KA-50 Steam Serial Needed in order to upgrade, cannot find

Do a search for Black Shark in the HKEY_USERS folder in Regedit then it will be in the Keys/License0 folder under Number

Its that easy.....of course this all hinges on you actually having a Licensed version of Black Shark 1 installed on your computer.

Otherwise open a support ticket on the DCS website here http://support.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/new.php

Airdog

| Asus ROG Strix Z370-E Mobo | i7 8700K @ 4.7 | 32 GB DDR4@3200mhz | Gigabyte 2080Ti OC 11GB| Samsung M.2 960 Evo 250Gb and 500Gb | Win10 Pro | Hotas Warthog #02743 | Track IR 5 | Toshiba 47" 120hz LED | Acer 23" Touchscreen | HELIOS |Oculus Rift-S|

http://www.blackknightssquadron.com/

Check this for some instructions: http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=57556

Alternatively go this route:

attachment.php?attachmentid=60745&d=1325268113

attachment.php?attachmentid=60746&d=1325268113

attachment.php?attachmentid=60747&d=1325268113

attachment.php?attachmentid=60748&d=1325268144

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Daniel "EtherealN" Agorander | Даниэль "эфирныйн" Агорандер

Intel i7 2600K @ 4.4GHz, ASUS Sabertooth P67, 8GB Corsair Vengeance @ 1600MHz, ASUS GTX 560Ti DirectCU II 1GB, Samsung 830series 512GB SSD, Corsair AX850w, two BENQ screens and TM HOTAS Warthog

DCS: A-10C Warthog FAQ | DCS: P-51D FAQ | Remember to read the Forum Rules |

|
| Life of a Game Tester

Do a search for Black Shark in the HKEY_USERS folder in Regedit then it will be in the Keys/License0 folder under Number

Its that easy.....of course this all hinges on you actually having a Licensed version of Black Shark 1 installed on your computer.

Otherwise open a support ticket on the DCS website here http://support.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/new.php

Thank you for the reply, i checked my registry edit and tried the key there before making this post, and unfortunately it still didnt work.

Steam has your serial listed under the 'Product Key' IIRC.

Novice or Veteran looking for an alternative MP career?

Click me to commence your Journey of Pillage and Plunder!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

'....And when I get to Heaven, to St Peter I will tell....

One more Soldier reporting Sir, I've served my time in Hell......'

Thank you for the reply, unfortunately i have the steam version of the KA-50 Blackshark, not the Digital Download from the DCS website.

Then you don't need any code. Just have the game installed through Steam as normal and install.

If you worry about it before purchase, just download the upgrade version and install it. If it installs, you're good. It checks during install, and you don't need to purchase before downloading.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Intel i7 2600K @ 4.4GHz, ASUS Sabertooth P67, 8GB Corsair Vengeance @ 1600MHz, ASUS GTX 560Ti DirectCU II 1GB, Samsung 830series 512GB SSD, Corsair AX850w, two BENQ screens and TM HOTAS Warthog

|
| Life of a Game Tester

Then you don't need any code. Just have the game installed through Steam as normal and install.

If you worry about it before purchase, just download the upgrade version and install it. If it installs, you're good. It checks during install, and you don't need to purchase before downloading.

I have the upgrade version installed, now its telling me that in order to play i need to have the serial, which should be with my previous game. I think my problem is that i have BS1 through steam and BS2 through ED.

I have the upgrade version installed, now its telling me that in order to play i need to have the serial, which should be with my previous game. I think my problem is that i have BS1 through steam and BS2 through ED.

No. This is not a problem.

Here's how the upgrade works:

1) During install, it checks if you have an activated copy of Black Shark 1.

2) When starting a mission first time, it asks for activation of Black Shark 2. Here you use the license number you obtained through purchase.

(3) After step one, you are free to uninstall Black Shark 1 if you so desire, though it will have to be installed again if you thereafter need to reinstall BS2 Upgrade.)

If it installed at all, and you donwloaded the correct version, your BS1 being Steam has already become irrelevant. If anything BS1-related was the problem, the BS2 Upgrade would not install in the first place. BS2 is a separate install and does not use any BS1 key in any capacity whatsoever.

EDIT:

IIRC is an acronym for "Insofar as I ReCall".

Edited by EtherealN

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

|
| Life of a Game Tester

No. This is not a problem.

Here's how the upgrade works:

1) During install, it checks if you have an activated copy of Black Shark 1.

2) When starting a mission first time, it asks for activation of Black Shark 2. Here you use the license number you obtained through purchase.

(3) After step one, you are free to uninstall Black Shark 1 if you so desire, though it will have to be installed again if you thereafter need to reinstall BS2 Upgrade.)

If it installed at all, and you donwloaded the correct version, your BS1 being Steam has already become irrelevant. If anything BS1-related was the problem, the BS2 Upgrade would not install in the first place. BS2 is a separate install and does not use any BS1 key in any capacity whatsoever.

EDIT:

IIRC is an acronym for "Insofar as I ReCall".

Thanks! I was able to find my Serial and will use it, thank you for the help!:thumbup: