IMPORTANT MiG-21bis StarForce PATCH - MARCH 2017

Dolphin887

• Replies 287
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Are you guys finally going to use same starforce setup than ED and others 3rd party ?

Vodka Squadron, which had quite some bad time with the mig, is very enthousiast about all the mig21 fixes we are seen everyday now :) :) :)

We honestly do not know exactly which setup they use, however we lightened up the hardware changes to CPU only.

What about Steam users? Do we have to do it?

Yes

Edited by -Rudel-

https://magnitude-3.com/

https://www.facebook.com/magnitude3llc

https://www.youtube.com/@magnitude_3

i9 13900K, 128GB RAM, RTX 4090, Win10Pro, 2 x 2TB SSD

i9 10980XE, 128GB RAM, RTX 3090Ti, Win10 Pro, 2 x 256GB SSD, 4 x 512GB SSD RAID 0, 6 x 4TB HDD RAID 6, 9361-8i RAID Controller

i7 4960X, 64GB RAM, GTX Titan X Black, Win10 Pro, 512GB PCIe SSD, 2 x 256GB SSD

Will I lose my control assignments?

No, they have nothing to do with the activation.

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

Now it's a bit unclear. Is this procedure intended for a beta patch that is due to release today or for a Stable patch for today?

I use only Stable version, if is not patched then do I still need to deactivate etc?

Also. Is this the only fix for Mig21 that comes with the patch?

Thank you Dolphin and Rudel for heads up!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I5 4670k, 32GB, GTX 1070, Thrustmaster TFRP, G940 Throttle extremely modded with Bodnar 0836X and Bu0836A,

Warthog Joystick with F-18 grip, Oculus Rift S - Almost all is made from gifts from friends, the most expensive parts at least

Wait, I'm confused, aren't we already on 1.5.6. My DCS hasn't been updated for about a week or so and I'm already on 1.5.6

Its not an update from 1.5.X to another 1.5.X but from 1.5.6.XXXXXX to another.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Gainward RTX 2080 OC | i7 8700K OC | 32GB G.Skill RipJaws V DDR4 3600 MHz | MSI Z370-A PRO | Samsung 970 EVO 500GB

• ED Team
And how would I go about that if I have the module activated on a PC I can't currently get to, and won't be able to until June?

when you get to it, deactivate the mig-21 before you do an update

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

Does activation count re-fill on a time basis? Or are our products temporary?

Proud owner of DCS: FC3, A-10C Warthog, F-14A/B Tomcat, F-5E Tiger, Mig21bis Fishbed, Mirage 2000C, Nevada Test Site, Normandy, Ka-50 Black Shark, Mi-8MTV2 Magnificent Eight, UH-1H Huey, SA342 Gazelle, Bf 109 K-4 Kurfurst, FW 190 D-9 Dora, Spitfire LF Mk. IX, P-51D Mustang Combined Arms, Hawk T.1A, L-39 Albatros, NS 430 Nav System, F-86F Sabre, MiG-15bis, AV-8B Night Attack V/STOL, F/A-18C Hornet, Yak-52 and the mighty AJS-37 Viggen! :music_whistling:

however we lightened up the hardware changes to CPU only
Good news because I had to reactivate MiG-21 twice after HW upgrades. Thanks!

What about the Viggen module? Does it use the same SF settings?

Edited by azm

Now it's a bit unclear. Is this procedure intended for a beta patch that is due to release today or for a Stable patch for today?

I use only Stable version, if is not patched then do I still need to deactivate etc?

Also. Is this the only fix for Mig21 that comes with the patch?

It is meant for 1.5.6 openBeta.

You will want to check ED's update page before you play the stable version. If there's a post showing an update for it, then proceed with the instructions.

What about the Viggen module? Does it use the same SF settings?

You will need to ask Heatblur about their DRM on the Viggen

Can you explain the purpose of making a copy of the Mig 21 binary folder as prompted in the PDF ?

Creating a back-up in case something goes wrong.

i9 10980XE, 128GB RAM, RTX 3090Ti, Win10 Pro, 2 x 256GB SSD, 4 x 512GB SSD RAID 0, 6 x 4TB HDD RAID 6, 9361-8i RAID Controller

As it was already mentioned, this advice was given in a very short time prior to the patch. Maybe it is a good idea to additionally mention it in the changelogs/weekend news, so more people will notice.

I know that M3LLC is not responsible for the changelog/weekend news posts but maybe one could talk to ED to add it, if it was not already read here.

thanks

not gonna lie, whenever I wanted to fly the MiG 21, I had to plug in my wife's One direction USB stick or It would say My hardware was no longer valid, lol

Windows 10 Pro, Ryzen 2700X @ 4.6Ghz, 32GB DDR4-3200 GSkill (F4-3200C16D-16GTZR x2),

ASRock X470 Taichi Ultimate, XFX RX6800XT Merc 310 (RX-68XTALFD9)

3x ASUS VS248HP + Oculus HMD, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS + MFDs

My question is, do I have to repeat the whole process three times: now for OpenBeta (patch would be released this friday), Stable (when patch be released) and Alpha (when patch be released)?

No.

Once you deactivate in any version, wait for the patching. You can still use any other aircraft except MiG-21 until the patch is released.

Open Beta will be patched first - you will be able to use MiG-21 very soon.

We will try to arrange open Alpha patching as soon as possible.

Power through superb knowledge, training and teamwork.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

No.

Once you deactivate in any version, wait for the patching. You can still use any other aircraft except MiG-21 until the patch is released.

Open Beta will be patched first - you will be able to use MiG-21 very soon.

We will try to arrange open Alpha patching as soon as possible.

Thanks Dolphin, I wish you all the best.

Did it, but now me deactivation became 0... :huh:

If you ever have issue, just delete the LNS registry, and activate again. We are digging deep on the deactivation issues running. Even my key is at 0. :(

DCS says I have deactivated the module but now I have a box pop up and it lets me run in "Demo mode". Have I done this correctly?

That's a new one, I recommend waiting and see what happen. I believe you'll be ok.

If you ever have issue, just delete the LNS registry, and activate again. We are digging deep on the deactivation issues running. Even my key is at 0. :(

That's a new one, I recommend waiting and see what happen. I believe you'll be ok.

Same thing happened to me, I just clicked exit and the window closed, then reopened, then I clicked exit again and the window closed and DCS opened normally.

Starforce.png.9d89d7440d11b90168fd7e0437574a26.png

"Long life It is a waste not to notice that it is not noticed that it is milk in the title." Amazon.co.jp review for milk translated from Japanese

"Amidst the blue skies, A link from past to future. The sheltering wings of the protector..." - ACE COMBAT 4

"Blessed be the LORD my strength, which teacheth my hands to war, and my fingers to fight"-Psalm 144:1 KJV

i5-4430 at 3.00GHz, 8GB RAM, GTX 1060 FE, Windows 7 x64

I dont have access to my simming pc at all which is in another country but I do have my mig-21 key. Help?

AWAITING ED NEW DAMAGE MODEL IMPLEMENTATION FOR WW2 BIRDS

Fat T is above, thin T is below. Long T is faster, Short T is slower. Open triangle is AWACS, closed triangle is your own sensors. Double dash is friendly, Single dash is enemy. Circle is friendly. Strobe is jammer. Strobe to dash is under 35 km. HDD is 7 times range key. Radar to 160 km, IRST to 10 km. Stay low, but never slow.