Introducing the VPC MongoosT-50

Cyph3r

Anyone having difficulty getting in contact with VirPil? Communication is patchy at best.

| Windows 10 | I7 4790K @ 4.4ghz | Asus PG348Q | Asus Strix 1080TI | 16GB Corsair Vengeance 2400 DDR3 | Asrock Fatal1ty Z97 | Samsung EVO 850 500GB (x2) | SanDisk 240GB Extreme Pro | Coolermaster Vanguard S 650Watt 80+ | Fractal Design R4 | VirPil T-50 | MFG Crosswind Graphite | KW-908 JetSeat Sim Edition | TrackIR 5 |

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

Not quite sure what you mean by double commands Hoffster... what are using to see this?

Of course, all switches are of the momentary type with windows recognising when a DX switch is down and when not....

Down on press and Up on release, On on press and off on release
is as expected... If when using windows CP game controller settings you see a constant red light when you hold a switch down and which goes out when you release, it as it should be...

SIGBLOCK.png

Not quite sure what you mean by double commands Hoffster... what are using to see this?

Of course, all switches are of the momentary type with windows recognising when a DX switch is down and when not....

is as expected... If when using windows CP game controller settings you see a constant red light when you hold a switch down and which goes out when you release, it as it should be...

I use both the vkb joytester and vpc tester. For example it shows 9 up on pressing trim hat up and 9 down on releasing it. It looks like it is not momentary but doing a press on release as well.

Never mind. All my controls do this.

Edited by Hoffster

CH grip on VPC base:

ti52QYT.jpg

https://imgur.com/a/wPJ2T

F-16'ish grip without "dead weight". :D

Interesting, I'm sure some would be curious about the connection method.

On a side note, for the software, I think it needs a little more de-bugging, when I tried ot upfdate the firmware (following the outlined procedure on the VPC page), the Mongoos profile (the only one you can select) pretty much kills the stick. It doesn't respond to calibration, and all the buttons appear to be "always on".

After trying a few times, I started looking at the folder and realised there were 2 other files I was not seeing when in the software. After typing "*.*" (ah, the good old days of DOS...), the other two profiles came up. Once I selected it and loaded it to the joystick - all was perfect.

Not sure if this has affected anyone else, but it had me scratching my head for a good hour or so, especially as I had just done a cam swap, and was worried I had screwed up a pin or cable or something.

Z...

I'm looking to buy the desk mount, warthog plate and extensions from Virpil or a similar one from Monstertech. They look good enough quality, so I'm just asking to make sure - whats are the positives and negatives. Cheers

MSI M5 z270 | Intel i5 7600k (OC) 4.8GHz | MSI GTX1080ti Gaming X 11Gb | 500gb Samsung 970 Evo NVME M.2 (DCS World) | 500gb Samsung 850 Evo SSD (OS and Apps) | 32Gb 2400MHz DDR4 - Crucial Ballistix | Be Quiet Silent Loop 240mm | NZXT H440 case |

Thrustmaster Warthog - 47608 with Virpil Mongoose joystick base | MFG Crosswinds - 1241 | Westland Lynx collective with Bodnar X board | Pilot's seat from ZH832 Merlin | JetSeat | Oculus Rift S | Windows 10 | VA |

I'm looking to buy the desk mount, warthog plate and extensions from Virpil or a similar one from Monstertech. They look good enough quality, so I'm just asking to make sure - whats are the positives and negatives. Cheers

The desk mount works quite well, I have mine for my Virpil stick with 150mm extension.

Probably the only downside, is the distance from the desk to the gimbal mount is not adjustable, it sits kind of far back. Not an issue for me really as I game in VR, but could see it being a little problematic for monitor users as it sits kind of far back.

The Monster Tech mount, while pricey, can be adjusted.

Don B

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | i9 9900k CPU @ 5.1 GHz | Gigabyte 4090 OC | 64 GB Corsair Vengeance 3200 MHz CL16 | Corsair H150i Pro Cooler |Virpil CM3 Stick w/ Alpha Prime Grip 200mm ext| Virpil CM3 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Base w/ Alpha-L Grip| Point Control V2|Varjo Aero|

It sits quite back otherwise, when using extensions and pushing the stick, it (or your hand) my hit the support itself. I have the issue as yours but I just drag the monitor closer to me every time. Not the best solution, but it works well.

full_tiny.pngfull_tiny.png
full_tiny.png

"Cogito, ergo RIO"
Virtual Backseaters Volume I: F-14 Radar Intercept Officer - Fifth Public Draft
Virtual Backseaters Volume II: F-4E Weapon Systems Officer - Internal Draft WIP

Phantom Phamiliarisation Video Series | F-4E/F-14 Kneeboard Pack

VIRPIL T-50 a personal opinion...

I’ve used many sticks over the years but mainly the TMWH with a 12cm extension. Both stick and throttle experienced switch failures (probably related to use) but none the less TMWH is a great product with great support. They are excellent items but, as I mostly play helos, I wanted a better gimbal operation. This year Santa was good and I received a T-50 stick, desk mount and a set of extensions. Its been in daily use ever since, these are my opinions so far.

Grip

It’s plastic!, light in weight, switches have little movement and light too… it just ‘feels’ totally inferior to the heavy and substantial Thrustmaster with its clunky switch operation and metal grip. Having said that, with me its pure cosmetics and I have no desire to use the TMWH grip on the Mongoose base, which of course you can.

The switch positions I found much more natural to use than the TMWH and all buttons and switches operated just fine.

The lever axis required Virpil software calibration and then calibration in windows itself for the button assignment and axis to be recognised by DCS.

Gimbal

A delight… positive, pressure adjustable, extremely accurate, perfect! Dismantling is a bit fiddly especially removing the PCB but not an issue. Well made in all respects, everything is aligned and engineered great. I did not change the default soft centre cam and suspect this will suit most other than dedicated prop heads who might prefer the hard centre.

Adjustable spring tension on both axes is fantastic. I was initially concerned that looking at pics the adjustment hole was small and the bolt head underneath would also be small and susceptible to wear. This was unfounded, the access hole is small but the bolt head is large, solid and substantial – no worries there.

Personal adjustment

Initially I swapped the default springs for the light variant but later swapped back the pitch axis to medium. Flying helos I have the springs tensioned so that they are just engaged and no more – for me this is perfect. Pitch spring (medium) exerts just a gentle amount of authority and the roll spring (light) is hardly felt at all until the reaching the extremities of throw but of course release the stick and it will return to centre. The ‘centre’ is very, very smooth not notched with absolutely no change in tension as you cross it. For fixed wing work I prefer the roll spring tightened a little to be firmer. A 2 sec easy job.

Extension Set

Perfect, correct choice of sizes, well made and solid. I use the 10cm & 7.5cm combined.

Desk mount

Solid, stable easily adjusted and moved. With my desk, chair 10cm & 7.5cm extensions and the desk mount adjusted to its maximum I can still rest my forearm on my thigh when playing but then my desk and chair height are both adjustable.

Support

On first calibration the supplied software corrupted the firmware and windows refused to recognise it. Being English speaking, support is routed via Cyph3r and the issue was resolved satisfactory with a software upgrade.

Overall summary

Expensive (UK VAT adds 20%), well made, adjustable, for me, just perfect!

SIGBLOCK.png

T-50 base with TMWH stick buttons all moved, any way to put them right?

Hello all,

I've posted this question in BMSForum and VirPil forums also. I'm trying to sort out the problem listed in the title. Apologies up front if this has been covered already, or if this is simple stuff to fix. I didn't find it, and I'm a bit short of simple.

I've got a TM Warthog grip on a Virpil MongoosT-50 base and I love the way it feels. However, all the buttons are all moved (changes listed at bottom). I've poked a bit at solutions, but thought it wise to put it to the smart folks first. UJR, UCR, and Joystick Gremlin all seem (to my untrained eye) like they might spoof Win10 into seeing the TM grip with the same button assignments that the TM Warthog base would show. I suppose I could just reassign things in most titles to each button/hat direction, but I'd like to start off with buttons and hats as if I were using a TMWH base.

Am I on the right track? Any recommendations for which software to use? I've read that keyjoy assigns keystrokes to button presses and has associated limitations (one button at a time only). Do UJR/UCR or Joystick Gremlin have similar limitations or to they have the effect of simply reassigning DX output for a given button press?

Any advice would be most appreciated.

Thanks in advance,

Mack

List of TM stick on TM base DX to TM stick on VPC base DX outputs:

1 -> 1

2 -> 3

3 -> 18

4 -> 19

5 -> 8

6 -> 2

7,8,9,10 (TMS) -> P.O.V 1

11 -> 13

12 -> 14

13 -> 15

14 -> 16

15 -> 4

16 -> 6

17 -> 5

18 -> 7

19 -> 17

P.O.V. 1 -> 9(U), 10 ®, 11 (D), 12 (L).

Question for Virpil.

I see that the WarBRD base is now listed with a price on your website.

Can you please confirm the cost of a WarBRD with a T50 flightstick as a single unit?

Right now, if I buy them individually, that would cost approx 100BYN more than a std T50 with base. The website suggests that the WarBRD is there to reduce costs, so I'm assuming that we're talking in the region of 600-650BYN if we buy them together.

System: 9700, 64GB DDR4, 2070S, NVME2, Rift S, Jetseat, Thrustmaster F18 grip, VPC T50 stick base and throttle, CH Throttle, MFG crosswinds, custom button box, Logitech G502 and Marble mouse.

Server: i5 2500@3.9Ghz, 1080, 24GB DDR3, SSD.

Re: my above post T-50 base with TMWH buttons...

Initial impression is it's fixed via Universal Controller Remapper (which requires vJoy). Game Controllers properties is now showing correct DX button outputs. No time for a while to see if I can create a combined controller profile for BMS (like Mud's for T.A.R.G.E.T., etc.). Couple of observations in case someone else is looking at trying this: If vJoy is hanging on install, uninstall it (since the install didn't finish on the first go, uninstall wasn't straight-forward). Then make sure no other controllers are plugged in, and reinstall. Can't remember who wrote it, or what forum that fix was in. But might be worth recommending unplugging stuff prior to first install attempt. In vJoy, assign 1 continuous POV hat. I thought at first to use a 4-way hat since the POV1 was outputting 4 buttons. You'll only get Up, Down, Left, Right with a 4-way. Choose continuous to get all 8 points. Then in UCR, create a <remap button to button> plugin for Button 9 to hat1 -> up. Make plugins each for 10 ®, 11 (D), and 12 (L). The remainder of buttons are simple button to button plugins. Remember to do button 1 and the X, Y axes even though they are unchanged by using the T-50 base. The vJoy device will have no button 1 or axes if you don't.

Edited by Krondl

Cyph3r,

Any idea of an ETA for the Virpil Configuration Software to be fully functional, rather than the light (limited) state it is now?

Don B

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | i9 9900k CPU @ 5.1 GHz | Gigabyte 4090 OC | 64 GB Corsair Vengeance 3200 MHz CL16 | Corsair H150i Pro Cooler |Virpil CM3 Stick w/ Alpha Prime Grip 200mm ext| Virpil CM3 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Base w/ Alpha-L Grip| Point Control V2|Varjo Aero|

Is WarBRD the closest to a floor mount being offered without having to manufacture your own? I saw some references to the case on the T50 not being strong enough on its own to support leveraging the stick, especially with extensions. Does this include the top plate, as it looks like this is where you'd run screws/bolts through to attach to something.

That desk mount monstrosity is fine as a stand in for somebody that needs it, but honestly I don't understand why you went with something like that as a nearly mandatory aspect of your initial launch o.O

Де вороги, знайдуться козаки їх перемогти.

5800x3d * 3090 * 64gb * Reverb G2

The WarBRD is designed primarily for desktop use. I doubt it is engineered for significant extensions.

With the T50, the main mounting bolts are located on the front facing side of the enclosure, the side that bolts to he excellent deskmount. These bolts pass through the enclosure and fix directly onto the main gimbal support frame.

If you want a floor mount, fabricate a simple 'L' plate. Read this topic, you will see different ways of mounting if interested.

Recommendations regarding extensions can be found on their website.

SIGBLOCK.png

► Su-35 First Flight 10th Anniversary Sale

It's no secret that when we created a product named the VPC MongoosT-50®, VIRPIL CONTROLS designers took inspiration from the controls of a real Russian fighter jet. At the first announcement of the project a little over a year ago, many immediately guessed which aircraft was the subject matter.

On February 19th 2018, it will be 10 years since the first test flight of Su-35 - a promising multifunctional, generation 4++ fighter jet. The flight duration was 50 minutes and the flight program was successfully completed in full. The Sukhoi Design Bureau test pilot, Sergey Bogdan, who is currently working on the T-50 test program (now designated Su-57), piloted the aircraft.

Su35_01.png

Until now, the cockpit and all systems were classified as Top Secret, but despite this, one of the variants of the flightstick and throttle set was shown at MAKS-2015. It was captured in a number of photographs that were made available in forums.

Only 2 years later, at MAKS-2017, the VPC MongoosT-50® flightstick and prototype throttle was available for all to test for themselves in an Su-27CM simulator.

MAKS2017_01.jpg

For the 10th anniversary of the first flight of the Su-35, and by popular demand, the VIRPIL CONTROLS team announces fantastic discounts in the official store http://www.virpil.by for all products of the VPC MongoosT-50® family!

SU35_FirstFlightSale.png

Now is a great time to purchase a professional flight sim setup with a discount of 20%!

The sale event will last from 18/02/2018 to 28/02/2018, while stocks last.

For those who already have their VPC MongoosT-50®, the VIRPIL CONTROLS team have a lot of exciting news about the project and developments on future projects following just after the Spring - not long to wait now!

Thanks,

VIRPIL CONTROLS

Edited by Cyph3r

► Website: www.virpil.com // ► Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/VirPilControls // ► Twitter: https://twitter.com/VirPilControls

For support please email support@virpil.com to open a ticket!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Cyph3r,

Question on the Virpil configuration software.

In looking at the throttle listing on the website, I see this mentioned:

With the VPC Configurator software, even further functionality can be acheived, such as idle and afterburner detent button presses, shift-states and button modes.

Is the above functionality going to be available soon in the Virpil Config software?

Don B

What is the difference between the VPC MongoosT-50 Grip and the T-50CM grip?

Trackir4 using the latest Trackir 5 software, Win10 Pro [Creator Update] updated from Win7Pro Pro 64Bit, Intel® Core™ i5-2500 3.30 GHz 6M Intel Smart Cache LGA115 , GigaByte GA-Z68XP-UD4 Intel Z68 Chipset DDR3 16GB Ram, GTX MSI Gaming 1060 [6 GB] Video Card, Main Monitor 1 on left 1920x1080 Touchscreen Monitor 2 on right 1920x1080 .

Cyph3r,

Question on the Virpil configuration software.

In looking at the throttle listing on the website, I see this mentioned:

Is the above functionality going to be available soon in the Virpil Config software?

Yes! I do not have an ETA on this just yet though.

What is the difference between the VPC MongoosT-50 Grip and the T-50CM grip?

Here are the changes on the MT-50CM Grip:

• Russian Button Labels
  • Remodeled Brake Lever
  • Remodeled Flip Trigger
  • Remodeled Buttons
  • Black Hats, Main Trigger and Wrist Rest

► Website: www.virpil.com // ► Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/VirPilControls // ► Twitter: https://twitter.com/VirPilControls

For support please email support@virpil.com to open a ticket!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Hi. We're currently looking into buying VPC gear and have some questions. All of us will continue to use the TM Warthog grip for now. The plan is to get vpc mounts, vpc extensions and vpc base.

1. Comfort. Can the Warthog grip be rotated at an angle when combined with the VPC base?

2. Balance. Is the WT grip too "heavy", or does it feel balanced and center fine with VPC extensions and base?

3. Use in general. Is the Warthog grip a good fit for use with the VPC base?

We fly mostly fixed wing.

Thanks!