QFE and Mixed payload questions.

Hi everyone.

I've read some weeks ago that ED have changed their atmospheric model, hence making the Viggen a little bit useless for some weapons. This problem has been fixed ? Because I have poor accuracy with rockets, AKAN and some bomb delivery mods.

EDIT : Mentioned in the Viggen dev update thread, my bad... It's been fixed for the Open Beta and rockets will soon be fixed too. Good News.

My other question is about the weapons mixing on the Viggen. According to the manual (Page 277), the Viggen have a very limited mixed weapons payload capability, due to the fact that the weapons selection switch can use the same position for 2 or even 3 different weapons... Thus the computer don't know which one to select.

But there are cases when you must be able to mix weapons. My particular case is BK-90 with M-71 bombs. The BK-90 uses the ATTAK mode, while the bombes uses either PLAN, DYK or RR modes. So, since there will be no conflict, I must be able to take BK-90 and Bombs... But each time I try to launch the Bk-90 with this payload, DCS crashes.

I would like to know if you have the same problem, and if somebody know if there are other limitations other than the weapon selection switch for mixing payload, I'll listen.

Thanks, cheers !

Edited by Jowen G. Bruère-Dawson

It probably has to do with weight balance too. From what I’ve read about the trim at start there are only one scenario where there should be 3deg trim at start:

-When there is a filled external tank.

So my thought was that the different armament options make balance in pitch and that’s why they look the way they do.

Off course I could have missed some other reference to the pitch trim at start, but the only one I’ve found concern the filled external tank.

The only AG weapons you can mix is AKAN with RB05 or AKAN with RB75.

RB24/74 can be used with any loadout.

The relevant weapon selector is not located in the cockpit.

The available positions are:

04/15/BK for RB04, RBS15 or BK90

05/75 for RB05 or RB75

AKAN/05/75 for AKAN combined with either RB05 or RB75

IR-RB for only RB24/74

ARAK for rockets

BOMB for M71

LYSB for illumination bombs

External countermeasures are configured with a separate Equipped/Not equipped switch in the same bay.

Edited by Vladinsky

Wow, thank you very much ! Apreciate this kind of information. There are the left and right selector, right selector is pretty self explanatory but what does the 0/1/2/3-4 mean for the left selector ?

According to google, Vapenantal mean ''Weapons'' and Vapenväljare mean... ''Coat selector''... If you can explain a little ?

Thanks again for your answers

Vapenantal means number of weapons. Vapenväljare is weapon selector.

The number simply indicates how many stations are loaded with the selected weapon. As an example, you want to use three rocket pods and a jammer.

Vapenväljare goes to ARAK,

Vapenantal to 3-4,

Yttre Motm(external countermeasures) switch to Hängt(Equipped/loaded in this context).

Here's a loading and settings guide of sorts, also in swedish unfortunately. https://imgur.com/a/xrc6o

From left to right on the first page.

Vapenantal, number of weapons.

Vapenväljare, type of weapon.

Lastväljare, live, inert or practice weapon.

Säk Avst, minimum safe distance. Large, medium, small.

Yttre Motm, external countermeasures. KB/U22

With/without switch. With is selected when any of the things labeled are present like rocket proximity fuzes, RBS15, RB75, BK90 or practice rockets. Not sure what BFASK is referring to.

First choice weapon, which weapon will be fired first. Vänster(left), Höger(right)

Simulated or live RB05.

Canard flap angle setting. It's changed based on loadout center of gravity.