Is $36000 in 6-days lef for the Kickstarter possible at the current rate?

Mysticpuma

There does seem to have been a real.slowdown in progress regarding the financial input in the Kickstarter.

I know as a community we have spread the word by video, pdf brochures and contacting various forums/websites and other possible interested parties.

What do you think Ilya needs to show the public to drive the Kickstarter through at-least it's stretch goal?

I think it's a shame it's not possible to create a Paypal account where payment can be sent and this could he used to remotely add funds to the kickstarter.

So RRG have a Paypal account (with email address), you send funds to that Paypal saying exactly which option you require and they take the money, add it to the Kickstarter and confirm.your pledge? I think a lot of people would like some way of adding funds by Paypal, and as the main.Kickstarter goal is guaranteed to be funded, this money does not have to be taken out straight away, so it could be added to the.pot by RRG, forwarded through their own account onto the Kickstarter and then we would possibly see the funding rise substantially quickly?

Two more smaller points.

I think it would be good for one of the team to visit this, their official site and just say a few words to their new community.

Finally what would you like to.see in an update in the remaining days that would possibly boost the sales by engaging, impressing and capturing the communities interest and imagination?

I personally think some official image/ video of the 262 external model, even work in progress may spark some interest or jst something new that is not 'current' DCS World, but something DCS1944 that shows a glimpse of whT the future holds

..without being a place holder?

I'd love to see a Spitfire/109 or 262 model (or P-51/190 against the new Edge terrain or against a much improved sky texture/weather effect. Just something that shows there is a bright future ahead and something that will appeal to all aspects of the Flight community.

Cheers, MP

Now, I dont wanna be all negative and this is just my opinion.

But I think that "this cow is milked", referring to the Kickstarter.

There is only so much community. Of which XY% still might not be aware of this.

Some of those that are aware, might still be on the fence.

The project is in such early shape that there isnt much more stuff to show to make people pledge.

And those that did in fact pledge, might not be able to afford upping their pledge any further.

The far stretch goals were always an illusion (or just very optimistic).

Again, just my opinion, dont hate! ;)

http://www.kicktraq.com/projects/508681281/dcs-wwii-europe-1944/

Day 1 trend was towards 550k, been dropping ever since.

Day 5 it was trending towards 350k, today its just below 150k.

Then again, we did reach the initial goal, so all is good. People are passionate and excited about DCS WWII, I think we are doing well :)

Edited by BabyJail

One point: it's perfectly possible to pledge with a Paypal debit card. That's what I did, with no difficulties.

Other than that one point... I wonder how much more we can reasonably expect from the WWII flight sim community. We are a very small niche, ya know? Good thing the average WWII simmer appears to be dedicated over the long term to projects he believes in, and also must have higher than average disposable income in order to afford the gaming PC, the TrackIR, joystick, and other peripherals... but there are only so much of us to go around.

In the most recent vid, Luthier made some good points about attracting the larger gaming community, and hinted at solutions to this problem. But those solutions aren't here yet.

I'm just happy the base goal was met. :)

What I think killed it was announcement that everyone (even those that didn't pledge) would be getting the base 3 aircraft for free... in my view this was sending message that you don't have to pledge, as if enough do and $100,000 is reached, you'll be getting them for free... and people love free stuff

No longer active in DCS...

I'd have created a non combat type such as the Harvard or Tiger Moth and given that as the free to play aircraft. The Spit, P47 and 109 could have been added as rewards for pledges to a certain level. Yes, people love free stuff, although people say KS isn't a shop you do need to motivate people to pledge. Getting the 3 base aircraft for free just took away the motivation imo.

The presence of EDs P51 and soon 190D has confused things, their status should have been confirmed right at the start. I now think it would have been better to exclude them completely from the KS goals but say you'll be able to install them in DCS WW2, as with future non RRG WW2 planes. Use the Spit, P47 and 109 as rewards, make it clear they'll be $40 each after release. Use the P51 and 190 as examples of quality only.

At least we reached the base goal, things could be worse…

He should add a PayPal option for this final push, see here as an example

70,000. raised

anyway, many people seem to have PayPal accounts...and is my favorite way too, for on-line purchases

a lot more people, myself included, would probably pledge.

I'd have created a non combat type such as the Harvard or Tiger Moth and given that as the free to play aircraft. The Spit, P47 and 109 could have been added as rewards for pledges to a certain level. Yes, people love free stuff, although people say KS isn't a shop you do need to motivate people to pledge. Getting the 3 base aircraft for free just took away the motivation imo.

The presence of EDs P51 and soon 190D has confused things, their status should have been confirmed right at the start. I now think it would have been better to exclude them completely from the KS goals but say you'll be able to install them in DCS WW2, as with future non RRG WW2 planes. Use the Spit, P47 and 109 as rewards, make it clear they'll be $40 each after release. Use the P51 and 190 as examples of quality only.

At least we reached the base goal, things could be worse…

I think the Harvard would have been the better choice here, as it is close in the required engine management you see with the Mustang.

What I think killed it was announcement that everyone (even those that didn't pledge) would be getting the base 3 aircraft for free... in my view this was sending message that you don't have to pledge, as if enough do and $100,000 is reached, you'll be getting them for free... and people love free stuff

Yes I appreciate what Ilya is trying to do but I do not think all three should have been produced for free. Two free and then you must purchase the third should you want it.

harrier landing GIFRYZEN 7 3700X Running at 4.35 GHz

NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080Ti

32gb DDR4 RAM @3200 MHz

Oculus CV1 NvME 970 EVO

TM Warthog Stick & Throttle plus 11" extension. VKB T-Rudder MKIV

I just posted this on the kickstarter messages:

"Slipball excellent find. It proves Paypal is an option and should be added now! My worry is that the target for the initial starter goal of $100,000 having been reached means the project will be funded. If on the last day of looks like the stretch goal wont be reached, what is to stop 'pledgers' reducing their amount offered because they don't see the money opening up the 262 for them? That's a really negative view, I know, but I assume some of the more recent donations or increases in pledges are to try and get to that 262, and if it comes down to the last day and RRG are nowhere near (say trend is $129,000) then those pledges can easily be pulled.

I think it's vitally important that in these last few days, Ilya shows a lot more presence here and looks at Slipball's link and offers Paypal. This is the chance to get those last few pledges that could make all the difference.

Related to the above, looking at Slipball's link.......over $2,000,000 pledged for a side scrolling old school game :(

Come on Ilya...one last push :(

I think the Harvard would have been the better choice here, as it is close in the required engine management you see with the Mustang.

A free trainer plane wouldn't attract nowhere near the amount of players that a free combat plane would.

They made the right, albeit long term, choice.

^^that.

i still cant believe, that they are giving away 3full fidelity aircraft for free...

one would be generous enough already, and not necessary in my view...but giving away 3 of them, and yet one of the most popular types of that era is just insane.personally i know a punch of guys from my former squad who didnt pledge, very likely because of that reason...and im pretty confident once the sime gets released they will jump on board,...the free one.

i dont have a problem with attracting new players and give them something for free, but we could have generated way more money without doing so(or with only one free plane), probably hit at least the first stretch goal, and besides, RRG's future would look more wealthy as well if they would get some income back from their development...

two are basically done so just leaves another one plane to do if they had to do them from scratch then yes I would agree.

no they are not...not RRG's planes...

the P51 and the FW190 are ED and not RRG...and they will not be free planes(infact the only ones which will be payware)

RRG have yet to develop the 109,P47 and Spit, and all of them will be free....

• Like 1

If it was me i would of...

Announced the KS at the same time with the same opening, but not started the actual funding for the KS for another month, then during this month i would of ran polls to ask what planes interest the most people and get a top 5 not including the p51 and the 190 and just kept working on the map, models, answering questions on the forums and making some videos...spreading the word.

Then launched the KS with base game - Map, MP, Single player campaigns and 3 planes, the P51, 190D and the Spit IX for 40$ then added planes in stretch goals for higher pledges in line with the top 5 planes in the poll, forget the t-shirts manuals and the other fluff.

kept it simple for the first year and then build from there.

But easy for me to say i guess and there may of been other factors involved.

Yes I appreciate what Ilya is trying to do but I do not think all three should have been produced for free. Two free and then you must purchase the third should you want it.

If I were Ilya, I'd put the base price for DCS:WW2 with 3 planes included at $20 (for after-release). But if you pledge at least $10, you get the same package, as a reward for being an 'early backer'. That's $10 for three DCS-level airplanes, which is an amazing deal.

After that, 5 airplanes should cost $50 or more on Kickstarter (and $80 on release).

Me.262 should not be a stretch goal, but should be instead a reward for higher backers. For example, if you back $80 or more, you get the Me.262 included. But I'd set the release date for Me.262 later than the initial 5-airplane release (say 6 months later for the flyable one). And at eventual release, Me.262 module should cost $40 (so if you back it on Kickstarter, you get a $10 discount, basically, plus beta access).

Likewise, B.17 should be a reward for higher tier packages (for example at $140 you get both ME.262 and B.17), and again B.17 should be set for release at a later date (for example 1 year after the initial DCS:WW2 release). When released, B.17 should cost a minimum of $80 or $90 (so, if you back it on Kickstarter, you get a really nice discount).

Alpha should be added for an extra fee to all packages, and each package should come in a 'digital' and 'physical' reward tier (digital being with just the airplanes and digital manuals, physical packages having Tshirts, spiral bound manuals etc).

I think with this approach we'd get a lot more people pledging (people who are now counting on the 'free' release would at least in part pledge the minimum $10, and people who pledged $40 counting on all the airplanes would surely gladly pay more if it meant they're getting the ME262 and B17 for sure).

My 2 cents...

But at this point, it's too late. I'm happy we got over 100k. Would be happier with 150k, but that seems unreachable at this moment...

DCS A10C Warthog, DCS Black Shark 2, DCS P51D Mustang, DCS UH-1H Huey, DCS Mi-8MTV2 Magnificent Eight, Flaming Cliffs 3, Combined Arms

System: Intel i7 4770k @4,2GHz; MSI Z87-G65; 16GB DDR3 1600 MHz RAM; 128GB SSD SATA3 (system disk); 2TB HDD SATA3 (games disk); Sapphire Radeon R9 290 Tri-X; Windows 7 64bit

Flight controls: Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog; Saitek Pro Flight Combat Rudder; TrackIR 5; Thrustmaster F16 MFDs; 2x 8'' LCD screens (VGA) for MFD display; 27'' LG LCD full HD main display

T

So RRG have a Paypal account (with email address), you send funds to that Paypal saying exactly which option you require and they take the money, add it to the Kickstarter and confirm.your pledge?

Kickstarter itself takes a part of the money. It'd be pretty studio from RRG to add the money to kickstarter after they received it directly from you.

That being said, they probably should set up a further funding homepage after the kickstarter ends.

I did not know they were giving away them three planes so glad you corrected me. I see your point now I just trust they know what they're doing. :thumbup:

yeah i trust them as well...and its definitely attracting new players when they get 3planes for free....so in the long run this model could be successfull...

my only concern is, that they are going to get broke which is the last i want to see.but im sure luthier isnt that insane, and besides, as they were developing the cockpit for the fw190, i think they will get a part of the income from the 190 at least...

yes, as many here already mentioned, i also think that they should give people the option to donate/pledge/fund after the kickstarter on their future homepage, for special features/content.

like, donate for B17 button

or donate for bigger map button

and next to it a description of how much would be needed to fund the goal and the current pledged amount...that would be cool, and certainly encouraging people to pledge...

yeah i trust them as well...and its definitely attracting new players when they get 3planes for free....so in the long run this model could be successfull...

my only concern is, that they are going to get broke which is the last i want to see.but im sure luthier isnt that insane, and besides, as they were developing the cockpit for the fw190, i think they will get a part of the income from the 190 at least...

yes, as many here already mentioned, i also think that they should give people the option to donate/pledge/fund after the kickstarter on their future homepage, for special features/content.

like, donate for B17 button

or donate for bigger map button

and next to it a description of how much would be needed to fund the goal and the current pledged amount...that would be cool, and certainly encouraging people to pledge...

+1

I agree 100%. It's a lot to ask people to take a leap of faith to fund all future expansion. I'm happy to see we are at a point to help build a strong base with a bunch of great aircraft. Once we have that knocked out we can see where we go from there. I really believe there will be plenty to keep everyone busy once we get the Mustang, Dora, Spit, Jug and 109 of DCS quality in the same airspace over Normandy! Can you imagine it? :thumbsup:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

[Dogs of War] WWII COMBAT SERVER | P-51D - FW190-D9 - Me109-K4

Visit Our Website & Forum to Get More Info & Team Speak Access

That! WTH is this? Giving out one Gerry and one Brit of DCS-level fidelity would be extremely generous already.

That said I think 150k is perfectly achievable, IF there's a constant flow of new people. This means spreading the word is all we need and all we actually can do right now.

I just posted this on the kickstarter messages:

"Slipball excellent find. It proves Paypal is an option and should be added now!

Isn't there a PayPal workaround? Care to give an overview for the process?