Any further progress to be expected

bkthunder

Thank you M3 team and Rudel. Finally I can see correct MiG-21bis texture I was disappointed past times of MiG-21. Can I ask something of MiG-21bis future? It is Track Replay. I am DCS movie maker on Youtube. I love MiG-21bis, so I want making movie! But track replay always fail. This is really sad to me.

나의 SM-G930S 의 Tapatalk에서 보냄

Thank you M3 team and Rudel. Finally I can see correct MiG-21bis texture I was disappointed past times of MiG-21. Can I ask something of MiG-21bis future? It is Track Replay. I am DCS movie maker on Youtube. I love MiG-21bis, so I want making movie! But track replay always fail. This is really sad to me.

I believe that one's on ED, actually.

Reformers hate him! This one weird trick found by a bush pilot will make gunfighter obsessed old farts angry at your multi-role carrier deck line up!

Thanks for the update M3. Im really looking forward to the new textures. Any chance of a more maintained, cleaned and polished interior? Factory fresh?

I can't remember where on the forum I read a discussion about this. But the conclusion was that the current aged look of the cockpit textures would be quite realistic after a couple of years of intensive use of such aircraft.

I'll buy :

МиГ-23МЛД & МЛА МиГ-27К МиГ-25 Mirage III F-4E any IJ plane 1950' Korea Dynamic campaign module

But I heard that reason is related with codes in module. This error cant solve from M3 team level? Only ED can be solve it?

I think it's honestly a mixture of the two. There does seem to be more deviance with the -21. I wouldn't know whose court the ball falls in on this one, I'm just repeating what's been said.

Reformers hate him! This one weird trick found by a bush pilot will make gunfighter obsessed old farts angry at your multi-role carrier deck line up!

Sorry for OT, but where did ED say they are doing the MiG-23?

Nowhere. It's a wishful thinking based on the fact that RAZBAM didn't get a licence for making one (apparently it's been "reserved" by someone already). Some folks jump to conclusion it must be ED then.

i7 9700K @ stock speed, single GTX1070, 32 gigs of RAM, TH Warthog, MFG Crosswind, Win10.

Nowhere. It's a wishful thinking based on the fact that RAZBAM didn't get a licence for making one (apparently it's been "reserved" by someone already). Some folks jump to conclusion it must be ED then.

That's now incorrect (was initially true), as ED have since said they're planning on doing the Mig-23 and 27:

https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=3314734&postcount=10688

Keep up :)

Either way, ED doing that isn't needed for the SPO-10.

Edited by Buzzles

That's now incorrect (was initially true), as ED have since said they're planning on doing the Mig-23 and 27:

My Russian is not what it used to be, but if this is the confirmation that Mig23 / 27 is in the works, frankly I wouldn't bet on it a single cent right now. As Art-J said, wishful thinking at best. However, I really want to be wrong in this case! Only time will tell.

Sent from my pComputer using Keyboard

It is kinda wishful thinking. But as far as I'm concerned, it is the logical conclusion. Since ED is "keeping those 2 to themselves" and asking us "not to worry", I would guess it means they have the 2 planned somewhere along the pipeline - probably years from now. However plans can always change, and unless it is announced, we have no guarantees.

DCS: MiG-23

[sIGPIC]

[/sIGPIC]

Make it happen, and take my money! :D

What about them pictures of MiG-21 development on FB? Is this a sign of a major overhaul of the MiG-21?

https://www.facebook.com/MagnitudeThree/

I spoke to Leatherneck/M3 today and they told me the MiG-21 cockpit is receiving an overhaul.

The following items are being updated; (source: Rudel)

Needle errors

Glass

PBR textures needed

Changing material settings for lights

Fitting cockpit to external model

Change cockpit windscreen to match external

I hope they don't tone down the dusty canopy too much - out of all the DCS aircraft it's the only one that convinces me I'm looking at the world through something.

It's brilliant.

+1 :thumbup:

Module: viel zu viele...

Warte auf: Fulda Gap, MiG-23, xy (4th. Gen RED) und mehr neue und alte Propeller wie P-38, Corsair, DC-3, Transall, Tucano usw.

Projekt: OpenFlightSchool -> Thread

Sorry for being offtopic, but interpreting confirmation that ED is developing this moudle based on that post is stretching the actual meaning of the post very, very thin.

Current specs: Windows 10 Home 64bit, i5-9600K @ 3.7 Ghz, 32GB DDR4 RAM, 1TB Samsung EVO 860 M.2 SSD, GAINWARD RTX2060 6GB, Oculus Rift S, MS FFB2 Sidewinder + Warthog Throttle Quadrant, Saitek Pro rudder pedals.

Sorry for being offtopic, but interpreting confirmation that ED is developing this moudle based on that post is stretching the actual meaning of the post very, very thin.

Not really.

Razbam tried to do it and were told to stop by ED almost immediately.

As linked, ED since have clarified want to do it themselves.

Based on prior ED behaviour with the L-39 where they held off doing their own version for a few years as a 3rd party was attempting it, the fact they said stop so quickly means it's likely they've put some resources into it already and that it's definitely planned.

Either way, M3 won't be doing it either, but it would be good if M3 can actually sort out the SPO-10 irrespective of the fact it may be done in another module.

Edited by Buzzles

• 2 weeks later...

Frankly, I don't expect any update at all. Looking at their facebook page there is nothing but a few screenshots of the plane we already have. It could be a red herring to the critics "we are working on something for the Mig 21 too", then delay for years and years and years and ultimately release some minor fix that takes no more than a few weeks of work.

I personally seen so much discussion with nothing, not even a simple sound file fix delivered. (exchanging a few lines to give the Mig-21 its own set of sound files should take a programmer 1 hour max). The Mig 21 has been dead for years.

• Like 1

Frankly, I don't expect any update at all. Looking at their facebook page there is nothing but a few screenshots of the plane we already have. It could be a red herring to the critics "we are working on something for the Mig 21 too", then delay for years and years and years and ultimately release some minor fix that takes no more than a few weeks of work.

I personally seen so much discussion with nothing, not even a simple sound file fix delivered. (exchanging a few lines to give the Mig-21 its own set of sound files should take a programmer 1 hour max). The Mig 21 has been dead for years.

I agree, but I think they should be held accountable for selling a product that was never finished.

In most industries this is a breach of contract. We should start to take these things more seriously if we want to encourage more quality in 3rd party offerings. These are actual registered companies, and should be held accountable for what they sell, just as anybody else does.

Voting with our wallets is one thing, but if you're advertising something as "the most realistic etc..." and then produce a beta that never gets finished, a refund is in order.

We have not bought into a kickstarter campaign, where you bet on a project knowing that your money could be lost / wasted. We bought an early access product that by all means should have been finalized.

This kind of business practice really stinks.

Windows 10 - Intel i7 7700K 4.2 Ghz (no OC) - Asus Strix GTX 1080 8Gb - 16GB DDR4 (3000 MHz) - SSD 500GB + WD Black FZEX 1TB 6Gb/s

I hope they don't tone down the dusty canopy too much - out of all the DCS aircraft it's the only one that convinces me I'm looking at the world through something.

It's brilliant.

Just tone the scratches and tint a bit down as the glass is quite worn-out compared to other modules. Makes already difficult spotting even more difficult. "Realistic" is quite subjective in this case. We should consider the overall experience and shortcomings of computer generated graphics.

Thanks for the update M3. Im really looking forward to the new textures. Any chance of a more maintained, cleaned and polished interior? Factory fresh?

+1. More fresh cockpit would be really nice to have. Just to have an option to choose from.

:thumbup: They literally wrote "we are not going to give MiG-23 or MiG-27 to anyone". From this statement forum added apples to oranges using rationalle they are both round and arrived to the point "MiG-23 is under active development by ED - Confirmed!!!" :doh:

Well, it’s safe to assume ED wants to keep it for them self but they may as well start to work on the project in 10 years from now.

It's really funny how the forum can exaggerate a simple statement based on a wishful thinking.

Edited by firmek

F/A-18, F-16, F-14, M-2000C, A-10C, AV-8B, AJS-37 Viggen, F-5E-3, F-86F, MiG-21bis, MiG-15bis, L-39 Albatros, C-101 Aviojet, P-51D, Spitfire LF Mk. IX, Bf 109 4-K, UH-1H, Mi-8, Ka-50, NTTR, Normandy, Persian Gulf... and not enough time to fully enjoy it all

I agree, but I think they should be held accountable for selling a product that was never finished.

In most industries this is a breach of contract. We should start to take these things more seriously if we want to encourage more quality in 3rd party offerings. These are actual registered companies, and should be held accountable for what they sell, just as anybody else does.

Voting with our wallets is one thing, but if you're advertising something as "the most realistic etc..." and then produce a beta that never gets finished, a refund is in order.

We have not bought into a kickstarter campaign, where you bet on a project knowing that your money could be lost / wasted. We bought an early access product that by all means should have been finalized.

This kind of business practice really stinks.

In a perfect world ED (or Heatblur) take the MiG-21 module and finish it. Then they will no longer give chance to make a module to this team (M3 or call anything). I hope the dream comes true...

P.S.: I'm just sorry for Rudel, because it seems he's the only one, who want to make anything...

Edited by 59th_Reaper
  • Like 1

Two tails, two engines!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

So sad to see no respect at all to other Team Members work like Roland and Dolphin.

So sad. But this forum is like it is.

• Like 2

" You must think in russian.."

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Windows 7 Home Premium-Intel 2500K OC 4.6-SSD Samsung EVO 860- MSI GTX 1080 - 16G RAM - 1920x1080 27´

Hotas Rhino X-55-MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals -Track IR 4

So sad to see no respect at all to other Team Members work like Roland and Dolphin.

So sad. But this forum is like it is.

Yep, but i think we're the customers, and they had more than 3 years to do anything on this module, and they didn't. No sound, abnormal flight dynamics, unfinished avionics and thousand of bugs since years. And what you can see from the developers? Nothing. No answer and nothing happen (except the art work by Rudel) with this module. More than enough from the fairy tales and finally make this module better (finish it in our dream). Then when it happens, i'll respect them...

Edited by 59th_Reaper

Two tails, two engines!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]