DCS: de Havilland DH.98 Mosquito FB Mk VI Discussion

msalama

Figured Id just post this goodie too, now that we are on the subject. Has some good info on what it is like to fly this marvelous chunk of wood :)

- Jack of many DCS modules, master of none.

- Personal wishlist: F-15A, F-4S Phantom II, JAS 39A Gripen, SAAB 35 Draken, F-104 Starfighter, Panavia Tornado IDS.

| Windows 11 | i5-12400 | 64Gb DDR4 | RTX 3080 | 2x M.2 | 27" 1440p | Rift CV1 | Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS | MFG Crosswind pedals |

Mosquito-2s.jpg

Hugely excited!

2 questions though:

1. Roundels?!?! After the repeated evidence reported for the spitfire can this still not be got right?

2. Will the exhaust types be optional? The majority of FB Mk.IV had the shrouded type.

I thought the Mk.IV's were all B Mk.IV's & the FB's were FB Mk.VI ... ?

Mk IV:

De_Havilland_Mosquito-DK338-1942.jpg

Mk VI

Bombing_up_Mosquito_RAF_Hunsdon_1944_IWM_CH_12407.jpg

Cheers.

BLUF: why compromise on the single attribute that sets you apart from your competitors and attracts your customer base. Especially when they have a huge lead going down that route.

If it didn't have a clickable cockpit and ASM I would not buy it and I would not allow it in my server except as AI.

IF it was going to be a fully clickable cockpit with PFM and ASM and was released in stages, as an AI then released in Early Access as a SFM with the intent that it evolved into PFM and ASM without me having to pay for an upgrade (i.e. I pay $40 for early access and those who passed and waited until it was released with PFM and ASM pay $69) i would definitely purchase and participate in providing feedback while it develops.

I fly DCS WWII for the PFM and ASM and EDs previous unwillingness to compromise unless evidence could be provided. If ED is going to go the route of other flights "sims" there are other options, cheaper, (They charge $19.99 for a similar product.) with bigger planets and player base that are coming to the ETO soon.

So, A-10A or even Su-27 are not interesting? In other words, if A-10A was available few months before C, you would not buy it?

YoYo,

Im fine with a FC3 mossie to increase the player base and I'd even buy it just to support ED. However I would have to KNOW a full fidelity ASM AFM version is coming. My fear would be ED deciding "We sold enough of the lower fidelity that further investment is unlikely to see a worthwhile return."

• ED Team

PFM is compulsory for any aircraft from ED. Mosquito is very rich plane in regard of available data, so I do not see a reason not get it and then upgrade to ASM.

PFM, as I told earlier, includes absolutely the same parts at the same level as the full model without any compromise for an airframe, an engine, a prop and all that jazz about propwash. The same weapons.

Ніщо так сильно не ранить мозок, як уламки скла від розбитих рожевих окулярів

There is nothing so hurtful for the brain as splinters of broken rose-coloured spectacles.

Ничто так сильно не ранит мозг, как осколки стекла от разбитых розовых очков (С) Me

Thank you for the info Yo-Yo, It sounds as if my dream of flying a twin engine propeller aircraft in the DCS may someday come true! I really like Yak-52 also. Thank you for all your and everyone else's efforts.

We are Virtual Pilots, a growing International Squad of pilots, we fly Allies in WWII and Red Force in Korea and Modern combat. We are recruiting like minded people of all Nationalities and skill levels.

http://virtual-pilots.com/

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

PFM is compulsory for any aircraft from ED. Mosquito is very rich plane in regard of available data, so I do not see a reason not get it and then upgrade to ASM.

PFM, as I told earlier, includes absolutely the same parts at the same level as the full model without any compromise for an airframe, an engine, a prop and all that jazz about propwash. The same weapons.

If in early access the bird will not have ASM but it will be added in the release - it's one way and it's ok.

If in early access the bird will not have ASM but it might be added in the release when the stars align - it's another way and not so ok

Куплю B-17, можно B-24. B-29 не предлагать!

Burning Skies

=Burning Skies= @ Facebook

When it comes to modern stuff I stick to the PFM/ASM planes. For WW2 planes I would prefer full PFM/ASM but I would absolutely buy planes that didn't have ASM. There's not a massive amount of stuff to press and I have virtually all of it mapped to my HOTAS. If there was an option to get my hands on a WW2 plane with just PFM that might or might not be upgraded later to the full model I'd still go for it. I might be a bit more selective about what I would buy compared to the full modelsv but if it got the whole WW2 environment fleshed out a bit more quickly I think it'd be worth it. Anyway when it comes to the Mossie I'm in no matter what.

Why is this a 5 page long thread about, I want this and that fidelity or dont want this and that? Has it been stated anywhere what ED is intending to do, other than making a AI version followed by a flyable one?

Feels like fear driven posting. Why not just discus this magnificent plane. Im sure there is a lot of info and data to share with each other ;).

- Jack of many DCS modules, master of none.

- Personal wishlist: F-15A, F-4S Phantom II, JAS 39A Gripen, SAAB 35 Draken, F-104 Starfighter, Panavia Tornado IDS.

| Windows 11 | i5-12400 | 64Gb DDR4 | RTX 3080 | 2x M.2 | 27" 1440p | Rift CV1 | Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS | MFG Crosswind pedals |

• ED Team

No firm info has been given on much of anything, research for this and other aircraft is always the same, to bring you the most advanced and complete simulation of a specific aircraft out there. If ED is looking at ways of getting aircraft to us faster, I think most of us are for it. But again, wait till we have more info.

Also, I had to delete a bunch of posts mentioning other sims, please stop. Even comparing FC3 to other sims is not correct, FC3 has some of the most advanced flight models available in a simulation. Even system modelling is beyond what others offer, it's not as complete as full modules, but they are not cookie cutter products either, as seen with how long its taken to get the PFM upgrades.

Again, just wait for more info. And discuss your love for this aircraft, and what it could bring to DCS.

64Sig.png
Forum RulesMy YouTube • My Discord - NineLine#0440• **How to Report a Bug**

1146563203_makefg(6).png.82dab0a01be3a361522f3fff75916ba4.png  80141746_makefg(1).png.6fa028f2fe35222644e87c786da1fabb.png  28661714_makefg(2).png.b3816386a8f83b0cceab6cb43ae2477e.png  389390805_makefg(3).png.bca83a238dd2aaf235ea3ce2873b55bc.png  216757889_makefg(4).png.35cb826069cdae5c1a164a94deaff377.png  1359338181_makefg(5).png.e6135dea01fa097e5d841ee5fb3c2dc5.png

Why is this a 5 page long thread about, I want this and that fidelity or dont want this and that? Has it been stated anywhere what ED is intending to do, other than making a AI version followed by a flyable one?

Feels like fear driven posting. Why not just discus this magnificent plane. Im sure there is a lot of info and data to share with each other ;).

Just this

https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=3606426&postcount=6

Because Yo-Yo asked peoples opinions :) ?

So, A-10A or even Su-27 are not interesting? In other words, if A-10A was available few months before C, you would not buy it?

Cheers.

Well what it could bring to DCS is WWII precision bombing. Coupled with WWII navigation technology and techniques, that’s got to be a whole lotta fun.

harrier landing GIFRYZEN 7 3700X Running at 4.35 GHz

NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080Ti

32gb DDR4 RAM @3200 MHz

Oculus CV1 NvME 970 EVO

TM Warthog Stick & Throttle plus 11" extension. VKB T-Rudder MKIV

Well what it could bring to DCS is WWII precision bombing. Coupled with WWII navigation technology and techniques, that’s got to be a whole lotta fun.

I think the Mosquito build by ED has not the bomber variant. That not have a Mark XIV bomb sight or similar. The actual version has been the Fighter Bomber variant.

I think the Mosquito build by ED has not the bomber variant. That not have a Mark XIV bomb sight or similar. The actual version has been the Fighter Bomber variant.

Mosquito-2s.jpg

No.

its not the Bomber version, its the fighter bomber version FB Mk. VI. four 20 mm Hispano cannon four 7.7 mm Browning machine guns.

If we get the 57mm gun as a mod this version is called the tsetse fly, Mk XVIII (anti shp)

Edited by LcSummers
  • Like 1

Mosquito-2s.jpg

Ok that is a shame. Could still carry bombs but no bomb sight. Rockets and cannons though.

harrier landing GIFRYZEN 7 3700X Running at 4.35 GHz

NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080Ti

32gb DDR4 RAM @3200 MHz

Oculus CV1 NvME 970 EVO

TM Warthog Stick & Throttle plus 11" extension. VKB T-Rudder MKIV

Cant wait to sneak up on unsuspecting 109s then dash away fast as all hell, on another note i hope we can get the bouncing bombs, 4000lbs bomb and the 57 mm molins cannon, would mean more then one version of the aircraft though.

Oh well we have 3 different Gazelles!