Static Planes over Hangars

By-Jokese

I think this might actually be intended behavior. Static Objects are able to be freely placed without the usual restrictions that we have on units (ie you can place a static aircraft on a mountain).

If you want parked aircraft, place AI units and set them to be uncontrolled. This also prevents another problem with using statics, if there is a static object in a parking spot, landing AI won't think the parking spot is filled as far as I know. They will then taxi to parking and either get stuck, crash, or clip the static.

Awaiting: DCS F-15C

Win 10 i5-9600KF 4.6 GHz 64 GB RAM RTX2080Ti 11GB -- Win 7 64 i5-6600K 3.6 GHz 32 GB RAM GTX970 4GB -- A-10C, F-5E, Su-27, F-15C, F-14B, F-16C missions in User Files

True and valid

I think this might actually be intended behavior. Static Objects are able to be freely placed without the usual restrictions that we have on units (ie you can place a static aircraft on a mountain).

If you want parked aircraft, place AI units and set them to be uncontrolled. This also prevents another problem with using statics, if there is a static object in a parking spot, landing AI won't think the parking spot is filled as far as I know. They will then taxi to parking and either get stuck, crash, or clip the static.

This ^^^

Intel i7-13700KF :: ROG STRIX Z790-A GAMING WIFI D4 :: Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB ::  MSI RTX 4080  Gaming X Trio  :: VKB Gunfighter MK.III MCG Ultimate :: VPC MongoosT-50 CM3 :: non-VR :: single player :: open beta

Had the same issue on NTTR, some time ago. Placing uncontrolled units instead of Statics, solved that problem. :smilewink:

Ryzen 5800XD - 32GB RAM - Sapphire RX 7900 XTX - VKB Stuff + MFG Crosswind Pedals

Homebase: Southwest Germany 🇩🇪