircraft don't have working NVG. *glares at ED*

This is something I've been trying to balance for a while now. Still looking for the sweet spot for player-requested missions and 'ambient' enemy spawns (spawns that occur just from players flying around).

Thank you for your feedback as this sort of thing is hard to test alone. I'll take a second look at ambient and player initiated taskings so that there is always something to do.

Great server, have a lot of fun with squad mates on this one. Seems the Snap Views problem is back, at least for the Viggen. Talking about this one, anybody else here having terrible FPS issues with the Viggen? This is particularly noticeable when you are at Senaki or you look in the direction of it when flying.

Recently fixed snap views. No issues there. I do notice spawning the Viggen takes a bit longer, but as far as FPS goes, it has to do with the population of the server and units in the area. I've already made an update to reduce ground units at base for FPS increase, but there's not much I can do in terms of server population. I am looking into moving more slots to other bases to reduce traffic at the main base.

What do you mean? I've been on a few times and I'm not quite sure how I can help do my part to encourage team work..

What was your vision when you built the mission? What kind of coop play were you aiming for?

Butterfly is one of our admins and he does a very good job :D Unfortunately our admins can't really do much about server development.

Anything related to server development will have to go through me.

Originally this was a small co-op mission, but then it has converted to a large scale open-world PvE server.

Ideally, the persistent combat environment should evolve as there are more players. More players will increase the amount of enemy activity both in air and on ground.

Balance of gameplay is quite the hot issue and is constantly being worked on. You'll have to give me some time to take in feedback in regards to gameplay balance so I can work out the kinks to find a well balanced combat environment; Something to do at all times, not too overwhelming, and not too little.

However, player-initiated missions, especially air to ground, may require at least 1-2 CAS and 1-2 CAP to ensure mission success.

Overall, as missions and tasks are on going, the forced missions will stop being generated and will become a server-wide objective to complete all tasks to being new tasks.

I am planning an overhaul on tasking limits since it's easy for all A2A missions to be completed sooner than A2G, leaving CAP planes with not much to do (since sometimes the ambient a2a enemy spawns only launch an offensive CAP at you about 25% of the time you enter an enemy zone).

Kind of hard to put this to words, but the best way I can describe what I'm aiming for is kind of like GTA Online. You can roam the world as you please, taking on missions if you want to, but even if you don't, random events in the world can happen and you'll have to deal with them. Pair up, team up, go solo, it's up to you. That's the idea :)

"Through The Inferno"

Thanks this is helpful. CAP / CAS cooperation and coordination was not obvious to me. I guess I'm used to servers like 104th where you don't see that type of game play (more just a fighter arena and a ground pounding area that don't often seem to overlap).

What's the best way to coordinate CAS/CAP on this server? Intuitively I would expect to see a couple of TA waypoints / coordinates communicated over the radio that all players work on at the same time. Is this how it works? How do I know what TA is active and if there is a CAP or CAS need at the time I join? Maybe this is somehow managed in the f10 menu but I'm not sure how that all works.

Sorry for asking obvious questions!

edit - just read first post again and I think by using 'check current task' I can find out the active TA. So it seems voice comms to find out what is needed and then wing up/ coordinate at the TA is important. I haven't noticed much activity on Simple Radio - is there a teamspeak that's more active?

Edited by Windsortheater

deadly can I ask some questions about the Combined Arms aspect.

How is the CA intended to work on the server? Should it be used in conjunction with player vehicles to lase etc? I'm not super familiar with the workings of CA, though I do have the module, but for me I've been using it to mop up straggler units that players haven't cleared out in order to progress the tasking. So for example if there's an armored column up in the northwest of the map that no one is addressing, and most people are flying CAP and new fighters aren't spawning because it's waiting for the current task (destroying ground units) to complete; I'll just use CA on the F10 map to select a nearby friendly ground squad and direct them to destroy it.

Which leads to the second point - when I use CA in this manner my units *always* destroy the enemy units. It's as if red doesn't fight back, like their default state doesn't permit them to return fire from attacking ground units. Is that intended?

How is the CA intended to work on the server? Should it be used in conjunction with player vehicles to lase etc? I'm not super familiar with the workings of CA, though I do have the module, but for me I've been using it to mop up straggler units that players haven't cleared out in order to progress the tasking. So for example if there's an armored column up in the northwest of the map that no one is addressing, and most people are flying CAP and new fighters aren't spawning because it's waiting for the current task (destroying ground units) to complete; I'll just use CA on the F10 map to select a nearby friendly ground squad and direct them to destroy it.

Which leads to the second point - when I use CA in this manner my units *always* destroy the enemy units. It's as if red doesn't fight back, like their default state doesn't permit them to return fire from attacking ground units. Is that intended?

Interesting post. I didn't realize there could be a ground commander / blue commander playing.

If there is no human commander doesn't the mission script instruct players to take care of open tasks (ie. the straggler units) - kind of like an AI commander? or are the players expected to find straggler units throughout the map (using f10 view or..?)

Interesting post. I didn't realize there could be a ground commander / blue commander playing.

If there is no human commander doesn't the mission script instruct players to take care of open tasks (ie. the straggler units) - kind of like an AI commander? or are the players expected to find straggler units throughout the map (using f10 view or..?)

It should, but it doesn't seem to notify you clearly about what needs to be done if you aren't flying the right "slotted" vehicle (CAP, CAS, etc) or if you haven't previously selected air-to-ground missions. particularly in that upper left corner of the map it seems pretty common for that area to be overlooked by ground pounders, I'm guessing also since it's a bit of a haul for the ka50s from Kolkhi.

So as a fighter in CAP all you'll see is a message that there's a mission in progress and no new tasks can be assigned, but it doesn't give any details about what the current mission is. If that info is available it's not easy to see without going to the F10 map (which then does make it kind of obvious... maybe that's the design intent).

Sorry i'm not Deadly but I can answer your question

How is the CA intended to work on the server? Should it be used in conjunction with player vehicles to lase etc?

This is the intended purpose but we can do many other things with it.

I'm not super familiar with the workings of CA, though I do have the module, but for me I've been using it to mop up straggler units that players haven't cleared out in order to progress the tasking. So for example if there's an armored column up in the northwest of the map that no one is addressing, and most people are flying CAP and new fighters aren't spawning because it's waiting for the current task (destroying ground units) to complete; I'll just use CA on the F10 map to select a nearby friendly ground squad and direct them to destroy it.

It could be because the REDFOR is set to Hold fire; or you could be using the TOW launcher which is set to invisible and or invincible either way if you want to fight the ground units then jump into a Abrams.

- [TTI] Butterfly

Sorry i'm not Deadly but I can answer your question

This is the intended purpose but we can do many other things with it.

It could be because the REDFOR is set to Hold fire; or you could be using the TOW launcher which is set to invisible and or invincible either way if you want to fight the ground units then jump into a Abrams.

- [TTI] Butterfly

Thanks for answering. What do you think about changing their state to ReturnFire? That way if attacked by ground units that are ordered from the map, they will at least fight back?

This was because of the previous utility of CA in the earlier stages of TTI.

Before, there was a trigger option in your menu to "Activate ground units" which then "awakened" the BLUEFOR ground units to start attacking and become visible. Now they are just there for anyone who wants to mess with it. Still haven't found a good balance yet for CA users, since sometimes a CA player will wipeout an entire force before the jets can get to them. So for now, it's a WIP.

Thanks this is helpful. CAP / CAS cooperation and coordination was not obvious to me. I guess I'm used to servers like 104th where you don't see that type of game play (more just a fighter arena and a ground pounding area that don't often seem to overlap).

What's the best way to coordinate CAS/CAP on this server? Intuitively I would expect to see a couple of TA waypoints / coordinates communicated over the radio that all players work on at the same time. Is this how it works? How do I know what TA is active and if there is a CAP or CAS need at the time I join? Maybe this is somehow managed in the f10 menu but I'm not sure how that all works.

Sorry for asking obvious questions!

edit - just read first post again and I think by using 'check current task' I can find out the active TA. So it seems voice comms to find out what is needed and then wing up/ coordinate at the TA is important. I haven't noticed much activity on Simple Radio - is there a teamspeak that's more active?

We use discord mostly, at least the regulars do. Quite a few on periodically during the day.

Thanks for answering. What do you think about changing their state to ReturnFire? That way if attacked by ground units that are ordered from the map, they will at least fight back?

See my reply above in the post :)

"Through The Inferno"

I just put together a dedicated server at home that will be running 24/7.

its a Amd FX 8350 with 16GB ram and SSD, should do the trick.

5B9RYLZ.jpg

But i was kinda sad to see that the southern part is not yet available yet and the servers that are up hosting it are either in America or Australia. What gives?

I have a 500Mbit fiber connected to the server, where do i apply to become an official host? :P

Edited by pefman

i7 6700k | 16GB DDR4 | ASUS GeForce GTX 1080 Ti STRIX | 960 EVO | HTC Vive

I just put together a dedicated server at home that will be running 24/7.

its a Amd FX 8350 with 16GB ram and SSD, should do the trick.

But i was kinda sad to see that the southern part is not yet available yet and the servers that are up hosting it are either in America or Australia. What gives?

Define southern part, we have a version of the mission based in Georgia.

I have a 500Mbit fiber connected to the server, where do i apply to become an official host? :P
We are currently not doing applications for hosting but if you jump on our discord (https://discord.gg/BRF2pcN) and talk to me or Deadlyfishes i'm sure we can sort something out.

- TTI Butterfly (Head Admin)