M.E help

thrustvector

hey guys, I'm making a mission where a small boat goes out to a bigger one, now the problems....I think with triggers, small one activates by unit in zone then bigger ship activates when small one in zone.

now every time I run it it seems you cant get boats close to shore on the PG map, as they always start further out than I put them, seems it does not know there are harbours, but oh well.

my problem is when I start the big ship is already moving and I had no idea why, then I noticed its visible area? the yellow circle that surrounds it, so I assume it already thinks the other unit is near? if that's the case can I reduce this yellow circle zone?

No, the circles represent the range of its sensors and (the smaller one) the range of its longest weapon.

What you can do is set its waypoint conditions so that it does not react to nearby uníts unless attacked.

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

is there a way to get around not being able to place units where you want in a harbour..ships.

or is it a matter of just trial and error

Can you show exactly where are you trying to put the ships? .. I've had no problem to place transport ships within a harbor, where they are almost immune to attack from the sea usong air-surface missiles ...

... thats why on this example I chose to attack from inland, using Maverick missiles instead ... with a bit of practice I was able to fire 4 Mavericks on a single run:

i93H3k3RPa8

:D

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB