VAICOM PRO plugin for VoiceAttack

Hollywood_315

I have tried a 100 different combination of this - except completely blowing it away and re-installing fresh; which I rally, really don’t want to do.... It seems like either the new OB release yesterday and/or yesterday’s installation of AIRIO is when I started noticing this PTT TX2 (only) problem. Otherwise VIACOM PRO has been working as designed. Well, it still works perfectly with both A-10C and F/A-18C.

BTW: I’m using the TM HOTAS (and its firmware and other drivers re up-to-date effect @2-3 weeks ago along with the new software for my Saitek Pro Flight Rudder Pedals [i think that Logitech owns them now]

Not sure what else to try - guess I’ll wait and see what Hollywood thinks. :joystick:

Alienware Area 51 R5 - Intel i9 7980XE (4.7 GHz), 32GB Dual Channel HyperX DDR4 XMP, Dual NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti Graphics 11GB GDDR5X SLI, 4.5 TB combo of SSDs/HDDs, Alienware 1500 Watt Multi-GPU Power Supply, Alienware 25” 240Hz Gaming Monitor, Alienware Pro Gaming Keyboard, TM HOTAS, TM Cougar F-16C MFDs, Saitek Pro Flight Rudder Pedals, TrackIR5, Win10 Pro x64

on the PTT tab, can you only see TX2 or can you also see an unemboldened TX1, as I can see the latter and although it might look odd, it does still work?

Edit: I might have TX1 and TX2 mixed up, as I am away from my PC atm, but either way, one is displayed as bold text and the other not.

Edited by Greyman

on the PTT tab, can you only see TX2 or can you also see an unemboldened TX1, as I can see the latter and although it might look odd, it does still work?

Edit: I might have TX1 and TX2 mixed up, as I am away from my PC atm, but either way, one is displayed as bold text and the other not.

The TX2, UHF, is the only one not Disabled (not grayed-out). Not including TX5 and TX6. See attch pics - Before and After

Before_Starting_Viper.PNG.785bb6bf767e1dea4cc7d62b8bff145f.PNG

After_and_using_Starting_Viper.PNG.eb4907a5041dc6c04f8f58ec5ebb50fe.PNG

Alienware Area 51 R5 - Intel i9 7980XE (4.7 GHz), 32GB Dual Channel HyperX DDR4 XMP, Dual NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti Graphics 11GB GDDR5X SLI, 4.5 TB combo of SSDs/HDDs, Alienware 1500 Watt Multi-GPU Power Supply, Alienware 25” 240Hz Gaming Monitor, Alienware Pro Gaming Keyboard, TM HOTAS, TM Cougar F-16C MFDs, Saitek Pro Flight Rudder Pedals, TrackIR5, Win10 Pro x64

those before and after pics are exactly the same as mine. the first shows how the PTT screen normally looks before you select a module and it doesn't change, to the second pic for example, until you actually get into the cockpit and press the OK button to start.

as @MAXsenna says, the TX1 button should still work, even though it isn't displayed in emboldened text. the display issue will apparently need to be fixed by ED, according to that post of Hollywood's that i linked a few posts back.

Yes. But it's still working. I just used it. If you press TX1 it will become white.

Sent from my ANE-LX1 using Tapatalk

I tested this extensively late last night and I can get it work but NOT like it's designed to - the UI Sounds, beeps, blip, click, thud and flat beep sounds are missing.

Page 15 from the VIACOM manual:

• Confirmation (beep)

• Awaiting additional input (blip)

• Recipient not available (click)

• Error (thud)

• Ambiguous (flat beep)

And, of course, it shows as disabled. This is not normal behavior and I'm hoping that the developer can address this issue and then provid a Hotfix.

I forgot to mention earlier that I have the latest version of VIACOM Pro - 2.5.12.1 and also I'm running the latest (as of late yesterday) the newest Beta of VoiceAttack.

Also, just for pure troubleshooting purposes, I disabled (not loading) any of the AIRIO plug-in LUAs. The behavior is the same; no change. Plus, I have Debug on as well.

Edited by bradleyjs
Clarification

maybe check that your windows default audio device, via the speaker shaped icon in the tray, is set to the device you are using and not to another device, as that is where those "beeps, blip, click, thud and flat beep sounds" will be sent.

Either way, your PTT screen, from your second image, looks "right" as it is, apart from that display issue, so you can probably forget that being the cause of your issues.

btw, it's VAICOM PRO

maybe check that your windows default audio device, via the speaker shaped icon in the tray, is set to the device you are using and not to another device, as that is where those "beeps, blip, click, thud and flat beep sounds" will be sent.

Either way, your PTT screen, from your second image, looks "right" as it is, apart from that display issue, so you can probably forget that being the cause of your issues.

btw, it's VAICOM PRO

I checked the audio source and its work fine. As far as the beeps and such goes, I don’t get the proper feedback with the disabled TX. But, I do get the voice read back only when I saw any correct phrases; but the proper UI Sounds are mostly missing. On the non-disabled TX2, it works properly - read back and the applicable beeps/sounds.

What happens in the voice attack status/log window?

I will send you what I’m seeing in a few.

I will send you what I’m seeing in a few.

Here's what the Debug info is showing me. Nothing is really jumping out at me. I'm guessing that this whole issue is with the F-16C Module itself. It's probably still half-baked in this area... :book:

Ignore the error about TeamViewer as I use that tool, plus Microsoft's Remote Desktop, to connect to my PC via my iPad Pro 12.9"

I see either the 4/5 DcS-side files were updated or 5/5 DcS-side files were updated - I guess it depends on what mood it is in at the moment. :music_whistling:

VIACOM_PRO_Debug_01.thumb.jpg.b0ffbbdf78825910b052869f648d7bd8.jpg

AND what happens when you press TXs and say a command?

Nothing glaring....

5366CED0-7B28-4D9D-BA3E-8A21CC98AE3C.thumb.jpeg.d4657151d393f8c331103e4454416c9e.jpeg

the module will need to be live and from your second image it does not appear to be. the PTT screen should contain the F16 label and have the almost correct TX buttons displayed, like the second image of your previous post.
Of course. But you can still "test" VA, even when outside DCS right?

If you just want to test it up to the point where it tries to communicate with DCS, then yes.

the other thing that looks a little odd is that there appears to be more than one TX button held down at once and that is not something i have seen before, let alone know what it would do to the VP logic.

Edit: i use a hat switch on my WH throttle, with the four main PTT buttons mapped to each of the axes, so it is not possible to have more than one TX pressed at any time

the module will need to be live and from your second image it does not appear to be. the PTT screen should contain the F16 label and have the almost correct TX buttons displayed, like the second image of your previous post.

I will do a Live debug session later in the day and post the results. My wife has me doing some Honey-Do’s at the moment. There’s just not enough “Playtime 60 minutes” built into the Frag Order of the day! :doh:

I will do a Live debug session later in the day and post the results. My wife has me doing some Honey-Do’s at the moment. There’s just not enough “Playtime 60 minutes” built into the Frag Order of the day! :doh:

Cool!

Anyway. Cold start in Vaziani.

First everything off.

Then Battery on and tuned backup to Vaziani. 269

Then started and tuned both COM1, 269.00 and COM2, 140.00

I have trained (recorded) and added "every" word and phrase from the keyword list in MS Speech Dictionary, which has improved my accuracy to well over 90%.

Well, I thought I had. Seems I've missed some. It has taken me more than 12 hours, because it's REALLY cumbersome.

If you look at the pictures you can see that even if confidence is 0, it still gets it.

This was the only way I made it consistently work.

I've also tested on another computer completely clean. Worked better there, also bought a new headset with boom mic.

Deleted the old MS Speech training sound files from User Profile Appdata Roaming. It had some seriously "bad" training with three different "bad" microphones. It's wav files, so you can play them. If you stutter or repeat yourself by accident, it bloody keeps it! Did the training again. Much better!!

Also found the MS Speech Dictionary file, it's text but pretty much unreadable, will look more into it because I haven't found the sound files yet. I'm hoping to be able to "export/import" on other computers or after re-installations.

I have been so frustrated that I even added and trained profanities, but that's not accepted. :music_whistling::lol:

2019-10-13_14-52-10.png.9f3f0ab172e2f8a69565dee856a91e12.png

2019-10-13_14-53-05.png.7e53003d951a5fe11bcd7c7db0b1d901.png

2019-10-13_14-53-38.png.786a20360b3af4781347a2480c46d980.png

Anyway. I recommend you try to add both word and complete phrases for startup and taxi as a start, to see if that helps.

I have added aliases for both words and phrases, because I could never get help in the F-5, because my pronunciation of "ground" was not acceptable. Changed to "external". And don't get me started on "air" and "airsupply..."

I've also found that longer sentences works well. More keywords to be picked up and constructed into the right sentences/commands.

The really annoying thing was that didn't have to do anything in BMS. Go figure!

When I first loaded VAICOM PRO (got the spelling correct this time) I spent hours training my voice. I also used a MS Dictionary Backup Tool (I think It was a MS tool - it was a long time ago) and saved the trading files.

And I did notice a positive difference with recognition after the training.

When I first loaded VAICOM PRO (got the spelling correct this time) I spent hours training my voice. I also used a MS Dictionary Backup Tool (I think It was a MS tool - it was a long time ago) and saved the trading files.

And I did notice a positive difference with recognition after the training.

One specifically for the dictionary? i have to check that out. Thanks.

The original "Easy transfer" tool, for Vista to Windows 7 is supposed to be able to do this. But I can't find the correct one for Windows 10. I believe the name has changed.

But still, I would like to do it manually, and find out if I can add keywords and phrases directly into the file outside of the speech tools. That will be much quicker and less key/mouse clicks. And it will be a breeze to then train/record the voice. AND if it is possible to just copy it to another profile , I will be happy share this file with anyone. I have no clue how many words and phrases there must be now. My VAICOM profile has 814 now, that's mostly phrases without the single words I've added. So I would really hate to lose my work... :cry: