Introducing the VKB-Sim Gunfighter

rrohde

• Replies 912
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks, Sokol1. Unfortunately, I can't see any of the images without registering!

In any case, from what I can make out, it seems that he got the grip one by stretching it over bottom. Which cannot be done (I speculate) to the Gunfighter KG-12, due to the palm rest.

Thanks, Sokol1. Unfortunately, I can't see any of the images without registering!

In any case, from what I can make out, it seems that he got the grip one by stretching it over bottom. Which cannot be done (I speculate) to the Gunfighter KG-12, due to the palm rest.

He add this cover in Gladiator, but in Gunfighter seems more easy because you can remove the grip from base, remove the palm rest, insert the bicycle cover and attach palm rest back.

Gladiator has the same palm rest - the guy remove for some reason, maybe aesthetics.

in Gunfighter seems more easy because you can remove the grip from base, remove the palm rest, insert the bicycle cover and attach palm rest back.

Ah, did not realize that you could remove/put back the palm rest in Gunfighter! That would indeed make it a lot easier.

When can we expect news on the throttle?

According to VKB HQ, the VKB TCS (Throttle Control System) is next after the MCG.

PC: AMD Ryzen 9 5950X | MSI Suprim GeForce 3090 TI | ASUS Prime X570-P | 128GB DDR4 3600 RAM | 2TB Samsung 870 EVO SSD | Win10 Pro 64bit

Gear: HP Reverb G2 | JetPad FSE | VKB Gunfighter Pro Mk.III w/ MCG Ultimate

VKBNA_LOGO_SM.png

VKBcontrollers.com

Did anyone in europe receive shipping notifications yet ? The Gunfighters were supposed to ship this week afaik. My payment was accepted but no word of shipping yet ?

:}

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

*unexpected flight behaviour* Oh shiii*** ! What ? Why ? What is happening ?

Did anyone in europe receive shipping notifications yet ? The Gunfighters were supposed to ship this week afaik. My payment was accepted but no word of shipping yet ?

:}

Well, I believe I know - because EU orders got in the way of my own clientele's orders, delaying them (shaking fist jokingly).

According to VKB HQ EU orders will be shipped next Monday, and my customers' orders next Tuesday. :)

PC: AMD Ryzen 9 5950X | MSI Suprim GeForce 3090 TI | ASUS Prime X570-P | 128GB DDR4 3600 RAM | 2TB Samsung 870 EVO SSD | Win10 Pro 64bit

VKBNA_LOGO_SM.png

VKBcontrollers.com

Subscribed!

Shame there isnt a european contact such as yourself.

I appreciate the sentiment. :)

VKBNA_LOGO_SM.png

VKBcontrollers.com

Do you have a link to the original post or to the cover he put on? I am wondering how he got it on the grip ...

the best universal grips is for handguns/rifles.

are very cheap and many models/size etc.

since they are universal they can be really expanded for installation and they will get back to shape.

I use it on

my glock 34

my S&W 4506

my h&K USP 40. compact and usp tactical .

And If that is not your solution, google for custom grips inserts for handguns, will get much more tips and tricks that for joys.

Well, I believe I know - because EU orders got in the way of my own clientele's orders, delaying them (shaking fist jokingly).

According to VKB HQ EU orders will be shipped next Monday, and my customers' orders next Tuesday. :)

thx for le info

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

According to VKB HQ EU orders will be shipped next Monday

Nope. According to VKB, EU bunch will be shipped to EU office on Monday, so it going to take another 4-5 days to arrive, and only THEN they will be able to start shipping to customers. It is interesting how they explaining the delay, though. Quoting: "the production run for EU was delayed as R&D had to implement and test bugfixes in internal controllers to fix minor issues which could affect some users." Do you have any idea what they mean?

Could be the too long screws and or some software issues. I dunno.

I am fine with that as long as it would be communicated more directly :D

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

And If that is not your solution, google for custom grips inserts for handguns, will get much more tips and tricks that for joys.

I'm using skateboards grip tape for that. Incredibly cheap, and you can cut whatever you need from it. Also easier to get than specific gun grips.

PS Although I'm not sure stuff like this is good for the joysticks. Seems little bit too extreme for me :D

Edited by Lehmen

I'm using skateboards grip tape for that. Incredibly cheap, and you can cut whatever you need from it. Also easier to get than specific gun grips.

PS Although I'm not sure stuff like this is good for the joysticks. Seems little bit too extreme for me :D

they are universal grips..... Very cheap

https://www.google.com.ar/search?q=universal+handgun+grip&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwiC7oTb5rPUAhUFE5AKHTzDDs4Q_AUIBigB&biw=1904&bih=890#tbm=isch&q=universal+rubber+handgun+grip&spf=1497116902994

they are universal grips..... Very cheap

Oh, you meant stuff like hogue rubber grips. They are not universal, but made for specific grip diameters (which are bigger than majority of joysticks). And, in my opinion, they are not good for guns either (but I'm a competition shooter, so my requirements are higher than for the most). I stopped using this stuff almost 10 years ago :smilewink: But their "not universal" grips are quite OK, I still have one of hogues grips on one of my AR-15s.

Edited by Lehmen

Oh, you meant stuff like hogue rubber grips. They are not universal, but made for specific grip diameters (which are bigger than majority of joysticks). And, in my opinion, they are not good for guns either (but I'm a competition shooter, so my requirements are higher than for the most). I stopped using this stuff almost 10 years ago :smilewink: But their "not universal" grips are quite OK, I still have one of hogues grips on one of my AR-15s.

Some mans have bigger grips than others, I mean guns.

PD:223 is for plinking, leave those toys and buy some 308 semi :)

Edited by RFC Rudel

This one may seem a little weird, but just to be sure ...

Bearing the warning to only tighten the dry clutch screws to "finger tightness" in mind, are there any long implications to have a relatively strong dry clutch friction? E.g., is there more wear/stress on the components, requiring, e.g., replacement of the nylon collars or other parts sooner rather than later in the future?

Is this a WW2 throttle or a modern jet-ish style throttle or something else or as yet undecided?

As it stands now, a modern style throttle configuration will be first. :thumbup:

VKBNA_LOGO_SM.png

VKBcontrollers.com

This one may seem a little weird, but just to be sure ...

Bearing the warning to only tighten the dry clutch screws to "finger tightness" in mind, are there any long implications to have a relatively strong dry clutch friction? E.g., is there more wear/stress on the components, requiring, e.g., replacement of the nylon collars or other parts sooner rather than later in the future?

From what I was told, the dry clutches have been stress tested and are quite durable for the duration, so I wouldn't worry to much about tightening them. I've asked VKB HQ about this and will reply with more details when I get them.

VKBNA_LOGO_SM.png

VKBcontrollers.com

As it stands now, a modern style throttle configuration will be first. :thumbup:

:thumbup:

From what I was told, the dry clutches have been stress tested and are quite durable for the duration, so I wouldn't worry to much about tightening them. I've asked VKB HQ about this and will reply with more details when I get them.

Thanks!